3 bedroom, 1 Indoor & 1 outdoor bathroom home nestled in the forests of Yosemite
https://theforestretreathouse.com/ A Guided Tour of the Forest Retreat House https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oby4lmGs-ik
Owner purchased this House in 2018
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Healthy clean organic food is very limited up here. There are only four restaurants that I typically eat at.
- The Elderberry House • 5 star (dated design) but incredible local fare, prepared amazingly! You needn’t do their 3 - course, just ask for their a la carte menu! (in Oakhurst)
- South Gate • A great spot if you’re looking for a brewery that serves organic, grass-fed food and kombucha. (In Oakhurst)
- Majestic Lodge Dining Room • When we’re actually in Yosemite Park, we’ll often grab a bite at this famous dining room. (In Yosemite)
- The Alley • If you’re looking to grab a drink, hear live music, and meet the locals, this is the watering hole to head to! (In Mariposa)
Cooking is by far the way to go up here! It allows you to connect deeper with mother nature by preparing her local, organic, mineral rich produce! When we are off to the park, river, or hike, we’ll often pack a picnic.
- High Country Health Food & Cafe • A tiny health food store that carries organic groceries & produce (Mariposa)
- Mariposa Farmers Market • May-October • Wednesday’s 5-6:30p (Mariposa)
- Raw Roots Organic Farm • March-December • CSA pick up locations (in Cathey’s Valley)
- Merced Farmers Market • If you’re driving through Merced, this farmers market is year-round, Saturdays 8a-12p (Merced)
- Whole Foods • If you’re driving in through Fresno, there is a Whole Foods (Fresno)
We’re so lucky to be staying in the heart of hiking territory with all of the trails around the house alone! But I’ve listed some that are in town and the park as well!
- If you leave our front door, swing a right, and turn another right where Jerseydale Rd turns into dirt, you’ll find a river three miles down the road. This is a steep hike. (Advanced)
A few other favorites on that road include:
- Briceburg River Walk • My dog, Barley, and I tend to walk this path barefoot year-round. It follows my all-time favorite River. We’ll usually dip down for a cold plunge along our walk!
April-September we have some of the best rivers and swimming holes after the snow-melt from Yosemite.
- Briceburg Bridge • This is my favorite spot to swim the Merced River. Simply drive and pick a hole you like. Take a picnic and jump off of the rocks! (In Mariposa)
- The Octagon • A super secret swimming hole that all of my friend’s and I would ditch high school to go swim at! (In Mariposa)
- Tenaya Lake • (in Yosemite Park)
- Cathedral Lake Hike • (in Yosemite Park)
I’ve listed all of the healers and wellness spaces that I rotate between when I am up here! Everything is MUCH more affordable here than in Los Angeles & NYC.
- Studio M Yoga for all of my yoga. $16
- Olga for massage $75 for 60mins
- Jack Caraco for acupuncture $85 first session and $65 after (cash or check only)
- Dr Roberts for chiropractic $45 a session