About the property
- House700 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Mininum Stay7 nights
2 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom, sleeps 4.
Direct ocean front single family home with it's own beach! A few steps down from the new in May 2015, composite 19'x13' deck; to your own sandy beach on the Nantucket Sound! The panoramic ocean view is incredible 24/7. The sunrises and sunsets are absolutely breathtaking. All rooms of the home have ocean views and the views from the deck are simply fabulous. This home was thoughtfully renovated during 2004. The home has Wireless Internet, a gas fireplace, Samsung 46" HD LCD TV in the living room, with a new Samsung DVD/Blue Ray player. Samsung HD LCD TV in master bedroom with a Samsung DVD player, Sony CD/radio in the kitchen, microwave, A/C in living room, full size electric range/oven, large refrigerator, enclosed outside shower. All amenities in the house are new & quality, including the entire kitchen, bathroom, flooring, beds, furniture and appliances, etc. This home is in excellent condition, very well maintained and is kept neat and clean. This wonderful beach home in a great location on Mid Cape can be yours for a very memorable Cape Cod stay!
- Want to enjoy another historical and tourism location in Massachusetts. We have another vacation rental property at downtown Northampton MA. Northampton is known as an academic, artistic, musical, and countercultural hub. and experience downtown living experience. Please check out the details via homeaway.come or VRBO.com (search property ID: 4822382). Or click here:
Marie (Murdock) Couture, Rental Agent
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, * Chinese interpreter upon request
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 16, 2018
About Marie (Murdock) Couture, Rental Agent
We love Cape Cod!
Marie (Murdock) Couture, Rental Agent purchased this House in 2004
Why Marie (Murdock) Couture, Rental Agent chose Dennis Port
We bought this house from a gentleman who had it in his family for about 50 years. They had taken very good care of it and Dennis is a wonderful Mid Cape town. From the day I first drove by the property and then walked through the front door for the very first time and saw the ocean and the setting of the house on the beach - had to have it!
What makes this House unique
Location, location, location.....
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great spot, and a great house!
Year two renting this property. Once again we had a blast. The house, the beach, the location, and the water are the best!!
We are glad to hear of your return trip to The Cape and your enjoyment while at our house. Thank you!
Absolutely amazing location!
Rented for a week in July and lucked out with absolutely perfect weather. I cannot say enough good things about this house! Here are some things you should know --
* Sailing Cow restaurant is in short walking distance and has great Nitro Cold Brew coffee in the morning. They also had a breakfast special during the week that made it a great place to grab a bite in the morning.
* There are a ton of fantastic restaurants very close to the house - so if you're not interested in going very far you're in luck!
* There is a farm stand and convenient store close as well. Stop and Shop is less than 15 minutes away if you plan on doing a shopping run when you get there.
* There aren't any beach chairs at the house so if you enjoy sitting on the beach you should bring your own.
* There are a few sand toys laying around but if you have kids that are into building things in the sand you should bring your own.
* The umbrella for the deck works until there's a breeze - then it seems to just folds inside out. A nice strong umbrella would be a bonus. Also nicer deck chairs would be a plus as well but the ones there do the job.
* There is absolutely no way to keep the sand out of the house - be prepared to sweep a lot. That's just the nature of its incredible location though! :)
* The entertainment system and WiFi was awesome - we unplugged during the day but loved winding down with some TV and Internet.
* The AC is in the main living area only. With the AC and TV on at the same time we kept tripping the breaker every time the refrigerator turned on. Luckily the breeze was constant and we only really wanted to use the AC one day.
* With the windows open the relative humidity and temperature in the house is about 80%/80 degrees. The breeze was amazing so it wasn't a huge issue for us - but I could see how it could be an issue if it was very hot out.
* The bathroom is cramped and the bedrooms are small but functional. We spent most of our time outside so it wasn't an issue!
* There are a lot of places to hang things but not a ton of places to store it all. We just hid it behind some of the living room furniture.
