Nancy's Vacation Rentals
- english, french, spanish
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Great place for multiple generations!
This condo on the bay turned out to be great for a multi-generational vacation. Our daughter and son-in-law and two children joined us for a week, so we appreciated the 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and the garage parking. The broad concrete walk in front of the building was great --we walked a lot, and used the bikes that came with the condo, as well as the scooters that were for available nearby for rent, just for fun, and to travel to Sea World and Belmont Park. San Diego is so close--we spent time at Balboa Park, the New Children's Museum (our grandsons, 7 & 9 loved the rough and tumble room and the Wonder Room), and the USS Midway. We prepared most meals in the condo--the only things we wanted for were better frying pans, a casserole dish, and serving dishes for a crew, but we managed (and left a baking pan we bought).
Thanks for the feedback Rona. We hope your family enjoyed the vacation.
Nancy's Vacation Rentals
Super location, spacious, well-stocked; we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here!
Overall, this was a great space for our family vacation.
- Great location! It was easy to visit Sea World, the zoo, the beach, etc. We loved that the Mission Bay beach was right out our window. It was about a 20 minute walk to the ocean. In addition, we frequented the playground that was just a short walk away down the beach.
- The condo was spacious. We had family and friends over for dinner a couple nights, and there was plenty of room for the kids to play.
- It was well-stocked. There were plenty of towels (both bath towels and beach towels). Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and soap were provided. There was also a hair dryer. Best for us - there was a high chair and a booster seat, as well as some play doh and an art kit (presumably left by previous guests). The sand toys were nice as well.
Negatives (I'm being picky here):
- We emailed ahead of time about an early check-in and called when we arrived. They said it was fine to come early but warned us maintenance workers would probably come while we were there, as the condo was scheduled for a heater repair and some restocking. When we arrived, there was tape blocking the elevator entrance because of wet paint on the floor. The painter said we would have to come back later. We had two small children who needed to nap, and it was mostly dry, so we were able to tiptoe to our door, but it was unfortunate. Also, the heating repairman was friendly, but he commented that he didn't know we would be checking in early. The communication could have been better. In addition, someone came to be sure we had the pack n play we had paid extra money for. I replied that yes it was there (it was in a closet), but I do wonder if it was already there (like the high chair and booster seat), in which case, I wish I wouldn't have paid extra for it.
- The TV was difficult to figure out, although there were posted directions. We still found it complicated.
- Plastic cups would have been nice for kids. In an email, the Nancy's Vacation Rentals staff were receptive to this suggestion.
Again, overall, we were extremely pleased with our stay here and would stay here again.
If you even get the chance to visit San Diego, try to stay here!!! The condo is wonderful and BIG! We loved having the 3 bedrooms. The property was so nice and clean and well-appointed. And we felt so secure (having our 3 Grandkids with us) with having a secure elevator, garage and apartment. We enjoyed the great closet space. We all loved being right on the beach, and enjoyed having a volleyball net there. But most especially, the staff members and the supporting group at Nancy's Vacation Rental were WONDERFUL and so patient with Mimi! Thank you! (Some information notes of interest: Accessing the apartment requires a few steps. The apartment itself has two levels (a couple of steps). I am also concerned that we wasted some electricity, because we couldn't understand how to set the thermostat - should have called!) Overall... WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK! (P.S. Having beach cruiser bikes was great!)
It was wonderful to have you all as our guests! Thank you so much for the kind review, we're very happy you had such a great stay and look forward to having you back with us in the future!
Great home perfect for families by Mission Bay, calm waters. Easy access to highways to get around.
Really enjoyed our stay here, remodeled condo was very comfortable and easy access to mission bay for the kids. Came with all the needed beach supplies. Safe and secure location. Thanks for the great week!
We're so happy you enjoyed your stay! Next time you're in San Diego, don't forget to look us up! Warm Regards, The NVR Team
Everything was exactly as advertised
We really enjoyed everything about this condo. It was exactly as advertised. Plenty of space for four adults and one teen. The condo was clean, very close to the water and in a great location. The beds were comfortable, the condo came abundantly equipped (plenty of dishes, extra towels, beach towels, etc). Other than food, there was nothing we needed to purchase to enjoy our week. The condo also came with 5 bikes, two boogie boards, beach chairs and a beach umbrella. Having central air was a nice bonus. Although the temperatures were always beautiful outside, it was a nice feature to have while sleeping.
We were actually suprised at how close we were to the water. The view from the balcony isn't unobstructed, but it's quite nice.
Our only drawback was another condo owner who apparently likes to randomly take up the parking for this condo. But we contacted Nancy's and they were incredibly responsive. They provided a new place for us to park and assured us they would be addressing it with the neighbors.
Overall I would rate this a great experience. I would not hesitate to rent from Nancy's Vacation Rentals again. They were professional, polite and very responsive to any questions/issues.
Within 5-20 minutes is Sea World, the world famous San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, Old Town with it's excellent Mexican Restaurants, Belmont Park & it's authentic 1920's wooden roller-coaster, Sea Port Village, downtown San Diego's Gas Lamp Quarter, the Convention Center & Petco Park. 30 min to Lego Land, 40 min to The Wild Animal Park and gambling casinos, 75 minutes to the quaint historic gold rush town of Julian, in the mountains, & another 30 minutes beyond that is beautiful Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Even Disneyland & Knotts Berry Farm can be done as a day trip. Mexico is only 25 minutes away. Local activities include Swimming, Snorkeling/Diving, Boating, Sailing, Water-skiing, Surfing, Windsurfing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Shelling, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Biking, Golf, Tennis, Fitness Center, Gym, Miniature Golf, Amusement Parks, Fishing, Wildlife Viewing, Horseback Riding, Shopping, Restaurants, Live Theater, Concerts, Cinemas, Museums, Sightseeing, & Indian Gaming Casinos.
Other Activities: Biking on the boardwalks, walking on the beach or boardwalks, Boating, Mimi-golf, para-sailing, kayaking, seabird estuaries and more!