About this rental
Rooms & beds
Bedrooms: 4(Sleeps: 12)
Bunk bed (2)
sleep sofa /futon
Guest Room Ground level 2nd FL
Twin/Single · Queen
Guest Room Main Floor (2nd)
Twin/Single · Queen
sleep sofa /futon · King
Bathroom 1st floor
Toilet · Shower
Bathroom Main Level
Toilet · Combination tub/shower
tub · Toilet · Shower
- Washer & Dryer
- Children Welcome
- Pets Welcome
- Satellite or cable
- Hot Tub
Hosted by Katie FlakollAsk a question
About Katie Flakoll
We live in the Bay Area and love to spend time in Shelter Cove every chance we get.
Why Katie Flakoll chose Shelter Cove
Shelter Cove is one of our most favorite places in the world! We were so excited to purchase BlackSands in December of 2019. The prior owner started the project in 2007 and had the vision to create a truly unique space. The lot was chosen to build because it faces the south, which provides sunlight for most of the day. The house is built using Insulated Concrete Forms, which are foam blocks that stack up to form walls, then concrete is poured in. The walls are over 12 inches thick, which provides amazing insulation. Also, the floors are stamped concrete with over a mile of pex tubing inside them. This is connected to an elaborate boiler system in the mechanical room. There are 4 zones in the house, each controlled with a nest thermostat. The feeling of warm floors under your feet is really nice after a day on the beach! The house is one of the largest in the area with 4 levels but it was designed with an open concept. We could have extended the second floor for more square footage but wanted the great room to have high ceilings, which are 25 feet at the peak. You can sit on the couch and look out the floor to ceiling windows at the massive fir trees and mountains just outside. We wanted to fill this space with a really nice sound system and TV to watch movies and sports. There are 7 speakers built into the walls and subwoofer. It is really nice to enjoy immersive music in this room. The couches are power reclining and SUPER comfortable. The kitchen is really incredible and we are so happy the way it turned out. The granite is imported and called White Princess and there is a lot of it. The island connects the great room and kitchen and is a favorite spot to each dinner or watch the Chefs cook up the days catch. The hot tub is a real treat after a day at the beach. We put it just under the covered patio on the first level. So relaxing to look up at the trees and stars at night.
What makes this House unique
* Lots of space for a single-family or several families to enjoy their vacation together in one house * Total of 18 people in beds! (if 2 slept in all queens/kings/doubles)- We cap at 15 people * Internet / phone included * 4 - 55" TVs, 1- 65" TV, 1- 75" TV * Alexa * Nest Heating- we will get the floors toasty for your arrival * Open concept great room * Large flat yard that is great for kids * Gourmet Kitchen * Hot Tub * Large Balcony off the master overlooking the forest
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Pets allowed - Fenced back yard. Please cleanup after your pets. Fenced back yard. Please cleanup after your pets.
No events - Our house is intended for families. No partiesOur house is intended for families. No parties
Smoking allowed - Outside smoking is okOutside smoking is ok
Max guests: 12 (sleeps up to 12 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 28
- BlackSands is a family friendly home. We don’t allow any parties or events. The front door is monitored to ensure the max # reserved onthe reservation
- Shelter Cove is a retirement community and it is important that our guests be respectful with regard to noise. Quiet hours are 10pm to 8am