Michelle St. Pierre Hetz
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Max guests:7 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
A 5 star vacation destination.
Nice location and very clean and tidy layout
Good place, better with few changes
Beautiful home. Kids loved fishing off balcony. Lots of dishes. Washing machine and dryer. Loft bed very comfortable. Good location. Response from owners quick and helpful.
Upon arrival appeared clean. After a while noticed cob webs and lots of dust on hanging lights and by ceiling. Rug in living room needs a good ceaning. But overall pretty clean. Balcony is small but works...lots of cobwebs and dead bugs...could use a cleaning. AC was at 74 for a long while...took at least 24 hours to get to 70. No where to store non-perishable food. Needs new pans...all food stuck to it no matter how much spray and butter we used. Lots of tupperware but no tops that fit. View is not as pictured...was very unpleasant looking. Downstairs bed extremely uncomfortable...my back is killing me. Room with twin and pull out very small...my kids hit their heads when getting up and with trundle out no room left. No where to store clothes in that room either. Walk to town is not bad but not as close as details seemed to make it. About a mile away. Very dark by building and cannot use outside lights due to bugs. Bring a flashlight! Lots of stairs to carry up luggage and groceries. Wifi not good.
Overall a decent place to stay, just not for my large family.
While I welcome constructive criticism, I pride myself on excellent customer service. So I would like to address the issues in your review. I would also have appreciated you discussing this with me when I drove 30 miles to Watertown to bring you your personal items left in the Unit. I asked about your stay , you said it was good , we had a great time, no mention of these issues.
1. I was in close contact with you prior to your arrival, answering all your questions regarding the property and ideas of things to do, restaurants etc.
2. I apologized that the cleaners missed the balcony and offered to send someone over but you declined. Property near the water has bugs that move in quickly that’s why the NO LIGHT policy, for overnight but you may certainly use lights to light your Unit for your trip back. We also have Solar/Movement activated lights for safety on all staircases .
3. The A/C has a new Nest thermostat, I texted instructions, which were also in the instruction book for Unit , including TV, WiFi . I explained that the compressor was in the Boathouse and therefore you needed to open the door for airflow, should not have taken longer than a couple hours to cool and it was a very hot day.
4. The Tupperware has been replaced and I am looking into new pans...... never had a complaint before
5. There is a trunk in the back room butYou are right we could use some shelves and hooks , I will see to that.
6. The rug is silk, taupe and blue and is not dirty..... that’s the color
7. :The Location is great! We are on Carnegie Bay, just around the corner from some of the most beautiful sites on the River, including Boldt Castle, Scenic View Park and millionaires row of historic homes. The View across from Unit is temporary as the construction of the new Marina was not completed due to excessive rain this season and high water levels . It will be beautiful again! The walk into town is just less than a mile or a 2 min drive, there are ample parking lots.
8. The WiFi is slow , not in our control but we are working with Castle Cable on a remedy.
9. This property is usually immaculate, I will double check for cob webs . The spiders are particularly active with the cold nights we’ve been having. I do hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. Regards, Michelle
Wonderful First Time Trip!!!
This was our first time using VRBO and our first trip to 1000 Islands. Michelle, the property manager, was so patient with us and recommended great things to do and places to dine. I couldn’t be more impressed with the communication. The property was perfect. Excellent furnishings and well stocked kitchen for cooking. It was great not having to tote linens and towels along - & what was at the property made you feel like you were in your own home!! Boat garage was great to have. The kids LOVED fishing off the deck!! You drop your line in and get a bite right away!! Even the turtles were fun to watch. Boat launch was right across from the property, making it easy to navigate. Great stay. Would definitely stay there again.
It was a pleasure to host you and your family! So glad you enjoyed the accommodations and had fun fishing! Come back and see us next year, we will have a new Elevator and the new Marina should be completed! Regards, Michelle
Home away from home
Quiet, convenient location, excellent river access. The boat house makes this property very desirable if you are looking to spend time on the river fishing or just cruising. Communication with the landlord was exceptional. This is the one you want! Thanks again Michelle.
Thanks Sal! It was a pleasure to meet you and have you as our guest. So glad you enjoyed the accommodations and having your boat tucked in the Boathouse safe n sound right down the stairs from you. Hope you come back to visit, the Fish are waiting!!
Great spot, great time
The place was perfect It was very clean and had all the amenities. We caught lots of quality fish and it was great to keep my boat in the boathouse each night and during a few periods of rain. The property is close to everything. We went into Alexandria Bay by boat for dinner a few nights and cooked a nice meal at home on the barbecue. I would definitely recommend it.
Thank you Peter! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay..... Bob enjoyed meeting you and exchanging “fish” stories and discussion on lures and bait!! It’s early in the season, hope to see you again, you were a wonderful guest!