|Minimum Stay||6 - 30 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Villa Borealis is located on a quiet cul-de-sac in the exclusive gated (24 hour staffed) community of Windsor Palms. In minutes (just 3 miles) you are at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Villa Borealis (built in 2002) is first and foremost a second home to us. We spend many weeks here each year. As a result, we maintain the highest 5 star villa standards. There are many amenities including:
- Oversized east and south facing Pool and Spa. Enjoy the best of both worlds, that beautiful morning sun, sun most of the day, and just when you need it most, some welcome shade late on those hot afternoons. The pool also has an infant safety fence.
- 50 inch Panasonic Plasma HDTV including Blueray and VHS in the family room and TV's in all bedrooms and DVD's in all but the master bedroom. The Plasma HDTV in the family room has many TRUE HD channels for you to enjoy. These include ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, ESPN and many others. These are provided with the HD package from Comcast Cable. The bedroom TV's are mounted high on the wall so you can actually watch them comfortably while lying in bed.
- 4 bedrooms.
- Master - King with Ensuite
- Bedroom 2 - Two Twin Beds
- Bedroom 3 - Queen
- Bedroom 4 - Bunk - Double on bottom and twin on top.
- All Bedrooms are equipped with black out blinds so that you can get a good night sleep.
- Air Conditioned Recreation Room with Slate Pool Table, Foosball, Air Hockey, PS2 (bring your own games-a few are provided) and a Giant Screen TV.
- IPOD docking stereo system so you can bring your music with you to enjoy.
- There is a Pack-n-Play and a high chair in the home for use with infants and small children.
- Cable TV in all rooms.
- Quote code SP1 on your first enquiry for a special offer.
- Free Wireless Internet. There is also a Computer in the Recreation Room so you can leave your laptop at home if you wish. An added bonus is the printer with the computer so you can print your boarding passes at the villa prior to leaving for the airport. It can save a lot of time in those line ups at the airport
- Free Long Distance calls to USA, Canada, France, Italy , the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Hair Dryers in all Bathrooms.
- Ceiling Fans in all bedrooms (except bunk room).
- Large size Front Loading Washer and Dryer.
- Private Propane BBQ/grill.
- A great and friendly local management company to solve any problems you may encounter.
- Coded entrance lock so that you can proceed directly to Villa Borealis upon your arrival.
- Large safe in the master closet. It works with the same code as the door.
- Automatic Membership for the duration of your stay at Windsor Palms Resort which includes large community Pool, Hot Tub, Toddler Pool, Exercise Room, Rec. Room, Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis, 58 seat Theatre, Playground, BBQ area and Convenience Store.
- Nearby you will find great shopping, dining, fast food, golfing and of course, all those Theme Parks that make the Orlando area the number 1 tourist destination in the world. The Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM Studios), Animal Kingdom, Sea World, and Universal Studios are all near by.
- There is a shuttle to the theme parks available for a fee at the clubhouse.
- We always keep our Availability Calendar up to date.
- A minimum rental of 6 days is normally expected. We will consider less than 6 days only if the request does not break up open time blocks.
-Pool Heat is $25/day - Recommended Oct-Apr.
-A 10% Discount is available for direct bookings of 3 weeks or more.
-All rates are subject to 13% Florida Tax
-We accept VISA, MasterCard, PayPal or personal checks.
-Reservations are not confirmed until payment clears the bank or credit card company.
We are Lyle and family.
Lyle purchased this house in 2008
We love Central Florida for all the attractions, shopping and weather.
Our property was rated 5 stars on another website prior to us purchasing the Villa. Since then we have made the following upgrades:
- replaced the living room TV with a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma HD TV complete with the HD package from Comcast. The previous 40 inch TV is now in the games room and used for the PS2 that we added.
- replaced the living room furniture with a leather sectional and a stand alone leather recliner.
- added an IPOD docking system so you can enjoy your music.
- added a phone with free long distance to North America and most of Europe.
- added many VHS, DVD, and Bluray movies.
- added a new Air Hockey game in the games room.
- added a new Dell computer complete with flat screen monitor and printer. The printer is great for printing your boarding passes prior to leaving for the airport.
- added a keyless coded lock system so that you can proceed directly to the Villa upon your arrival in Orlando.
- added black out blinds in all bedrooms so you can have a better sleep.
- replaced an old queen bed with two new twins beds for more flexibilty for families.
- replaced the linens in the villa with higher quality ones.
- added a pool blanket. Although it takes a couple of minutes to take off the pool, it is a huge benefit for the renter. Most villas without pool blankets have very cool pools in winter, even with pool heat. With a blanket, the pool is always a nice temperature for you when ever you may wish to use it.
- added a propane BBQ so you can grill your meals outside should you choose.
- replaced certain pool equipment with newer safer versions for your safety.
- added a new high chair and a new pack-n-play.
- added a code operated safe.
- added 'mobility assistance bars' to the master bathroom.
- added a new front load washer and dryer.
- added a new flat screen TV in the Master Bedroom.
- added a new Bluray player in the living room.
- added a new flat screen TV in the Queen Room.
We are so glad we rented this home for our first trip to Disney! We were torn between staying in a resort and renting off-site, and there is no doubt we made the right choice. Families wanting peace and quiet and a great place to relax after long days at the theme parks would love this home. It is located in a quiet, safe, gated resort community that has a wonderful clubhouse complete with a convenience store, arcade, and movie theatre. This house is just as described and exceeded our expectations.
This house was perfect for our family of four, and could easily accommodate two families. The house was furnished lovely, neat as a pin, and exceptionally clean. We all slept wonderfully each night because the beds were so comfortable! The kitchen was well stocked with updated appliances and all the essentials needed to cook, and we absolutely loved that the house provided a gas grill. The furniture in the den was also great - leather sectional and recliner so much better than what you normally find in a rental. The kids enjoyed the game room, and we all loved the pool and spa. How wonderful to come back and swim and soak after long days of walking the parks - no better way to end the day!
