Charming 18th Century Country Home with Pool & Beautiful View of the Luberon!(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Chateau / Country House, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5+ Baths, (Sleeps 8)
Located in a small hamlet, L’Etoile means: “The Star” – and you’ll see why at night when thousands of stars blanket the night sky!
L'Eotile sits on over an acre of land with stunning views of the surrounding Luberon valley and the hill top village of Roussillon.
The property is very well positioned, facing south overlooking the valley, olive groves, orchards and vineyards and just a short drive to all of the famous hilltop villages of Provence.
The three story house has been recently renovated by one of the best renovation masters in Provence. It’s perfect for up to 8 people and a great setup for two families.
One of the best features of the house is the large pool and summer kitchen, with gorgeous views of the gardens, the olive groves, vineyards and the village of Roussillon.
Here’s what’s included.
- Front Terrace – Just off the main entrance, the front terrace is perfect for morning coffee and croissant, afternoon tea or to savor some of the great, local wine
- Cozy Salon – A relaxed room with a stone fireplace and an old, beamed ceiling, complete with CD player/stereo and portable (battery charged) Bose iPod docking station to enjoy inside the house or down by the pool.
- Intimate Dining Room – Perfect for dining in with an antique table that seats up to 8 people and has a view to the stone fireplace in the salon
- Provencal Kitchen – Fully stocked and recently renovated kitchen with vaulted ceiling, perfect for cooking great Provencal meals with fresh ingredients from the local markets
- Laundry Room – Outfitted with brand new, full-size washer and dryer
- Powder Room – Just between the kitchen and laundry room
- Master Bedroom – A very large master bedroom with king size bed, beautiful old, wood beamed ceiling and a large sitting room with game table, a desk, plenty of seating and spectacular views across the property and the village of Roussillon
- 2nd Bedroom – Includes two twin sized (single) beds, full of light and with the same spectacular views as the master bedroom
- Full Bath – Newly renovated, Provencal style bath with full-sized bathtub with shower
- Large Bedroom – A large, top-floor bedroom with a king size bed, wood beamed ceiling and a fantastic view across the entire property and the village of Roussillon
- 4th Bedroom – Also includes two twin sized (single) beds, beautiful wood beamed ceiling and the same great views
- Full Bath – Newly renovated, Provencal style bath with full-sized bathtub with shower
Summer Kitchen and Pool:
One of the best parts of L’Etoile, there is an additional stone house that serves as the pool house and summer kitchen. The cozy kitchen is fully equipped with refrigerator, dishwasher and all the cookware and dinnerware to serve a party of 10.
There is an open fireplace for cooking and a two burner gas stove. There is also a half bath inside the building and a private outdoor shower area with hot and cold water that you will love to use.
The beautiful building opens fully on to the large pool and gardens in the summer. The gardens are very secluded and are full of lavender bushes, roses, herbs, fruit trees, and seasonal blooming varieties which are all surrounded by a grove of olive trees that create a wonderful afternoon shade and privacy.
There are plenty of places to lounge by the pool or read and nap in the shade of the trees. At night, the sky is completely taken over by the constellations. It is amazing to view the nighttime sky in such a beautiful natural setting. We frequently marvel at the many shooting stars!
In the summertime you can cook and enjoy your meals in the summer kitchen by the pool. When the nights are cooler, light the fireplace and enjoy your meals inside by the fire.
The weekly rental price includes 3 hours of house cleaning per week. Also, free Wi-Fi and free calls to France and the US are included.
Book your vacation now at L’Etoile. Check our calendar below and reserve your dream vacation in the heart of Provence!
Keywords: Luberon Provence Vacation Holiday Rental Home - Between Roussillon & Gordes...2 of the Most Beautiful Villages in France - Child/Kid Friendly
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
The house is perfect for kids. There are two bedrooms with two twin/single beds in each room. There is a pool, a pool house and a large area to run and play, as well as hiking trails behind the house....moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (1) We have two bedrooms with new king size beds, Twin or Single Beds (1) We have two bedrooms with two twin/single beds in each bedroom., Child Beds (1) We have a new pack and play available for your convenience, Baby Cribs (1) We have a new pack and play available for your convenience...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- CD Player
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Covered Parking:
- Free Long Distance:
- Linens Provided:
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Taxes Not included
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We love Provence and we love this old country house. It's the perfect place for our vacations with our friends and families. It's perfectly situated between Roussillon and Gordes so we have the best of both worlds. We can easily access village life and markets within minutes and then easily return to the peace and quiet of the Luberon countryside. We have 3 children of our own - they love L'Eotile - so the house is perfect for kids of all ages.
Why the Owner Chose Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt, France:
We love this area. It's home to us and our children. We have been vacationing in this area of Provence for about 14 years. For us, this is the perfect location between Gordes & Roussillon, two of the most beautiful hilltop villages in Provence. We're close enough to the town to get our daily baguette and croissants. But we're far enough to enjoy the peace and quiet of the country side, hear the birds sing and see thousands of stars at night. Plus, we are a short drive from many of the things we love: antique shopping at L'isle sur la Sorgue, spending a day in Lourmarin or Avignon, or a short drive to the French Riviera. But mostly, we love the people here. Everyone here is so nice and helpful.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
In the summertime, we love spending the day outside by the pool. The pool is surrounded by a nice olive grove and some lavender and roses and the kids love it (so do the adults!). We have a pool house with a fully stocked kitchen, a large fireplace and plenty of seating. So, most days, we have lunch and dinner out by the pool. And, because it's a fully outfitted kitchen, we don't have to haul food, cookware and dishes back and forth to the main house. Everything is right there in the Summer Kitchen. In the cooler months, we have dinner inside across from a big, roaring fire. It's very cozy and quiet in the winter months. Perfect place to unwind. During the day, we usually go to one of the many, famous Provencal markets in the surrounding towns - all about 10-15 minutes away. There are plenty of places to shop and buy antiques. There are about a dozen or so vineyards within 10 km from the house, and about 2-3 just down the road. There's no shortage of hiking trails and national parks. In fact, there's a great hiking trail right behind our house that leads up to the top of the hill overlooking Lioux and the great big stone wall. It's breathtaking to see that view from the top of the mountain and only about a 10 minute hike.
- Primary: +1 832-723-3622
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Rose Covered Entrance - Roussillon Luberon Provence Vacation Holiday Home & Pool
Cozy Evenings by the Fire - Roussillon Vacation Holiday Rental Luberon Provence
Sitting Room in Large Master Bedroom and Great View Over Valley and Olive Groves
All Bathrooms Recently Remodeled in Quaint Provencal Style With Shower and Bath
Top Floor Bedroom with 2 Twin Beds - Perfect for Families or Friends
Provencal Kitchen with Ancient Vaulted Ceiling Recently Updated & New Appliances
Summer Kitchen Fireplace - Great for Cozy Dinners by the Fire at Night
Dinner on the Terrace with Family and Friends and Thousands of Stars!
Cozy & Quaint Salon - Roussillon Luberon Provence Vacation Holiday Home & Pool
Large Master Bedroom with King Size Bed & Great Views of the Luberon
Very Cute Twin Bedroom on Second Floor with a Great View of Roussillon
Top Floor Bedroom with King Size Bed and Great View of the Valley and Roussillon
Cozy Dining Room - Perfect for Coffee and Crossaints from the Village Baker
Large Pool Surrounded by Olive Groves with View of Roussillon on the Hill
And the Fully Outfitted Summer Kitchen Makes It Easy to Enjoy Dining Outdoors
This is the View of the Luberon from All 4 Bedrooms in the House!
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Thursday, January 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.