Lakefront Mountain House with Lovely Interior and Wifi. Available 12 months a year.
SUMMER SPECIAL: 2018 or 2019: rent 7 days, get $100 off!
This is a family vacation home furnished with fine American, English, and French antiques. And some basic furnishings, too.
On the shores of a small, private mountain lake in the Pike National Forest Area -- 45 minutes from Colorado Springs and 1.5 hours from Denver. This is the 'real Colorado,' not the 'tourist Colorado.' (The house actually borders a National Forest. The lake is to the west; miles and miles of National Forest to the east.)
We like to tell our friends that we're 'kind of in the middle of nowhere' but the spot is actually quite accessible -- 14 miles from stores and restaurants.
RENTING DETAILS... Our rates are pretty reasonable (for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house.) There is a $125 cleaning fee. No taxes! No deposit! No pet fees! Three night minimum for rentals.
Your pets are w e l c o m e.
Is the kitchen fancy? No. It is adequatey-stocked, spacious, and basic. Electric stove top, no disposal, no dishwasher. Lots of cabinet space.
Questions? Call Tim at 720-530-5827.
Getting to the Mountain House with a passenger car is easy. You do not need 4-wheel drive. Well-maintained roads are available all year round with the last 1.5 miles on an unpaved road.
Full kitchen, washer & drier, Direct TV, Wi-fi.
There are Fire and EMT services close.
The location is private, rural, quiet. Altitude is manageable at 7500 feet. Our neighbors are about 70% full time residents and about 30% vacation home part-timers. They all value their privacy and this quiet, exclusive location.
We're about half way between Woodland Park, Colorado and Deckers, Colorado. (The official address places this house in Sedalia, Colorado which is utterly confusing -- the house is not near the city of Sedalia. Not even close to Sedalia.)
- Hike, bike, relax
- Get cozy around the gas fireplace
- Chill on the stone patio with steps leading into the National Forest
- We have a big hammock that you can place in sun or shade on one of the decks
- Break out our croquet set and set up a course on the hillside; hilarity will occur
- swing on the swing hanging from the tree (providing you are kid-sized)
The area is rich with leisure activities. You have everything you can imagine that people do in the Rocky Mountains (except for downhill skiing and quality white water rafting -- both of these are a good 90 minutes away.)
- Hundreds of stores and restaurants within a one hour drive
- The Garden of the Gods
- Ski at Breckinridge (this is a drive!)
- Gambling at the historic mining town of Cripple Creek
- A Scenic (somewhat obscure) Day Trip that We Love: drive to Mount Princeton Hot Springs near Buena Vista.
- World class fishing on the Platte River
- Family-friendly fishing within 8 miles
- Mountain bike trails
- Cross-country skiing
- Pikes Peak
- Air Force Academy
- Florissant Fossil Beds
- Manitou Springs
There is a ridiculous amount of deck space and a gas grill.
The interior is rustically elegant and comfy. The antiques are, for the most part, from the 1800's and 1900's with some older pieces as well.
The master bedroom is large with a king bed. The other bedrooms are functional and attractive. Like the rest of the house, they're lovingly but not fussingly furnished in antiques.
1 bedroom w/King, 1 bedroom w/Full, 1 bedroom w/2 twins.
Kids & pets welcome. BRING YOUR PETS!
You are advised that there are breakables in the house.
A basic DirecTV package. HD. One small tv. DVD player (no Blu-ray.) We have a phone. We have internet access with Wi-Fi. Your cell phones will work only now and then in this part of the world. Please note that the DirecTV is turned off from about January 5 through about mid-April.
*Short-term renters (like you) are prohibited from swimming, boating, or fishing on the lake next to the house* Non-negotiable. The rule is strictly enforced. There are, of course, all sorts of recreational activities in the area, including swimming, boating, and fishing.
Standard check-in time is 3:00 & standard checkout time is 11:00. We're happy to accommodate different times if you need them -- just set this up in advance.
Handicapped access info... The house is on a hill in the mountains. Once you are inside the house, everything is all one level. However, entering the house requires you to walk up stairs and steps that are roughly the height of one story. Some of these steps have handrails. Some do not. There are several ways into the house, all of which require some stepping without handrails and/or moving on unimproved ground and/or stepping on steps that are rocks or railroad ties. Because this house is on a hill in the mountains, there will almost certainly be plants or dirt or stones or roots underfoot. If it is night, you will be traveling into the house when it is dark.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where are you?
Google maps it. Search for Westcreek, Colorado and you'll see that we are in the Pike National Forest area between Deckers and Woodland Park. For a more detailed look, search on Google maps for 14964 N Pine Lake Dr, Sedalia, CO 80135. If you zoom in and choose 'satellite' you can see the lake; we're near the north end of the lake on the eastern shore near the spillway.
2. Where is the nearest store?
Woodland Park has real stores, including a supermarket. Deckers (north of the house) is closer, It has a bait shop. Like we said, this is real Colorado not tourist Colorado!
3. Is there a security deposit?
4. Is there a contract?
5. Where can we fish?
Manitou Lake in Manitou Lake Park (7 miles away), Cheesman Reservoir aka Cheesman Lake (15 miles away), or, for serious fly fishing, the South Platte River (multiple sites.)
6. Is this house within driving distance of the Bucksnort?
Yes. 38 miles.
8. Check in is when? Check out is when? Can I get an early check in or a late checkout?
Our standard check-in time is 3:00 and our standard checkout time is 11:00. We're happy to accommodate different times if you need them. We'll give you crazy check-in times if you want them like 1:00 am or late check-out or whatever. Obviously, in the summer, the schedule is tight. When it isn't summer, we have a lot more flexibility.
9. Dogs ok? Cats ok?
10. What's up with the prohibition on lake access? This is an exclusive, private lake in a part of Colorado that has very few bodies of water. The lake is an important part of the aquiver serving Colorado Springs and, as such, has many rules and regulations attendant to it.
11. What is the story with the VRBO and/or HomeAway App?
We do not use this app. You will find no information from us on this app. This app will not provide you with driving directions. This app will not tell you where to find a key.
You may receive boilerplate communications from VRBO and/or Homeway referring you to this app. We think this app might be called the Hospitality Manager. Ignore such communications.
We provide all of our info via email or (to a lesser extent) via text. And we are always happy to answer your questions.
It isn't that we hate technology... The house gets no cellphone reception. Which means that some renters will, obviously, be accessing driving instructions via this app on their phones as they travel to the house and, well, you get the idea. That would be a problem.
12. What's your favorite hike? If you situate yourself well in this area, you can look out over miles of wilderness -- land appearing exactly as it did 500 years ago. We strongly recommend tramping around the lake. You'll see a variety of wildlife, including an abundance of local and migratory birds.
13. Where is the nearest hospital? Before you arrive we'll send you a handout that includes all sorts of emergency info. The nearest hospital is Pikes Peak Regional Hospital and Surgery Center, just S of "downtown" Woodland Park CO. 16420 West Highway 24, Woodland Park, CO 80863, (719) 687-9999.