Lakefront Mountain House with Lovely Interior, Wifi, Big Deck(21 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms + Office, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6-7)
SPECIAL: Summer 2017: rent 7 days, get $100 off.
Your pets are w e l c o m e. No pet fees and no pet deposits.
Questions? Call Tim at 720-530-5827.
This is a family vacation home furnished with fine American, English, and French antiques.
We're on the shores of a small mountain lake in the Pike National Forest Area -- 45 minutes from Colorado Springs and 1.5 hours from Denver. This is the 'real Colorado,' not the 'tourist Colorado.'
We like to tell our friends that we're 'kind of in the middle of nowhere' but the spot is actually quite accessible -- 14 miles from stores and restaurants.
Getting to the Mountain House with a passenger car is easy. You do not need 4-wheel drive. Well-maintained roads are available all year round with the last 1.5 miles on an unpaved road.
Full kitchen, washer & drier, Direct TV, Wi-fi.
There are Fire and EMT services close.
The location is private, rural, quiet. Altitude is manageable at 7500 feet. Our neighbors are about 70% full time residents and about 30% vacation home part-timers. They all value their privacy and this quiet, exclusive location.
We're half way between Woodland Park, Colorado and Deckers, Colorado. (The official address places this house in Sedalia, Colorado which is utterly confusing -- the house is not near the city of Sedalia.)
- Hike, bike, relax
- Get cozy around the gas fireplace
- Chill on the stone patio with steps leading into the National Forest
- We have a big hammock that you can place in sun or shade on one of the decks
- Break out our croquet set and set up a course on the hillside; hilarity will occur
- swing on the swing hanging from the tree (providing you are kid-sized)
The area is rich with leisure activities. You have everything you can imagine that people do in the Rocky Mountains (except for downhill skiing and quality white water rafting -- both of these are a good 90 minutes away.)
- Hundreds of stores and restaurants within a one hour drive
- The Garden of the Gods
- Ski at Breckinridge (this is a drive!)
- Gambling at the historic mining town of Cripple Creek
- A Scenic (somewhat obscure) Day Trip that We Love: drive to Mount Princeton Hot Springs near Buena Vista and enjoy a late breakfast at Bongo Billy's in Buena Vista
- World class fishing on the Platte River
- Family-friendly fishing within 8 miles
- Mountain bike trails
- Cross-country skiing
- Pikes Peak and the famous cog railway
- Air Force Academy
- Florissant Fossil Beds
- Manitou Springs
The house and the 2 acre lot literally backs up to the National Forest. There is a ridiculous amount of deck space and a large gas grill.
The interior is rustically elegant and comfy. The antiques are, for the most part, from the 1800's and 1900's with some older pieces as well.
The master bedroom is large with a king bed and its own bathroom. The other bedrooms are functional and attractive. Like the rest of the house, they're lovingly but not fussingly furnished in antiques.
1 bedroom w/King, 1 bedroom w/Full, 1 bedroom w/2 twins. There is an under-sized couch in the office that can, hypothetically, sleep a child.
Kids & pets welcome.
You are advised that there are breakables in the house.
A basic DirecTV package. HD. One small tv. DVD player (no Blu-ray.) We have a phone. We have internet access with Wi-Fi. Your cell phones will work only now and then in this part of the world. Please note that the DirecTV is turned off from about January 5 through about mid-April.
*Short-term renters (like you) are prohibited from swimming, boating, or fishing on the lake next to the house* Non-negotiable. The rule is strictly enforced. There are, of course, all sorts of recreational activities in the area, including swimming, boating, and fishing.
Standard check-in time is 3:00 & standard checkout time is 11:00. We're happy to accommodate different times if you need them -- just set this up in advance.
Handicapped access info... The house is on a hill in the mountains. Once you are inside the house, everything is all one level. However, entering the house requires you to walk up stairs and steps that are roughly the height of one story. Some of these steps have handrails. Some do not. There are several ways into the house, all of which require some stepping without handrails and/or moving on unimproved ground and/or stepping on steps that are rocks or railroad ties. (Take a look at the picture which shows the house in profile. This gives you a very good picture. You can see the stairs with handrails up to the porch.) If it is night, you will be traveling into the house when it is dark.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where are you?
Google maps it. Search for Westcreek, Colorado and you'll see that we are in the Pike National Forest area between Deckers and Woodland Park. For a more detailed look, search on Google maps for 14964 N Pine Lake Dr, Sedalia, CO 80135. If you zoom in and choose 'satellite' you can see the lake; we're near the north end of the lake on the eastern shore near the spillway.
2. Where is the nearest store?
Woodland Park has real stores, including a supermarket. Deckers (north of the house) is closer and has a bait shop. Like we said, this is the real Colorado not the tourist Colorado!
3. Is there a security deposit?
4. Is there a contract?
5. Where can we fish?
Manitou Lake in Manitou Lake Park (7 miles away), Cheesman Reservoir aka Cheesman Lake (15 miles away), or, for serious fly fishing, the South Platte River (multiple sites.)
6. Is this house within driving distance of the Bucksnort?
Yes. 38 miles.
7. What fees or taxes are charged?
There's an $100 cleaning fee for each rental.
8. Check in is when? Check out is when? Can I get an early check in or a late checkout?
Our standard check-in time is 3:00 and our standard checkout time is 11:00. We're happy to accommodate different times if you need them -- just set this up in advance. We'll give you crazy check-in times if you want them like 1:00 am or late check-out or whatever. Obviously, in the summer, the schedule is tight. When it isn't summer, we have a lot more flexibility.
9. Dogs ok? Cats ok?
10. What's up with the prohibition on lake access? This is an exclusive, private lake in a part of Colorado that has very few bodies of water. The lake is an important part of the aquiver serving Colorado Springs and, as such, has many rules and regulations attendant to it.
11. What is the story with the VRBO and/or HomeAway App?
We do not use this app. You will find no information from us on this app. This app will not provide you with driving directions. This app will not tell you where to find a key.
You may receive boilerplate communications from VRBO and/or Homeway referring you to this app. Ignore such communications.
We provide all of our info via email or (to a lesser extent) via phone. And we are always happy to answer your questions.
It isn't that we hate technology... The house gets no cellphone reception. Which means that some renters will, obviously, be accessing driving instructions via this app on their phones as they travel to the house and, well, you get the idea. That would be a problem,.
12. What's your favorite hike? If you situate yourself well in this area, you can look out over miles of wilderness -- land appearing exactly as it did 500 years ago. We strongly recommend tramping around the lake. You'll see a variety of wildlife, including an abundance of local and migratory birds.
13. Where is the nearest hospital? Before you arrive we'll send you a handout that includes all sorts of emergency info. The nearest hospital is Pikes Peak Regional Hospital and Surgery Center, just S of Woodland Park CO. 16420 West Highway 24, Woodland Park, CO 80863, (719) 687-9999.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Call or text us any time!
Member since: 2009
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
- King size beds (1), Double Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Bottled Water
- Broadband Access
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Free Long Distance
- Gas Fireplace
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 9 - May 18, 2017
3 night min stay
May 19 - Sep 4, 2017
3 night min stay
Sep 5 - May 24, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $120
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
the view from the house
lots of deck space
here you can see the one close neighboring house
steps leading up to the forest
nearest real grocery store is in Woodland Park CO
fly fishing on the South Platte river
beaver dam in some wetlands about half a mile away
the living room
the dining room
view from the (kid-sized) tree swing
most of Deckers CO, the nearest "town"
winter is often bright and dry...we rent 12 months a year
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.