Castle Beach Retreat - Relax at the Best Beach in Santa Cruz(19 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 4 Bedrooms 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 11)
Castle Beach Retreat is a 2-story, 3000sq ft home directly across from one of the best beaches in Santa Cruz - Seabright Beach. Full-length windows overlook the beach and Santa Cruz Pier - allowing you to watch the sunset while barbecuing on the spacious balcony or lie in bed listening to the waves.
Seabright State Beach, known to locals as Castle Beach, is a south-facing beach with the reputation of being the warmest, sunniest beach on the Monterey Bay. Great for families, this State Beach has restrooms, lifeguards*, and since Castle Beach Retreat sits at the beach's main entrance, there are no stairs or cliffs to negotiate. Enjoy roasting marshmallows on one of the only beaches that allows bonfires. Plus due to limited beach parking, traffic is much lighter here compared to other popular beaches.
Seabright Beach lies between the Santa Cruz Harbor and famed Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, home of the Giant Dipper roller coaster. The Boardwalk is 3 blocks over the old train bridge (the same bridge featured in the movie Lost Boys) or 1 1/2 blocks during low tide (but you might get your feet wet). The harbor is a great place to charter boats or rent paddle boards, Hobbies, kayaks, etc. It also has some great places to eat. - Our location has easy access for even families with small kids to both attractions without the hassle of the crowds or parking.
The Seabright area is one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Santa Cruz. Centrally located, you are only a short walk from coffee shops, delis and great restaurants. There is also several theaters in the downtown shopping district and there are activities likes concerts, roller skating, bowling, laser tag, climbing, hiking, biking and much more just minutes away.
Castle Beach Retreat proudly maintains the highest sanitary practices, adheres to all local ordinances and is professional managed by SCBR. This added level of quality offers the VRBO guest piece of mind and the ability to call someone when needed. The Retreat was renovated in 2012. It offers a spa like setting with 4+ bedrooms/3.5 baths, including 2 master bedrooms with ocean views. There are beds for up to 11 people as well as other attractive features: We allow up to 10 adults max. We do allow an additional + 2 children or combinations of less adults and more children.
- Upstairs, the spacious grand room features an entire wall of full-length windows and sliding glass doors. They connect to the balcony and provide spectacular beach views. Our balcony is considered by many neighbors as the best in the area. There is also an outdoor gas BBQ, a dining table that seats 12, a bar that seats 6, a 65” Plasma HDTV with DirecTV/BlueRay, a gas fireplace, and exposed high beam ceilings. Castle Beach Retreat has a whole-house Sonos entertainment system
- The beautiful kitchen overlooks the grand room and ocean. It offers just about anything you are likely to need for even a Thanksgiving dinner party including: silverware, pots, pans, dishes, glasses, and serving utensils. This high-end kitchen is a chef's dream with a huge 11 foot working island attached to a bar for guests. It has the latest state-of-the art Jenn-Air microwave, warming drawer, double convention oven and inductive cook top. Also supplied is a toaster, coffee maker, coffee press, rice cooker and crock pot.
- You may never want to leave the upstairs master bedroom and bath. It offers a kingsize bed, 47' HDTV, Sonos entertainment system and walk-in closet. The master bath has a huge two person, extra deep tub, it's own 47” HDTV, Sonos sound system, and Robern vanities and cabinets.
- The downstairs master bedroom is a studio suite with a kingsize bed, kitchenette/dinning area, bath, 42” HDTV with DirecTV, and fireplace
- downstairs there are also two additional bedrooms, named the O Neil Room and Meg's Room respectively, and a large entertainment room/garage named the Ducati Room, as a solute to the famous motorcycle company. The Ducati Room offers guests a new 65' plasma HDTV, SatTV receiver and Playstation 3 with BlueRay. It is perfect for the young or young at heart. The O Neil and Meg's Rooms are both connected to a “shotgun” bathroom. Meg's Room has a twin over double bunk-bed with an additional pull-out single bed. The O Neil Room has a queen-size bed.
- There is an outdoor shower with hot and cold water and a hose to rinse off the sand
Come enjoy an unbeatable beach getaway!
Because of the location and city ordinances we must limit guest to two cars maximum
Lifeguard service is seasonal
Keywords: Castle Beach Retreat
Member since: 2008
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 12
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 11-12
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Game Console
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer:
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 1 - May 25, 2017
2 night min stay
May 26 - Sep 5, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sep 6 - Nov 1, 2017
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $300 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Tax Rate 11%
7 night min during Summer and some holidays. Refunds up to 60 days before your stay. After that, refunds only on a best efforts basis on renting that time.
We will send you a contract. Once we receive the signed contact and a check or Paypal payment for the deposit, you are set. Paypal payments for rent and/or deposit are also accepted now for a fee of 2.9%. Please inquire about holiday rates for Christmas, New Years Thanksgiving, Forth of July and Spring Breaks
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About the owner: Lou and Sacha have rented out their beach house for years. They live in Los Gatos and use the house for themselves and their kids frequently as well. Sacha is originally from the Netherlands and works in high tech public relations. Lou is from Northern California and works in high tech sales. They love to travel and often rent other homes on VRBO for their family trips.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Having coffee on the deck while watching the kids
View from Kitchen
Upstairs master bedroom
Steam shower, two person tub with 47inch TV and high-tech Robern vanities
You could see these guys from the kitchen! They hung out for 2 weeks last winter
Seabright sits between the Beach Boardwalk & Harbor (house is in the middle)
Exploring a local sea cave on Seabright Beach
Biplane rides along the coastline are just minutes away
Castle Beach Retreat underwent a major interior remodel in 2012,
The new kitchen offers state-of-the-art appliances and lots of new cabinets
Retract the power shade in the spa-like steam shower to get a view of the ocean
The 2nd master bedroom downstairs has the same great views as the Great Room
Shot of house from the beach (light green house to the right)
Seabright beach is wide, south-facing and considered one of the nicest in the SC
Seabright is one of the only beaches that allows an open fire
Kids making a play area out of winter driftwood
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.