About the property
- Condo1200 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay7 nights
Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Sunroom, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
Beachfront Condo with pool. 1200 sq. ft. Beautifully decorated in breezy island colors.On 2nd floor. Although the unit is a two bedroom, six can sleep comfortably. Use the pool or take the boardwalk down to sugar like beaches to pass the time and get away from the rat race. Exploration of our little island will more than fill up a week.
There is the Estuarium, Fort Gaines (a real civil war fort), fishing off the pier or deep sea, the Audubon Bird Sanctuary, biking trails, (Bikes, kayaks and jet skis are available for rent) boutique shops, restaurants and shelling on the beaches. If golf is your thing, there are 18 holes of Scottish style links open to the public everyday but Monday. Next to the golf course are tennis courts.
No rentals shorter than one week please.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calendar last updated:
- May 16, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Spring break...great time!!
We stayed at this condo over Spring Break 2018. The condo was very clean and had a nice beach feel with lots of room. We had 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids) and we never felt we were on top of each other. We had an amazing time and will be back again.
a good value for the money, clean and comfortable
we will be back . a memorable week
Duphin Island was great not so the accomodations (#130142)
Our stay in #130142 was 6/10/17 - 6/17/17. I would not recommend this unit to anyone for the following reasons:
1) The mattress in the master bedroom was so old and springy we were lost in it by the time we finally settled in it. When we lay down on it we would bounce four times before it finally stopped bouncing. It was so bad that we ended up sleeping on the floor in the sun room.
2) There were no curtains on the curtain rod in the master bedroom. Although the windows were frosted we could still see and hear the guests in the neighboring unit enter and exit through the single paned glass.
3) The window and the bifold louvered doors between the master bedroom and sun room were coated in dust.
4) There was water damage apparent on the ceiling in several locations throughout the unit.
5) The deadbolt did not work on the main door and barely functioned on the secondary it was so flimsy. There was a large gap around the main door.
6) The top rack of the dishwasher came off track regularly. You must open the dishwasher door very carefully holding on to it at all times or risk having it crash open on your feet. Evidently the springs on the door are no longer functioning.
7) The trap door to the attic sagged down from the ceiling enough that you could see the gap between the ceiling and the dark space above.
8) While there was no internet provided there was also no cell reception from this unit. If you walked 50 feet in either direction from the unit you could receive coverage. The surrounding units did have internet provided by their owners.
9) The toilets did not function properly. In order for them to flush you had to hold both handles down all the way and flush twice until the water drained out.
10) If you like to soak in the tub this unit is definitely NOT the unit for you. By the time the tub fills up the water is lukewarm at best. The tub would not hold the water. When you have the drain lever engaged for the drain it continues to drain, just at a slower rate.
11) The cable went out halfway through our stay. While the owner was responsive about it getting back on it went out a second time. HBO went out and stayed out the last half of our stay.
12) The towels and bedding were threadbare, had holes in them or were torn.
13) The bamboo bedpost in the master bedroom was splitting.
14) There appeared to be mold between the couch cushions in the sunroom.
15) Where repairs have been made they appeared cobbled. It needs work on it. Over priced.
We wish Nancy had communicated with us and are surprised by this bad review. If there is ever a problem we want the opportunity to fix it. We offer a 100% refund to any visitor who finds this beach condo not to their liking and then notifies us and checks out within the first day. This renter chose to stay the entire week.
1) We purchased all new mattresses in 2016 for master bedroom and 2nd bedroom.
2) True, we have ordered new curtains for master bedroom but curtains were not installed in time for this guest.
3) I think the cleaning staff does a great job. But, it is possible they miss a bit of dust at the height of busy summer season.
4) The minor water damage on ceilings has been re-mediated, but some of the new drywall work is obvious.
5) The locks work very well and more weather stripping has been added to front door.
6) She is correct about the removable top rack of dishwasher.
7) The trap door to attic is very solid, made of wood and kept locked.
8) We do not have WiFi. Our cell phones work just fine in the condo. It is an island. Cell coverage is limited on the island and some carriers do not work well there.
9) It is an eco friendly low flow toilet , it is designed in a fashion that you must hold handle down continually for several seconds.
10) The hot water heater works well, I believe she did not turn the breaker on for the water heater. sometimes the breaker is off upon arrival. We will check the tub stopper situation.
11) Occasionally on the island during tropical storms, the cable goes out. There is only one cable company servicing all of Dauphin Island and they work as quickly as possible to restore service to all their customers.
12) The cleaning company washes all linens. It is possible during this busy summer season they used older linens. Glad it was brought to our attention.
13) Much of the furniture is original to the unit. We kept furniture we thought had unique character.
14) Mold is very unlikely. The air conditioner runs the entire season even when we dont have guests, keeping humidity too low for mold. Additionally, all the couches have slip covers and the cleaning service washes and dries them between guests.
15) Our price is the market rate , the same as other units in the condo complex, and we never charge a deposit.
We will continue to try to improve our renters experience and hope that potential guests will weigh this one review against the many good reviews we have received .
1st big vacation as a Family!
We had an amazing time. My family included myself, my fiancee, and two children, ages 8 and 4. My children would have loved to have stayed in the water 24/7 but we planned different activities to do while there. Our condo was great! We had plenty of room for all of us. Only had one issue the first day we were there, the A/c froze up but other than that it was amazing. We went to the Estuarium, and Fort Gaines one day and ate at JT's Sunset Grill. Another day we took the ferry over to Gulf Shores and spent the day there. went to the Museum ate at Desoto's seafood kitchen. We went to Pascagoula MS to the Lighthouse then into Biloxi MS only thing there we did was go to the visitors center and ate at The Reef ( Amazing food ). Another day we went into Mobile tot he Battleship tours. Then on our last day we went back to Biloxi MS to the Fun center and played there all day ate at the Reef again, then stopped in Gautier MS to visit family before we came back home. It was so much fun We cannot wait to return!!!
Lots and Lots of Room! Great location!
This condo was much larger than I anticipated! It's hard to imagine that you are in a condo because the rooms are big! It's an older condo so be aware that you aren't walking into the Hilton. The kitchen is well stocked, tons of pots and pans, plates, serving utensils, etc. The decor is a little funky, but cool. It prepares you for a laid back, island feel. We met some people that have owned a condo there since 1972 and they were a hoot! You are just a short walk to the beach on a boardwalk from the condo complex, the estuary and Sea Lab is about 2.5 miles from the condo. It's really in a great location, nice and quiet, and perfect for a great family getaway! Thank you for helping us make great memories!
Mayberry at the beach!
We love Dauphin Island and the Surf Club is a great place to stay. Place was clean and neat. Owners very easy to work with. Can't wait to go back. Fishing from the beach was great too. Some fresh shrimp from Skinner's makes for a great meal there too.
Additional information about rental rates
SNOW BIRD SPECIAL RATES AVAILABLE!!! $800 per month during winter -30 days minimum