LEWES AND CLARK BEACH HOUSE INVITING, CLASSY & COZY MULTI-FAMILY BEACH HOUSE.
IDEALLY LOCATED BY THE LEWES BAY BEACH, THE 3000 SF LEWES AND CLARK BEACH HOUSE SLEEPS 13 ADULTS OR CHILDREN.
* SLEEPS 11 UPSTAIRS IN BEDROOMS. A BABY CRIB IS ALSO UPSTAIRS.
* CAN ACCOMMODATE 2 MORE ADULTS ON FULL-SIZED SLEEPER IN FAMILY ROOM.
WE RENT YEAR ROUND! ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR 2018.
SUMMER RENTALS ARE WEEKLY WITH SUNDAY TO SUNDAY CHECK-INS.
TWO NIGHT MINIMUM STAY IN OFF SEASON.
This ideally located, Lewes Beach is one short block (140 steps) from the front door. This spacious, well-appointed bright home with two family rooms, three master bedroom suites, and two-story screened porch has sunset views of coastal wetlands is just steps to the beach!
* Enjoy the close proximity to the beach, or venture out walking or biking.
* The house is a short bike ride to the Cape May Ferry, the historic district and the marina.
* Walk to get ice cream at Dairy Queen, Dipps or go into town for shopping, restaurants and enjoy some history of the First Town in the First State on Second Street.
* Hop on the Breakwater Trail to tour breweries and eat oysters along the way, ride to Rehoboth or bird-watch along the canal.
The Lewes and Clark Beach House layout makes it easy for family and friends relax and gather on the first floor together or in two separate living areas. The open living room/dining/kitchen centers activity between the dining room table, adjoining the chef’s kitchen, bay-window reading nook, and the fireplace. The main living area has gourmet kitchen, breakfast bar, dining area and living room, and is next to first floor TV room, with full-sized sleeper sofa, and half-bath. A laundry room with sink, pantry and second refrigerator are also on the 1st floor. Retreat to the four upstairs bedrooms with three full baths and screened in porch. (Two bedrooms are private master suites with full baths).
DOWNSTAIRS - GATHERING, COOKING, EATING, RELAXING, & FULL-SIZED SLEEPER
Sprawling open living first floor:
Enter through front door and you have a choice of two relaxing living spaces: The family room with 48” wall mounted flat screen tv with 500+ channels, DVD player, books, and full sized pull out sofa bed or the larger room with open kitchen, dining and living room with fireplace, screened-in porch, with eating area and gas grill on deck.
Return from the beach entering from the back deck, after using the outdoor shower and dropping gear in the garage. Then grab a cold drink or snack from the second refrigerator or pantry in the laundry room. The first floor also has a half-bath.
Meals are a collaborative activity with the kitchen's layout. The well-equipped kitchen has stainless steel appliances, granite counters, 5-seat breakfast bar and 5 burner gas stove with warming drawer and two ovens. The kitchen exits to screened porch and gas grill on deck. Seating for up to 19 at mealtime in dining room, breakfast bar and screened porch.
* Well stocked gourmet kitchen with granite countertop
* 5 seat breakfast bar/island overlooking the cooking suite
* 5 burner gas cooktop with warming drawer
* Double ovens
* All stainless still appliances
* Garbage Disposal
* Blender, toaster, wok, coffee maker, espresso maker, full suite of cookware.
* Assorted spices
* Assorted plastic dishes, glass and china, for a quick meal or everything you need for the special occasion.
* Entry next to outdoor shower and two story screened-in back porch, with gas grill and screened-in eating area.
* Large Washer and Dryer
* Sink and laundry hampers
* Second refrigerator with icemaker
* Iron/Ironing board
* Stocked with tissues, toilet paper, and a few items to easily start your vacation
UPSTAIRS : 4 BEDROOMS * REST AND RETREAT * SCREENED PORCH OVERLOOKING CANAL WETLANDS
* Sleeps 11 adults (or children) upstairs, plus one baby in a beautiful cherry wood crib.
