Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
Beautiful Wooden Cottage at Ideal Location for a Relaxing Holiday
Comfortable double bed 1.6m wide.
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 3
Minimum age of primary renter:
- I do not like rules and my philosophy in life is do to others as I like other people would do to me. Therefore I can only say that Cristina, my wife and me will try to help you in anything you need. We have put a lot of love and dedication to ensure that you are as comfortable as we would like to be when we go on vacation. The cottage has been built between May and July 2014. All is brand new and we have put everything as if it was for us. Please take care of everything as if it was yours and together we will ensure that the next guest can find it as you did. Smoking is not allowed inside the house but if you smoke and want to do it outside in the terrace, we do not have any problem. Please ask us for and ashtray. Regarding the details: About the keys – When you arrive we hand you a set that includes the key to the main door of the cottage and a remote control to open the gate that gives access to the plantation. Please make sure you hand them over the day you leave. About Parking – You have a large parking lot next to the property that you are welcome to use, however we suggest that you park in the area between the 2 big avocado trees (were the branches are lower) because from the breeze, some times, avocados fall and may cause a small bump to your car. About the Garbage – When you have your bucket full or you want to dispose of it, there is a green container just outside the property in front of the Church on the other side of the street. About the bathroom – The property as you can see is situated in a rural area and we do not have public sewage. We would appreciate if you dispose of paper and other hygienic napkins in the small bin placed next to the WC for this purpose. This will ensure that the septic tank does not get clogged up. About the water – The water you have at the property is the same as we have at home. It is not public water. It is natural spring water that has not been treated with chlorine or have any type of sanitary controls. We drink it at home and we feel blessed to have this water. Nobody has ever got sick from drinking this water; however it is your choice to drink it or buy bottled water. About Internet – You have free Wi-Fi access in the house. Please let us know if you have any problems getting access. About the TV and DVD – You have a nice 32” LED TV. However most of the channels you get are in Spanish. Disney Channel can be switched to English. We are considering putting a Satellite Dish so that you have a wide variety of channels to watch, but we really do not know how important this is to our guests, so we will appreciate your opinion. Also there is a DVD with USB connection so that if you want to bring DVDs or movies in a pen drive you can also watch them. We have some movies on DVD at home. If you wish we can provide you with a list and lend them to you any day. If you have problems using the TV or DVD, please let us know we will be happy to help. About the Terrace – You have a table, chairs and 2 lounge chairs. The cushions for these are in the bedroom underneath the bed. We ask you to please take them inside the house when you are not using them and at night because the night dew will make them damp. About Cleaning – Cleaning and changing beds and towels is included once a week. If you need additional cleaning or change of towels we can provide it at a small cost (10€ for changing bed clothes and towels and 10€ for cleaning the house). About Access by the owner– In case we need to repair or inspect something inside the house we will notify you previously (unless it’s an emergency) and we will do it as fast as possible, trying not to disturb your stay in any significant manner. About Insurance – We encourage all renters to purchase traveller insurance. We are not a tourist establishment. You are guests at our property and we do not have especial insurance to cover any medical emergencies, loss of documents or other unpredictable things that could happen during your stay. About Check-out – We request from you that on the day you leave you do so by 11:00 AM. This is important for us since we need some time to make the necessary arrangements for the next guests to find the property as you found it upon arrival. Please remember to return the key and remote control. If your flight is later in the afternoon and you need a place for your luggage we will be happy to store it at home for you.
- english, spanish, Rest of languages with Google translate.
Chris my wife and me are professionals, I am an engineer and my wife is an interior decorater. We feel blessed to live in the avocado plantation and we wanted to share with others this beautiful and peaceful place.
Ted purchased this Cottage in 1998
Why Ted chose La Orotava
If you want a unique place were to stay with all the commodities of a modern home but with the charm of a country property this is the place for you.
What makes this Cottage unique
Location, very quiet and close to everything.