Casa da Luz is located in a side road of village Cedros, by that rural quietness is ensured. None the less, due to the central position on the island, it is a perfect starting point for numerous activities.
Right after breakfast in the large and sunny garden, idyllically surrounded by beautiful nature, plenty of adventures wait to be explored. Later that day you can recap the highlights during a BBQ at the private fireplace. On a lazy day the large lawn invites to a sunbath. One thing is for sure: you will enjoy a breathtaking ocean view, idyllically surrounded by wonderful nature at all times.
The large house itself offers a lot of space, even for larger groups up to 8 persons. Traditional Azorean architecture combines with bright, open and modern inviting living atmosphere.
The open kitchen (gas stove, dish washer, micro wave, fridge-freezer …) builds the center place of the house together with the XXL dining area (rustic dining table for 12 persons), a perfect place for mutual cooking, dining, family games, relaxing or planning the coming activities.
The bathroom really offers a lot of space too and is fully equipped with shower, corner bathtub, modern washing machine, toilet and bidet. Fresh towels are given.
2 bedrooms offer the privacy your desire. The master bedroom in the upper floor has a king size bed and, upon request, an extra bed and also a baby travel-crib. You will wake up with a breath-taking ocean view. The second bedroom is in the ground floor. The 2 single beds and a sleeping couch can also be reached by a separate entrance from outside. An additional sleeping couch is in the living room, which allows a total of 8 sleeps.
The living area offers TV, Music and a wide choice of books, music CDs and DVDs. Additionally we have pens, paper and games especially for the little ones. For babys we can offer a simple stroller and a baby travel crib upon request. For the teenager inevitable: high-speed internet. By the way, all daily baby articles can be found in the supermarkets on the island.
Enough parking space in front of the house. The whole area is sheltered by a bamboo hedge which ensures privacy. Please let us know if you have any further wishes, we try to help as good as we can.
Tino will welcome you upon arrival, hand over the keys and explain everything in detail so you feel at home right away. As the direct neighbor he will be there for you during your stay and with over 20 years of experience of living on the Azores he certainly has a lot of insider info. You will get our phone numbers where we will be available during your stay, and especially in case you need help. We speak English, German and Portuguese.
Please inform about exact arrival time minimum one day before arrival. This helps us to prepare the house perfectly and be there for you at the house upon your arrival.
- We recommend a rental car, everything on the island is in reach within 30 minutes
- Public transport available 3 times per day, bus stop 2 minutes per foot away from the house
- We are pleased to prepare a baby travel crib and a stroller upon request
- Tipps and recommendations about the island and activities
- Contact to horse riding and whale watching, simply ask us
- Long time guests are welcome (+1 month), please ask for special rates
- Please treat the house, everything in it and the garden with respect
- Things can break, please inform us in this case to avoid unpleasant surprises for the next guests or ourselves
- Please inform us in case things do not work properly, which also can happen. We will fix it ASAP.
- Living: sleeping sofa (2 persons), TV, DVD, CD, book, games, internet
- Sleep 1: King size bed, extra bed, shelf, bedside cabinet, ocean view
- Slepp 2: 2 single beds, sleeping couch, shelf, bedside cabinets, separate entrance
- Kitchen: gas stove, fridge, freezer, dish washer, micro wave
- Dining: large dining table for 12 persons
- Bathroom: Sink, shower, corner bathtub, toilet, bidet, washing machine, towels, bright and spacious
- Garden: dining terrace, garden furniture (table, chairs, sunbeds), fireplace, lawn, parking, ocean view