We welcome you to Crete and the picturesque village of Mesi, built on a lovely position, on a small hill of 300 meters above sea level! Dotira Guesthouse, is a two-storey stone mansion of the 18th century, which has a surface area of 166 square meters and the surrounding plot one of 350 square meters.
Thanks to the recent careful restoration the house adheres to the traditional architecture and offers our visitors the experience of a special sojourn. Natural materials, such as wood, stone, were used, respecting the house’s history and its traditional elements were preserved and highlighted: the bathroom, the fire place and the water trough at the terrace.
Externally, the villa is built in a classic, yet modern way, where stone and rustic feeling prevail! At the outside area there is an inner courtyard, with a lovely siting area and a traditional wood oven, making it ideal for al fresco dining! Also, there is an amazing garden with local herbs and flowers, right next to the wonderful 20 m2 and 1,40 m deep private pool, where our guests can relax, enjoy the fresh country air of Mesi and the soothing environment of the house! The court yard and pool terrace create a rustic, romantic atmosphere, where you will love spending your morning and evenings!
The yard offers access to the former stable of the house, which has been converted to an attic, featuring a working area, with a desk and an extra double bed on a special construction, on the upper level. This room provides total privacy and internet access, if you need to work on something!
Entering the property you will see the spacious living room with a great open fireplace, a rustically decorated, fully equipped kitchen, with a dining area, perfect for indoor dining with your family or friends and one bathroom.
Beautiful wooden stairs lead the guests to the upper floor, where guests can find three lovely bedrooms (two double and one twin) and a WC. Balconies from the first floor enjoy a stunning view of the whole area, olive groves and an open view on the Cretan Sea!
Supplementary alternative activities – agritourism
Stone is a source of energy and helps getting close to nature and the earth! Dotira Guesthouse gives you the chance to choose from a plethora of alternative activities, individually or in a group, which offer bodily and spiritual wellbeing and therapy, such as walking, herb picking, soap making, hiking and visiting archaeological sites, monasteries and local monuments, both in Mesi and the nearby villages.
Also, during your stay you may have the opportunity to participate in the cultivation and care of our garden, harvest its fruits and enjoy its products!
- Welcome basket included, courtesy of the owner. Dotira house offers the rich goods of the Cretan land, to all guests. The house is stocked with cretan rusks, home made jams, goat’s milk, cheese, fresh eggs and fruit from Mesi trees, herbal teas (sage, thyme, marjoram, rock roses) and more…depending on the season! Furthermore, for stays longer than 7 days a lovely, Cretan dinner, including traditional recipes with organic products locally produced, bread baked in the wood oven and raki, the famous local drink, will be provided during your stay!
- Quality towels, bed linen, covers and blankets provided.
- Housekeeping, towels and linen changes twice a week.
- Sun beds and umbrellas available. Pool towels provided.
- Baby cot and high chair available if needed.
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms and living room area is included.
- Complimentary free Wi-Fi coverage is available throughout the house.
- All in-house electronics are available, including a washing machine, dishwasher, TV with satellite reception, CD and DVD players, large fridge with freezer, electric kitchen, kettle, toaster, espresso coffee machine, iron and iron board.
- Pool and garden cleaning twice a week. The pool operates from April to October.
- 24h/7days ThinkVilla concierge service included.