Reservations Available for Summer 2017
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Leave your car, your shoes and the noise of the city behind. Ocean Beach on Fire Island is a charming community without cars, where the residents walk barefoot to the beach, ride bicycles (weekdays) and use wagons to carry their belongings. We have enjoyed our summers here for 40+ years, and we think your family will love it too!
Ocean Beach offers a playground, library, movie theatre, children's day camp, tennis and basketball courts and softball field. Catholic and Protestant churches and a Synagogue are nearby.
Lovely, 100 year old 3BR beach house with modern amenities.
• 2 minute walk to the beach with lifeguards on duty in season.
• Convenient to shopping and restaurants
• Spacious living room with exposed beam ceilings and southern venting skylights
• Newly renovated bedrooms and indoor bathroom with shower
• Verizon Fios Wireless and DishTV
• Front and back screened-in porches
• Large private deck with BBQ and patio furnishings
• Outdoor half bathroom and enclosed open air shower
• Backyard blueberries for blueberry pancakes!
- No smoking anywhere on the property.
- Maximum Occupancy: 4 Adults
- No pets.
Member since: 2008
- 600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- The town of Ocean Beach has a movie theatre, post office, library with internet access, Youth Group, playground, ball field, tennis courts, shops, and houses of worship. Lifeguards are on duty at both ocean and bay swimming areas. The town has its own police department and fire departments which service the community. NO pets. NO smoking anywhere on the premises....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- Away From It All
- Nude Beach
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Near The Ocean:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Walkway To Water
- Wood Deck
- Housekeeper Included
$3,500 per wk 1 week minimum. No exceptions. Thank you. Maximum Occupancy 6. Maximum 4 adults. No Pets. No Smoking. Thank you!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 5 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Car: Not Necessary
Spend the day at the beach or take a short walk into the village on the Great South Bay. There you will find bayside swimming with lifeguard, bay-front restaurants, grocery stores, a movie theatre and many shops.
The Village of Ocean Beach has a playground, children's day camp, tennis and basketball courts, softball field, library, water taxis and ferries to other Fire Island communities. Catholic and Protestant churches and a Synagogue are nearby. East of Ocean Beach is the 'Sunken Forest,' part of Fire Island National Seashore, a nice day hike. West of Ocean Beach is the Fire Island Lighthouse, a National Park Service museum and monument completed in 1858.
Year Purchased: 1970
About the owner: In our family for 45 yrs.
Why the Owner Chose Ocean Beach, NY, USA:
This cottage is one of the few remaining original cottages in Ocean Beach (circa 1906). It has been in our family since 1970 and we have tried to retain the traditional qualities of a seasonal beach house. This is classic and humble home with new amenities we believe will be both comforting and welcoming.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Original Fire Island beach cottage. Very hard to find an old home with a large deck and two screened-in porches. Renovated inside bathroom and bedrooms (2014). New kitchen (2009). New foundation (2010) and roof (2008-9) saved our cottage from flooding during Hurricane Sandy in 2011. All new living room furniture and decor (2015).
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of house, private screened-in porch with generous seating.
Screened-in front porch.
Back deck, partial view, BBQ
Back screened-in porch dining table seats 6.
New Kitchen 2010, view 1. Stove, Micro, Ice-Maker.
Living room, view 1 shows front entrance screened-in porch.
Indoor Dining Table seats 6.
Living Room, Seating area 2.
Heading to the beach.
Walking SW on the beach.
House on left, walking towards the ocean.
Entrance to front porch and gate to back deck.
Back deck, partial view.
Dining Table with umbrella, back deck.
Back screened-in porch sitting area is opposite the Dining Table.
New Kitchen 2010, Dishwasher & Deep Sink.
View from front porch looking thru the house to the back porch.
Living room, view 2.
Master Bedroom has ceiling fan and A/C.
Bunk-bed room is off the kitchen.
Our beautiful beach. Lifeguards 9-5pm in season.
Nightly sunsets over the Great South Bay.
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- Response time Within 12 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 06/28/2016