About the property
- House1000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 2 nights
House, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 5)
Willow Creek Inn (with wi-fi) - Just minutes off Parks Hwy. Hatcher Pass State Recreational Area.
* Come, get away from it all on this unique river-front property ! Known for excellent Rainbow/ Steelhead trout fishing. Willow Creek Inn is located in the foothills of the Talkeetna Mountains in the beautiful Susitna Valley with many outdoor opportunities available close by. Ask owner about recommended local fishing guides.
* The property is 27 acres of boreal forest with private river-front. Built with vaulted ceilings, oak floors, large screened windows throughout & beautifully furnished, sided on exterior with cedar. House sits up over the river with a beautiful view of the winding rapids. There's a long set of stairs, a trail & a short set of stairs to river's edge. There is a rocky/sandy area on the shore where guests like to sit by the river and enjoy the sounds of the rushing water. We keep outdoor chairs by the river.
* Willow Creek has several species of trout; rainbow, steelhead and arctic grayling. The river in front of the rental is spawning ground for silver and king salmon. Animals natural to this area are river otter, lynx, moose, brown bear and black bear. You will often see bald eagles flying up and down the river as there is an eagle's nest in the top of a cottonwood tree across the river.
*Fish for salmon as close as the confluence of Willow & Deception Creeks 3 miles downstream from the rental. Many streams crossing the Parks Hwy nearby are popular fishing spots.
* Hatcher Pass State Park & the Nancy Lake State Recreation Area offer many hiking trails. Bring your camera!
* The town of Willow is centrally located to many popular & scenic places to visit such as Hatcher Pass State Park, Independence Historic Mine, Nancy Lake State Recreation Park, Matanuska Glacier, Denali National Park. Willow is surrounded by the Talkeetna Mountains to the east & the Alaska Range to the west & north and has many lakes & rivers. The re-start of the world famous Iditarod Trail Sled-Dog Race is just 7 miles from the rental on Willow Lake.
*In winter months you might view Northern Lights. Winter renters enjoy cross country skiing & snow-machining. The trail leading into Hatcher Pass is minutes away.
*Towns to the south of Willow are Houston, Big Lake, Meadow Lakes, Wasilla and Palmer. To the north are towns of Talkeetna, Sunshine, Trapper Creek & Denali.
* The house has 2 bedrooms with queen beds, lazy boy sleeper sofa. All linens are provided. We can also provide a twin air mattress. When needing sofa sleeper or air mattress, let us know in advance so that we can have bedding out.
*Owners have nothing personal in the house, so you can make yourself at home.
*The kitchen is well stocked with all the necessary dishes, pots, pans, etc. to cook & serve your meals. This is a full kitchen, with side by side refrigerator- freezer, stove - oven, microwave, dishwasher & various small appliances. Items such as coffee/filters, spices, flour, sugar, s&p, are kept in the kitchen. All paper plastic, items such as toilet paper, paper towels & trash bags are provided for your stay. Liquid dish soap as well as dishwasher tablets are provided.
*Bathroom/bedrooms are well stocked with all bath linens. We keep shampoo, body wash & liquid handsoap in the bathroom for your convenience.
*This home has a washer/dryer and we provide liquid laundry soap. There is no charge for the use of washer & dryer.
* People from every state and around the world have stayed here and enjoyed the peacefulness of this river front property and absolutely love it!
*Keys are provided on check-in date at the rental.
Keywords: House on river, private, 27 acres, wooded,
Paul & Ginny
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
About Paul & Ginny
Willow Creek Inn now has WiFi. Just minutes off the Parks Hwy on paved, state maintained road, this is a beautiful and mountainous area. Home to many rivers, lakes and much wildlife. This 27 acres was purchased in 2005, knowing well it would be the perfect place for a wonderful vacation get-away because of the unique & wild beauty of the riverfront. Construction of Willow Creek Inn began in 2006 and was open for rental in 2007. People from all over the U.S. and the world have enjoyed this wonderful riverfront property.
Paul & Ginny purchased this House in 2005
Why Paul & Ginny chose Willow
This is gateway to Hatcher Pass State Recreational Area. WILLOW CREEK INN is centrally located to other areas popular with visitors. There's many things to do in Willow if you love the outdoors, love to fish or just enjoy scenic beauty & wildlife.
What makes this House unique
WILLOW CREEK INN is private. The river is 75 feet from the rental and the sound of the water is soothing. This river is not accessible for motorized boats, but a favorite for rafters & kayakers. Guests have spotted and/or photographed a variety of wildlife on the property. The river is accessible by foot. Great fly-fishing for rainbow/steelhead trout. There are gravel bars you can access for fishing & gold-panning. There's an eagle's nest on the property which eagles occupy during the summer months & raise their young. Willow has excellent fishing guides who will take you down the river in a raft. In the winter, snow-machiners use the 'old military trail' to gain access into Hatcher Pass. Winter renters also enjoy viewing the Northern Lights on cold clear nights in the Northern Sky.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Excellent owner response
Property beautiful in winter. Would like to see in summer. GREAT rental. Highly recommend
You guys were great guests. Hope you have the opportunity to come by sometime in the summer and see the river. Thank you so much for choosing Willow Creek Inn!
The property is gorgeous, sitting on a beautiful creek. The home was cozy and equipped with everything we could ever need! A bit bummed we could not use the wood stove, but overall a great place!
The place was well kept and was exactly what I was looking for.
Best experience I’ve had renting a cabin. Reallly enjoyed the fire pit
Thank you, Peter for your very nice review. We hope you will be able to come back again sometime. You guys were great!
Beautiful cabin in a beautiful setting
Cabin is beautiful, with everything fir a getaway. Kids especially enjoyed playing at the river.
Great Willow Creek cabin
Our group stayed here for four nights in late July 2017. The cabin is very clean, neat and well decorated. It has a nice secluded feeling. We enjoyed sitting on the porches, especially the one that faces Willow Creek. We saw a cow moose and calf on the property. Paul and Ginny were quick to respond and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend this cabin to others and would certainly stay there again myself. Larry &Dianne, Paul & Elaine
Thank you so much for your very nice review. We are glad you were able to enjoy our rental and the river. Hope you will be able to return one day.
Slice of heaven in the woods
From the moment we booked, Paul and Ginny's cabin they made us feel welcome. They sent information about the area and very specific directions. Paul met us upon arrival and showed us around the cabin and shared information about the area. The cabin is VERY clean and has everything you need from cooking utensils, pots, pans, plates, to food and spices.
Our family enjoyed nightly board games that were available.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: The cabin is a close to Anchorage, Denali, and Hatcher Pass. It is on Willow Creek for fishing- if you time it right. If not, you can enjoy a good book and fire on the shore. Paul was nice enough to bring us more wood and start the fire for us one day.
YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IF YOU RENT THIS CABIN! We only wish we could have stayed longer and lived close enough to buy it.
We are so glad you and your family were able to relax and enjoy yourselves. Thank you so much for your great review of Willow Creek Inn.
Hatcher Pass Recreational Area. Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis viewing in winter months Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race Re-Start on Willow Lake just miles from rental (month of March) Gold Pans available at rental (Willow Creek is a Placer Stream)
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
No cleaning fee No security deposit