The owner was great! Once our booking was confirmed, he provided docs with detailed directions and all of his tips for Disney parks, other places to visit, local restaurants, grocery stores, etc. This house is so close to Disney - it literally took us 5-10 minutes to get to the parks each morning. There is a Publix 5 minutes away, and many restaurants in close proximity. We don't see how our first trip to Disney could have been any better, and we look forward to returning and staying in this home! We would definitely recommend this home to our friends and family.
Stayed with my husband and 3 boys over spring break. We were very pleased! Reservations were simple and Lyle was easy to work with. The description was accurate, and the house was lovely! We had tons of room and I really liked the one floor layout. This resort is easy to find, clean and quiet, and is very close to Disney, about 30 minutes from Universal and just over an hour away from the Kennedy Space Center (a must-do!). The resort has a nice large pool and game room, which we only visited once because we found all that we needed at the pool and game room at the house. The game room was well stocked (pool table, foosball, air hockey) and the pool was amazing! We got the pool heat, and I'm not sure how necessary it was since it was pretty warm the week we were there, but the water was perfect even first thing in the morning. The LED pool lights are a fun touch!
The house was as shown in the pictures and described. The house worked great for our family of 4. The kids loved the game room. We all spent hours in the pool-appreciated having the pool cover to retain the pool heat we purchased. I appreciated the giant pool towels and being able to do our laundry at the house. Quiet location and liked the gated community. We would stay here again.
We chose this home because of all the positive reviews! We had a series of problems with the house. These problems were identified near the beginning of our stay (2 weeks), and solved near the very end of our stay. While Lyle acknowledged that we didn't get what we paid for, he refused to compensate us for these mishaps.
1. A SEWAGE PLANT BEHIND THE HOUSE! Click on the map view of this listing and zoom down a bit and you'll notice a body of water in your backyard. MOST of our backyard relaxation was accompanied by a constant noise (factory, engines) and the most putrid potty smell filling the air, so thick you can taste it. In addition, the house water STINKS! We planned to drink bottle water, but when you shower or brush your teeth, bring a nose plug.
2. COCKROACHES - Nowhere in the listing, but when you arrive you'll be presented with a full page that cockroaches are a problem in the area. We had cockroaches daily feasting on our countertop, and in the bedroom. The first day I put a bag of apples on the countertop and later in the day met my first cockroaches. There were 3-4 that made their way into the bag! They acknowledged that there was a problem and offered to 'spray' the house while we were there! Ya, no thanks!
3. NO POOL HEAT: Since we stayed in Feb, it was recommended that we bought pool heat, which we did. From day one the pool heat wasn't working, the pump had problems and the cover was shredded. While Lyle didn't end up 'charging' us for pool heat, he failed to acknowledge that a home without pool heat in Florida's winter affected the rest of out stay.
4. NO HOUSE HEAT: I guess the furnace isn't needed for most of the year, but we had several overnight lows in the single digits. Since the furnace was wired to a 30AMP breaker instead of the 60AMP breaker that was required, it would not run. We would wake up in the morning shivering. A technician finally fixed it and we had heat for the last couple days.
5. NO TV, INTERNET, PHONE: because of a faulty wire behind the wall, we had the worst experience with the tv, internet and phone. Of course, in this day of age, one might commit suicide without just one. Out of 2 weeks, we enjoyed about 3 days with our services working. The good news is it's likely working for you, the bad news is Lyle takes a 'that's the risk you take' attitude as a property owner, and refused to compensate us partially for this.
6. The games room equipment wasn't very good quality
We stayed here for a week in January 2016. Two grandparents, two parents and four children -- 10, 8, 5 and 2. Everything about the place was perfect for us. The owner was very helpful and provided great information about how to make the most of the excellent location near DisneyWorld. The bunk beds in one bedroom and the twin beds in the other were perfect for the four children. Even had a pack-and-play for the 2-year-old. The queen bedroom for the parents was next to those, so the whole family was on one side. The grandparents had the spacious king master on the other side of the house. There are three bathrooms. The "garage" serves as the play room, complete with air-hockey (big hit) and a pool table. Well-equipped with electronics, including computer and printer. The home's pool was the perfect play area between and after days at Disney. The villa clubhouse has a large outdoor pool, play room, and sundries shop. The villa is just two miles from everything you could possibly need -- groceries, restaurants, miniature golf -- and very close to the back entrance to Disney past Animal Kingdom. The owner was extremely cooperative and helpful, We had one minor issue with the pool heat temperature, and the owner had several folks there quickly to make the adjustment and make sure everything was okay, We would definitely stay here again.
The home was so welcoming and so perfect for our vacation! We traveled with 4 teenagers, who loved the game room and the pool! It was wonderful having a washer and dryer and all of the amenities were wonderful! Well maintained and immaculate! We have already recommended it to friends and will definitely book again!
Nearby you will find great shopping, dining, fast food, golfing and of course, all those Theme Parks that make the Orlando area the number 1 tourist destination in the world. The Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM Studios), Animal Kingdom, Sea World, and Universal Studios are all near by.
There is a shuttle to the theme parks available for a fee at the clubhouse.
Other Activities: Shopping, basketball, boating, miniature golf
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 9 2017 - Feb 28 2017
30 night minimum stay
Mar 1 2017 - Apr 23 2017
6 night minimum stay
Apr 24 2017 - Jun 4 2017
6 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
Bookings of 6 nights or less will be charged a $85 cleaning fee in addition to what is quoted.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.