Short Walk to Nauset Beach Over Scenic Bridge and Dunes - Aircond. in Bedrooms(1 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 Bedrooms, 2 full Bathrooms (Sleeps 6, 3 permitted parking spaces)
plus most of September up to Thanksgiving at much lower shoulder season rates.
Yes, we have WiFi and air conditioned bedrooms!
This beautiful contemporary Cape is of old time post and beam construction. It is only a short ten minute walk to the beach. On your way you will pass over a scenic foot bridge spanning a tidal
stream and walk over the dunes to Nauset Beach on the Atlantic. The house is located in the Pochet Property Owners Association, an exclusive neighborhood with gravel roads and deeded rights to the beach. The house features a cathedral ceiling living room, a loft which leads to the two upstairs bedrooms, bath and deck. There is a screened-in porch and all bedrooms have silent wall-mounted remote controlled air conditioners. High speed internet and WiFi are also available.
Should the ocean be a little intimidating to your infant you may want to visit either of two beautiful fresh water ponds only 10 minutes away off Monument Road. We have plenty of toys.
Other Features: * COMMUNICATION
- Comcast provides high-speed internet, cable TV and unlimited domestic telephone service. WiFi allows you to set up your lap-top and access the internet anywhere in the house.
- The downstairs deck is spacious and furnished with a picnic table (incl. sun umbrella), benches, chaises and arm chairs.
- The upstairs deck is of mahogany construction and offers a breathtaking view of the ocean.
Contains stocked pantry and all major and minor appliances, including a fast heating electric flat top stove.
* LIVING ROOM
A cathedral ceiling, bow window, post and beam construction and wide oak floor boards are featured in this most comfortable room.
In this cozy den you will want to watch your favorite programs on TV or DVD.
*OUTDOOR SHOWER STALL
Hot and cold water outdoor shower stall.
Why the Owner Chose Orleans: We chose this as our vacation home because of its proximity to the ocean and its location in an association which offers the privacy we value. Also high on our list were the many recreational opportunities such as surfing, fishing, tennis, hiking, biking, etc. Moreover, the many cultural activities on the Cape,such as the Cape Cod Symphony, year-round theatre, fine galleries, the Nauset National Sea Shore Center (with its museum and film of the 14,000 years formation of the Cape) in Eastham and the Cape Cod Summer Baseball League were strong drawing points.
Unique Benefits of our location: Although very private and close to the beach we also do enjoy the fact that we are only a few minutes' drive from town with all of its amenities.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2008
- 2600 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 6
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Renters provide their own linens and towels. (Pillows, blankets, mattress covers and bed spreads are provided). Should you find it inconvenient to provide your own linens, etc. there are listed below two linen rental services from which you may wish to choose: Cape Cod Linen Rental, 800-559-5105 The Furies Linen Rental. 508-349-1141 They also have websites from which you can order on line: www.cclinens.com and www.thefuries.com Master Bedroom: This is a large bright room where to relax in and to read, as it has windows on three sides. The King Size bed is flanked by lamps and night tables with a telephone on one and a clock radio on the other. There is also a large TV. Upstairs Guest Bedrooms: Enjoy fabulous ocean views from these two upstairs rooms. The larger room has a dressing table and contains two twin beds plus a trundle bed which makes into two twins. There are also two twins in the smaller room. Both rooms have closets....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Den, screened-in porch, 2 ceiling fans, answering machine, wooded yard, large lawn area, deck and porch furniture, outdoor shower (cold ), kitchen also has: food processor, blender, toaster oven, lobster pot, two 'Pack 'n Plays' and bassinet for infants at bottom of cellar stairs. Air Conditioning: All three bedrooms have silent remote controlled wall mounted air conditioners. Parking for RV/Boat/Trailer. Cable TV (2) : One new flat screen TV in den and one large TV in master bedroom. Deck/Patio (2) : Spacious deck w/ picnic table, benches, chaises and arm chairs downstairs and a smaller deck w/ chaise upstairs. Lanai: Screened-in porch with seating for six. Ocean view from upstairs rooms and upstairs deck. Free Long Distance: Free calls nation-wide by Comcast. Kid Friendly: Large yard. We have beach chairs, and for children a booster chair, two Pack 'n Plays and lots of beach toys with a wagon in which to tote them to the beach....moreless
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linen Rental Possible
- Linens Provided:
- Living Area
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Stove:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Beach Chairs
- Deck / Patio:
- Deck Furniture
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill:
- Porch / Veranda:
- Porch Furniture
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 24 - Jul 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 2 - Sep 8, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 9 - Nov 17, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Taxes Not included
These rates are as stated above, Therefore, you can disregard the rates the website shows on page one.
For 2017 I send contracts out in mid-November, and 50% of the rent will be due by check on December 1 together with the signed contract. The remainder plus a $400.00 damage deposit will be due on May 1 for June and July renters and on June 1 for renters for the rest of the season.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Fine dining, summer theatre, tennis courts, miniature golf and golf courses await you for your enjoyment in Orleans and adjoining towns. Hiking trails can be found not only on Pochet Island within walking distance just south of of our house but also at Fort Hill, Nickerson Park and many other locations. For smaller children Orleans offers nearby fresh water ponds where toddlers can romp on serene sandy beaches. A 'must see' - and perhaps reserved for a bit of fun on a rainy day - are the Museum of Natural History in Brewster and the Nauset National Sea Shore Visitors Centre in Eastham on Rte. 6. Besides its museum the Centre shows a fascinating film of the 14,000 year formation of Cape Cod since the ice age. Only 35 miles away and at the tip of the Cape is scenic and historic Provincetown renowned for whale watching, fishing, shopping and dining.
Other Activities: Boating, Miniature golf, Kayaking, Shopping, Shelling
Year Purchased: 1986
About the owner: Retired from career in international banking focused on Latin America and Europe. Arrived in the US in 1949 as an exchange student from Hanover, Germany, to attend the Hamden Hall Country Day School in CT. Received my BA from The Principia College in Illinois and an MA at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies in Wash., D.C. We now live in Hingham, MA where I am active in several fraternal, civic and humanitarian service organizations, incl. Rotary and Habitat for Humanity. My wife, Judy, is an artist working in the impressionist style. Her award winning work can be found at www.judithmehringartist.com. Besides English we speak German and Spanish.
Why the Owner Chose East Orleans, Orleans, MA, USA:
Proximity to Nauset Beach, privacy to relax, hiking opportunities such as Pochet Island to the south of us with rewarding view of Pleasant Bay at end of trail .
The Unique Benefits at this House:
A glorious vacation at a reasonable price, walk to beach. Broad ocean view from upper floor windows and deck.
- Primary: ++1 (781) 740-9017 (Massachusetts, USA) Massachusetts, USA
- Secondary: ++1 (617) 538-6299 Mobile Mobile
Links to more information:
Full View of House
Cathedral Ceiling Living Room
Den for viewing TV, DVD and VCR
Upstairs Bedroom #1
Short Walk to Nauset Beach
Upstairs Bedroom #2
Bridge over Tidal Stream
Atlantic Ocean -- Nauset Beach.
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Monday, March 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.