All the joys of lakeside living can be yours at our art-filled, Mid-century modern Lake Sammamish home that’s built for entertaining. We have 3,600 square feet of airy, contemporary space and 75 feet of shoreline, surrounded by serene gardens and a stream. And we have air-conditioning, a rarity in the Northwest, making summertime pleasant.
Paddle a kayak along the shores of this gorgeous, 8-mile-long lake that’s renowned for water sports and swimming; the water warms to 80+ degrees July through September. Our home’s 80-foot-long dock lets you get right out to where the action is. Enjoy the views from the window-walled Great Room with its treetop ambiance, or gather on the terrace with its festive boathouse–turned–bar, professional Lynx outdoor grill and hot tub. And when evening comes, be entertained in the lakeside Media Room.
The home’s setting, in Bellevue, only 25 minutes east of downtown Seattle (and 10 minutes from the Microsoft Redmond campus) means you can be in a sophisticated cityscape in mere minutes to enjoy top-notch museums; dynamic attractions such as the Pike Place Market, the Space Needle and the waterfront; some of the best cuisine in the country; upscale shopping; and vibrant nightlife. When you’re finished with your urban fun, you can return to your own wooded lakeside escape, surrounded by lush gardens and a gently flowing stream.
With an open plan, art-filled living room and elegant, contemporary kitchen, the spaces in our home are gracious and inviting. The kitchen is well equipped, with an 11-foot granite prep island, a 36” professional gas Thermador cooktop with grill, a Dacor convection wall oven and convection microwave, and a 36-inch sub-zero refrigerator; it’s tastefully stocked with attractive dining and serving ware, and an abundance of high-quality cookware and baking implements. Downstairs, the Media Room has a 65-inch plasma TV with 5.1 surround sound.
Five bedrooms, including a Master Suite and a private-entrance Patio Suite, offer a wide variety of sleeping accommodations. The Master Suite has a tranquil, tree house ambiance, with a lake view framed by graceful ornamental maples, and the sounds of the murmuring stream through open windows, while the Patio Suite has French doors that open to a patio flanked by lush foliage with a view to the lake.
A balcony leads off the kitchen to a spiral staircase that steps down to the garden level, which can also be accessed by stairs leading down from the main floor. The upper terrace is surrounded by a beautifully landscaped Northwest-style garden with a stream flowing through it, and the Jacuzzi here overlooks the lake. On the lower terrace, the boathouse has a supplemental kitchen and bar, with a professional Lynx outdoor grill and two dining tables, one on the terrace, the other on a deck near the water. The broad lake terrace is surrounded by lush plantings, and gives way to the dock.
The five bedrooms are beautifully appointed, with pillow-top mattresses and high-end, hotel-quality linens; amenities include luxurious towels and bathrobes. A supplemental kids’ room has a loft-style queen-size bed and the ambiance of a secret hiding spot. A crib is available, as well. Sleeps 10-12.
• The Master Suite, on the main floor, features a king-size bed, an en suite bathroom and treetop lake views.
• The Garden Bedroom, downstairs, has a king-size bed and a wall of windows that let in the light and views of the lake, gardens and stream; French doors open to the garden.
• The Patio Suite, downstairs, has a queen-size bed and an en suite bath, with a private entrance; French doors open to a private patio framed by trees.
• The Lakeside Bedroom, downstairs, has a queen-size bed and large windows overlooking the lake and gardens, with French doors offering outdoor access.
• The Queen Bedroom, on the main floor, is a tranquil space adjacent to the main bathroom.
• 65-inch plasma TV with DVD player and home-theater sound system
• Comcast Ultra with Netflix and Amazon Prime
• Microsoft X-Box
• Whole-house Sonos music system
• Lakefront hot tub for 8
• Canoe and double sit-on-top kayak