The "Garden Cottage" is a Quiet Retreat Set up for Sharing - Both Roomy *&* Cozy(27 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-28 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
*RARE IN CAMDEN* ENJOY AN ACRE OF LAWN & GARDENS, AND AN SHORT WALK TO
98 parties of 2+ guests each, from 27 US States and 2 foreign countries during 8 years. Many repeat guests.
Camden . . . "Where the Mountains Meet the Sea"
This cottage is a 15 -- 20 walk to downtown and the inner harbor.
No neighbors, street corners, or busy traffic closely crowd this cottage; open space all around. Restful residential neighborhood. Ample indoor space for privacy and to stretch out and relax.
Big 1,350 sq. ft. "home away from home." Peaceful country setting bordered by an extensive woodland and close to the center of town. Colorful informal gardens feature 50+ different flowering trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals on an acre of land, with woods adjacent.
Owners live next door, and love to give personal recommendations
We have a safe, large lawn where the kids can run about. You can keep an eye on them from the balcony/deck, or just enjoy a cup of coffee there in the morning or your own refreshments in the evening.
Comfortable indoor open floor plan living and dining space.
Two bedrooms and two full bath all on one floor. Privacy for two couples is assured.
Washer and drier is on the living floor, not in the basement.
Second and 3rd bedrooms are great for traveling companions or your visiting guests.
Usual occupancy is 2, 3, or 4. A 5th guest can be accommodated for a small additional set-up fee. (Inquire)
House is 17 years new. Immaculate. We clean extensively between stays, and once a week for extended visits.
Fresh flowers placed on your window sill weekly, or even more often upon request.
No more than 1 mile to Camden's scenic harbor, schooners, shops, restaurants, library, post office, churches.
2 bedrooms and 2 full baths
Same floor washer and drier
Substantial home-like furnishings; comfortable upholstered seating; ample storage.
Casual, roomy. Furnished like a home, not like a motel, hotel, or B&B.
Large, fully equipped kitchen.
Air conditioning by Mother Nature.
Dining room seating for 6
Games, puzzles, videos, lots of Maine and other books and magazines
Getaway room with desk/secretary and daybed
32' dia. Sony flat screen digital TV w/ cable channels and CD/DVD and a VHS player
Well lit entry & deck
Private driveway & secure off-street parking
Outdoor table & chairs, charcoal grill upon request, morning sun on the deck, and the shady the hemlock reading nook for afternoons.
Short drives to busy Camden, cozy Rockport, Mt. Battie State Park with ocean & mountain views, many other parks, lakes for swimming and boating, farmland, a winery, 3 lighthouses, many fine museums, & 25+ art galleries
Our location is central to Portland and the popular Boothbay Harbor region to the southwest and Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park to the northeast.
A wide range of popular local mid-coast attractions and activities are available within every shorter distances.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2008
- 1350 sq. ft.