* The living room furniture is much more comfortable than it looks.
* The grill is charcoal so it's kind of a pain to use. We like to cook out on vacation to save some money but didn't do it as much as we normally would.
* Very much a Cape Cod beach house feel with the floor and ceiling wood. Nice decor!
Overall this place is amazing. Enjoy!
Thank you Eric for your review! We are glad you really enjoyed your stay.
10/fabulous! No stress!
We loved the cape cod charm of this water front cottage.it was a perfect location! Warm and cozy feel! It was a perfect family vacation especially with the private beach! Lots of restaurants within walking distance! Clean and comfortable! Thanks so much for sharing your home with us! Hope to rent same weeks next year!
We are very happy you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our house while on Cape Cod!
My wife, myself, and our two kids had the pleasure of staying at this cottage for a week this summer. The location is absolutely perfect. The house was clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed. There were lots of very good restaurants close by. The beach was very nice had plenty of room for the kids to play. We can't wait to go back for another week!!
Our family is very happy to hear that your family really enjoyed Cape Cod while staying at our house! Our little one is on the beach from sun rise to sun set when we are there - hard to get her in! We look forward to having you as guests again.
great place right on the beach!
We really enjoyed our visit in this little cottage. Compared to some other places we've seen on the Cape, it is spacious, and the beach is great. The kids were thrilled by the deck with steps directly into the sand! The public beach next door had bright lights at night, and we felt a wee bit guilty during the day with our own private beach with the throngs next door. We spent a lot of time sweeping sand off the floor, the price you pay for living right on the beach! The outdoor shower was fun, everyone loved it and we probably took half or more of our showers out there. Normally we like to stay somewhere with a washer and dryer, so we did need to make a run to the laundromat. One downside of being right on the ocean is that, if you like to have the ocean breeze with open windows, it is hard to keep things dry. There is a very effective window AC unit, which we resorted to on the last day while cleaning up. We saw many faces of the ocean, with very calm mornings and clear water the first couple days, gusty winds some afternoons, and some storms kicking up good boogie-boarding waves with a lot of seaweed toward the second half of our stay. There are no trees around, it is not as cozy and shady a residential neighborhood as some other areas further up the Cape. But in spite of the rockin' cafe up the street, it was not too noisy at night. (Except for a couple nights with some firecrackers....) Many of the windows' sash mechanisms are broken or disabled, (perhaps intentionally?) so we needed to prop up some windows with a stick, book or other inventive maneuver. Also, it smelled a bit musty when we first came in, especially the bigger bedroom, however, this aired out quickly.
Overall, a fabulous place to stay. We loved our little Cape Cottage and would recommend to others. Great with our kids ages 4 and 10. Thanks so much!
Thank you Holly. I'm so happy you enjoyed yourself. The owner has plans
to replace windows in the future as he replaced the kitchen ones this year.
Marie Murdock, rental agent.
Classic Cape Cod Beach Cottage - Fantastic Location !
Wonderfully maintained and fully featured beach cottage with a great relaxed beach feel. Large great room with large windows facing the water for fresh sea breezes and beautiful views of the waves and surf. Everyone should try being right on the water at least once. It's a fantastic experience. This is a great cottage. Charming; up to date; relaxed, with all the features to be totally comfortable. Even the one day that was cloudy and rainy the cottage offered a great cozy vantage point to watch the waves crash over the rocks and the fog roll along the beach. Get up, make your coffee, step out on the deck and there is Nantucket Sound right at your feet! The south facing deck is warm and sunny! The best. Highly recommended!!
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay.
Our family feels the same way about the ocean experience every time we are there too!
Lovely BEACHFRONT vacation cottage located on Nantucket Sound! The home offers a very relaxing environment for you to enjoy Cape Cod at it's very best. 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, kitchen, livingroom with fireplace, air conditioner, internet access, wonderful ocean views and spacious deck with few steps onto sandy beach.