House Accommodates up to 13 adults total, with first floor full-sized sleep sofa (2nd family room can be closed off as 5th Bedroom on 1st floor).
UPSTAIRS KING MASTER BEDROOM SUITE #1 (Sleeps up to 3)
1 Four-poster King, Private Full Size Bath, Night Stands, Twin Daybed, Full Size Closet, Spectacular view of Sunsets over Canal wetlands.
UPSTAIRS KING MASTER BEDROOM SUITE #2 - Cottage Room (Sleeps 2)
1 King, Private Full Size Bath, Full Sized Closet, Night Stands, Desk, Wicker Chairs with Foot Stools.
UPSTAIRS MASTER BEDROOM SUITE #3 - Porch Bedroom (Sleeps up to 4)
1 King, Night Stands, Dresser, Twin Daybed, Twin Trundle Bed, Wall-mounted 48 inch TV, (with 500+ Xfinity Channels) and access to 2nd Story Screened Porch with hammock to enjoy canal wetlands views of Sunset. Jack and Jill Bath, Shared with Bedroom #3: Double sinks, Jetted Tub, & Large Shower.
UPSTAIRS BEDROOM #4 - Van Gogh Room (Sleeps 2 + baby)
1 Queen, 1 Cherry Wood Crib, Night Stands, VHS TV with Disney Movies
Jack & Jill Bath, Shared with Bedroom #3: Double Sinks, Jetted Tub, & Large Shower.
BATHROOMS * 3.5 plus outdoor shower
* Downstairs Bath * Half-bath/Toilet
* Upstairs Full Bath #1 * Toilet, Tub/Shower
* Upstairs Full Bath #2 * Toilet, Tub/Shower
* Upstairs Bath #3 * Jack & Jill Bath, Shared with Bedrooms #3 #4: Double Sinks, Jetted Tub, & Large Shower.
* Holds the gear you need to play or relax at the beach or go for a bike ride on the Breakwater Trail.
* Four bikes, a toddler tricycle, 7 beach chairs, snorkels, fins, beach bags, cooler and raft.
SCREENED FIRST FLOOR PORCH:
* Table that seats 6 adults and rocking chairs
* Views of sunset and wetlands toward canal
* Gas grill on deck
SCREENED SECOND FLOOR PORCH ROOM:
* Spectacular views of sunset and wetlands toward canal with private access from Bedroom #4
* This retreat was recently painted in 2017.
* Comcast Xfinity Package TV - 500+ channels
* House phone
* Built-in stereo system on first floor and porch
* Four built-in USB wall charging outlets
* Dual zone air conditioning & heating
* Ceiling fans
* Washer & Dryer
* Library of Books for children and adults in built-in library and on each floor
* Games: Scrabble, chess, Balderdash, Monopoly, Farkle and many more
* Puzzles, Knitting, Toys
* Outdoor shower
*13+ beach towels
* Free Parking in driveway and in front of house (up to 4-5 cars total)
* No smoking
* No pets (Lewes does not allow dogs on the beach in summer season)
* No parties/events
* Minimum age 26, unless accompanied by adult parent or guardian
THINGS TO DO :
GET TO KNOW THE 1ST TOWN IN THE 1ST STATE
Historic highlights abound in the town and on the trails and by the shore. Discovered by Henry Hudson in 1609, Lewes has something for the history buff, the beach lover, the fisherman, biker, hiker, the artist, birdwatchers and lovers of the sea. Enjoy historic trails, walking in town, and learn of the history of the settlement, Native American, Dutch, English, early industries, War of 1812, U-Boats, and more.
* Breweries (bike to them!)
* Cape Henlopen State Park
* Ferry to Cape May
* War of 1812 Cannonball House
* Bonfires on the bay, with a permit from Lewes
* Fishing Sport Fishing – on your own, or charters from the Marina
* Centrally located - Walk to historic Lewes Shops
* Movies on Route 1
* Just a few miles to Rehoboth Beaches and Boardwalk and Restaurants
* Tax free shopping at Outlet Malls