- Elevator : No elevator, but wheelchair accessible ramp and entry.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
- Usual occupancy is 2 -- 5. The master suite offers a queen sized bed and private bath with shower. Huge closet and two chests of drawers provide plenty of room for clothing, and a small chest-top TV. Large airy windows provide fresh air and cozy views of woods, lawn, and gardens. The second room also has a queen-sized bed & large chest of drawers. Off the hall there is a second full bath with shower. There is a small multipurpose room with a desk, daybed, secretary-desk, and washer/dryer combo. Extra pillows, blankets, portable fans, and bedside clock radios provided. Option: We will provide *complimentary* light housekeeping services on weekends for guests staying two weeks or longer. This includes making the beds with fresh linens; fresh bath towels and wash clothes; cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, and floors....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- There is an economical function hall and large parking area next door that is available by reservation for special occasions like reunions, weddings, receptions, anniversary and birthday parties, etc..The Garden Cottage is a convenient place for preparations and/or overnight accommodations for immediate family or special guests attending an event there. In addition, our lawn & garden area at the cottage is available for small outdoor gatherings by special arrangement. Our grounds are informal and especially colorful late June -- October. ...moreless
- Books For Kids
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Walk on one of Camden's favorite streets -- quiet, tree lined, residential -- to our town cente (shops, restaurants, and harbor) in 15 -- 20 minutes. Many of our guests do enjoy this option everyday...moreless
The tower on the top of Mt. Battie is a notable landmark. It can be visited by auto road in the state park, 10 minutes away. The parking area at the top affords easy access to the tower and Bay views....moreless
Numerous small mountains ring the area . . . Mt. Battie, Mt. Megunticook, etc. etc. Acadia National Park and Cadillac Mountain are a 2 hour drive. Mt. Kineo and Mt. Katahdin in n. Maine are a day trip...moreless
Near The Ocean:
We do not have a water view but are just a few minutes from Rockport & Camden harbors. Lincolnville Beach is a sandy swimming beach 15 minutes away. There are ocean views and scenic walks everywhere!...moreless
We are a small town in a rural area of Maine. There are hills, lakes, Penobscot Bay, farm lands, forests, parks, nature reserves, wineries, numerous hiking trails, and fresh air and sunshine all about...moreless
We are a nice walk to the center of lovely Camden . . . shops and restaurants, the schooner landing, a classic National Landmark library and Olmstead designed park & amphitheatre and the harbor park....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Secure Parking
- Study Room
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
A beautiful public golf course set in gently rolling hills is only 5 minutes away. It offers carts and also has a driving range and practice putting green. Another is just 15 minutes, in Rockland....moreless
Kayak / Canoe:
Canoes & kayaks are available for rent at Maine Sport, a 5 minute drive from the cottage. It has everything you need to enjoy the outdoors, like a mini LL Bean. Access to the lakes and Bay is easy....moreless
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 9 - May 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Sunday
Jun 1 - Sep 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Sunday
Sep 10 - Oct 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Sunday
Nov 1 - May 31, 2018
28 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 9%
WE RENT FOR FULL WEEKS -- 7 NIGHTS, SUNDAY TO SUNDAY.
1. For long term rentals, your total payment can be divided into smaller payments by advance arrangement. Inquire.
2. Any way you pay on line, we pay a credit card processing fee, but you still pay a service fee to HomeAway for using its site (see #4 below).
3. No credit card? No problem: We also accept personal checks
4. HomeAway/VRBO terms: "9. Service Fee Payable by Travelers. We charge a service fee payable by travelers who book a property on the Site via the Site checkout. The service fee covers the use of the Site, including such features as 24/7 user support, and is calculated as a variable percentage of the total reservation amount (which may or may not include additional fees, taxes and damage deposits). Depending on the laws of the jurisdiction of the traveler and/or member, VAT may be charged on top of the service fee. The exact service fee (and any VAT, if applicable) charged will be displayed to travelers at the time of booking. The service fee plus applicable VAT will be charged after both the traveler and member accept the reservation. The service fee will only be refunded in the event a member accepts cancellation of the traveler’s reservation and refunds the entire rental amount. Any taxes alleged to be owed by any taxing authority on the service fee are the responsibility of HomeAway and members have no responsibility for any such claimed tax liability. Members agree not to encourage or advise a traveler to avoid or circumvent the service fee charged by HomeAway.
5. Day Bed Fee. There are two Queens and a day bed in the cottage, each in a separate room. The standard rates listed are for one and two beds. A third bed is available at an additional fee, as follows: + $70 + 9% tax for any week during which he day bed will be occupied for a night or more.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Don't see the information you need here? Call (207) 236-6468 and we'll be happy to answer your questions. Our rental week is Sunday pm to Sunday am, except by special arrangement. Sleeps 4. A queen-size bed in 2 separate rooms. Daybed in a 3rd room available at additional $100/week or part thereof. Ideal for two couples or a couple and one or two singles. Our 'Garden Cottage' is larger than it looks in the photos. We are not on the water or have a water view, but you'll save a bundle of dough and can walk to Camden Harbor or drive to Rockport Harbor in a few minutes. Camden is famous for its schooners and boating excursions. Within short drives are Rockport harbor, Mt. Battie State Park (miles of trails and fantastic view of Penobscot Bay), Megunticook Lake (fishing, boating, and swimming), Sail, Steam and Power Museum, Strand Theater, Owls Head Transportation Museum & Farnsworth Art Museum (Rockland), Center for Maine Contemporary Art (Rockport), shops, restaurants, galleries, Penobscot Marine Museum (Searsport), lighthouses, dozens of restaurants and unique shops, private nature sanctuaries, playgrounds and parks, and public golf courses. The Camden Opera House and Rockport Opera House host classical music and popular concerts, musicals, and other shows. The family-friendly Snow Bowl (Camden), with tobogganing, skiing, and snowboarding is just down the road. Kayak, canoe, bicycle rentals and outdoor recreational supplies of all types are readily available to buy or rent at nearby store Maine Sport.The Camden Public Library and Olmstead-designed amphitheater are a must see.
Other Activities: Center for Furniture Craftsmanship, Maine Media Workshop offer courses to the public year 'round.
Golf: Megunticook Golf Course / driving range is 5 minutes.
Rockland Golf Course is 15 minutes. Samoset Resort golf course 15 minutes away.
Ski: Camden Snow Bowl is 10 minuntes.
Sugarloaf is 2 hours.
Acadia National Park is 2 hours; a long day trip will take you there and back with time to see the sights.
Year Purchased: 1989
About the owner: We moved to this beautiful acre 26 years ago and have spent all the years since developing its gardens and landscape for beauty and enjoyment. We live right next door to the house/cottage (but conveniently out of sight), and this is our only vacation rental. We think of all visitors as our special guests.
Why the Owner Chose Camden, Camden, ME, USA:
Our place, while in-town, is peaceful and quiet. It is uniquely bordered by a seldom used meeting hall, our lawn and gardens, and a large woodland. Set well back from the street at the end of its own driveway, visitors to the cottage enjoy more than an acre of quiet gardens and solitude, yet are still close enough to town and harbor in 15 - 20 minutes.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Perfect for two couples to share. One-floor living, two full bathrooms, extra wide doorways, strategitically placed grab rails, entrance ramp, close-in parking all make this a great place for elders or impaired. A great place for recuperation, recovery, or just plain rest.
- Primary: +1 2072366468 House landline (8am--8pm eastern)
- Secondary: +1 2072309856 Paula's i-phone (8am--8pm eastern)
- Tertiary: +1 2073900759 David's tracfone (8am--8pm eastern)
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
"Sunset" Bedroom w/ Queen. Light, airy; lawn & woodland buffer outside.
Fully equipped kitchen
Cozy"Garden View" Room. Day bed for a 5th guest or get away + desk/bureau.
"Woodland" Bedroom : cushy Queen, ensuite bath, huge closets, lots of drawers.
Front of cottage. White birches. Lupines and roses in abundance.
Just outside your window in October
From our garden, we pick fresh flowers in season just for you.
One of two entries to the cottage.
Nestled behind a small garage, you'll privacy and lots of peace and quiet.
The cottage surrounded by gardens, woods, and lawn.
A shady spot to read a good book
Flowering shrubs and flowers at the cottage door.
Upholstered seating for 5+. Not shown: new 32' flat screen digital TV.
On entering, find spacious, bright, open floor plan. Dining table seats 4 to 8
Comfortable seating throughout. Lots of games and good books provided
Two *full* bathrooms -- clean as a whistle -- both wilh shower / tubs
Roses galore just outside your door in June.
A Hidden Garden at Your Entry
Autumn at the Garden Cottage. Lots of color!
The cottage is surrounded by flowering perennials and shrubs.
Pearl St. is on the left side; your private driveway is in the background, L-R.
Sunrise deck overlooking roses and expansive lawn. 4 comfortable chairs
An island garden bed in between woods and lawn
Lots of green and lots of color May through October!
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.