The Cedar Cottage on the Lake(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House, 5 Bedrooms + Loft + Den, 4 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
The interior features massive Ponderosa Pine log beams from Montana and a custom made walnut, dovetailed dining table that seats 12. The cottage sits on a 1 3/4 acre lot surrounded on three sides by water. In the front of the lot is a 100 ft fixed dock with a covered gazebo and a floating dock/swimming platform. The gazebo has buit-in benches with a hammock and ceiling fan to enjoy the sunsets across the water. The lot also has a small boat ramp to launch your wave runner or a small boat.
- Well, once again, we have come home from your Lakehouse with many happy memories! Everything looked even better than we had remembered. As we sat around the breakfast table on Monday morning, our 5 year old grandson had a great idea. He said 'This was so much fun! Can we come back again?' He loves your property, too. (2012 - SC)
The Best get Away!!! (Jacksonville,FL)
- Amazing! Gorgeous cottage, gorgeous lake!The property was so well cared for and the cottage was beautiful. The owner was great and had everything available that we would have needed. Can't wait to visit again.
Wonderful Place for the Family (FL)
- The lake is perfect for small children to swim in (ours were 1, 3, 5 & 7)--with a very nice beach area and shallow swimming place. The property was clean and well maintained. The owner was helpful and friendly and very easy to work with. We would definitely return.
Great Family Reunion Venue (Mesa, AZ)
- Our recent visit to the 'Lake House' was most relaxing.There is plenty of room for everyone in your party to have 'their own space'. We could not have been more happy with our choice of venues! We loved our visit to the Cedar Cottage on the Lake.
Beautiful House and View! (Houston, TX)
- The house is just beautiful, very well maintained and decorated.The owner was very welcoming and helpful. Our stay was exactly what we needed. We spent our days relaxing outside, rocking on the porch, enjoying fires by the lake at night. It was a nice place to spend a family vacation and I hope to return for many years to come.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2009
- 2400 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Queen size Beds (1) Master bedroom has a vaulted ceiling with rough-cut pine and exposed log beams. Hand-made bed built from aspen logs.(See Photo), Double Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (2), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1), Bunk Beds (2) Wonderful bunk room for kids with log walls and pine floors....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 9 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Catering Available
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 2 - May 10, 2017
2 night min stay
May 12 - Sep 4, 2017
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $150 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Tax Rate 8%
New solo and tandem REI kayaks (5) and three person canoe, plus children and adult life jackets and paddles; $75.
$300 reservation deposit required within 7 days of rental confirmation. Fifty percent of balance required 30 days prior to arrival. Remaining balance payable on date of arrival.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Lake Wylie is a beautiful lake with an approx. 350 mile shoreline, located about 25 minutes south of Charlotte. We are off of Exit 88, I-77S.The Cottage is located on Torrence Creek (a great cove for sking) just to the east of Tega Cay. Fishing is wonderful for the kids with bass, bream, crappie and catfish. Jet skis, boats and pontoon boats are available from vendors on the lake. The US National Whitewater Center is about 25 minutes away (intersection of I-85 and I-485)on the shore of the Catawba River. The site was the location for the 2012 US Olympic Trial in kayaks. The site has whitewater rafting, mountain biking, zip lines, high ropes course, canopy tours and hiking. Also, the Carowinds Amusement Park is about 15 minutes from the Cottage. The Park has wonderfully scary rides and a huge water park, that will be enjoyed by children of all ages!
The Charlotte area has a number of other activities for the visitor: Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens, Billy Graham Library, Discovery Place, Blumenthal Performing Arts Center and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Charlotte is also home to a number of sports teams: NFL - Carolina Panthers, NBA - Charlotte Bobcats, NASCAR - Charlotte Motor Speedway, AAA - Charlotte Knights Baseball and the Charlotte Checkers Hockey.
Year Purchased: 1951
Why the Owner Chose Tega Cay, SC, USA:
Our family bought this lot on Lake Wylie in 1951 as a weekend getaway and in 1993 consulted with architect Reg Narmour to design a home with a Nantucket cedar shake exterior, a log beam interior with the feel of a Maine fishing lodge. It is a wonderfully peaceful,cottage for you and your family to enjoy during each season. Guest Comments: - The Best Get Away. 'Amazing! Gorgeous cottage, gorgeous lake! The property was so well cared for and the cottage was beautiful! The owner was great and had everything available that we would have needed.' Jacksonville, FL -Wonderful Place for the Family. 'The lake is perfect for small children to swim in--with a very nice beach area and shallow swimming place. The property was clean and well-maintained.The owner was helpful,friendly and very easy to work with. We would definitely return'. FL -Great Family Reunion Venue. 'There is plenty of room for everyone in your party to have 'their own space'. We could not have been more happy with our choice of venues! We loved our visit to the Cedar Cottage on the Lake!'. Mesa, AZ - Beautiful House and View! 'The house is just beautiful, so well maintained and very well kept and decorated. The owner was very welcoming and helpful. Our stay was exactly what we needed. We spent our days relaxing outside, rocking on the porch, enjoying fires by the lake at night. It was a nice place to spend a family vacation and I hope to return for many years to come'. Houston, TX
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We're 15 minutes south of the Charlotte airport (which is why 2 of our 5 neighbors are airline pilots) but it feels like you're in the nearby Smoky Mountains. For our family it's been the ultimate urban escape on the banks of the historic Catawba River which has been dammed to create Lake Wylie. We're located on a peninsula with 270 degrees of water out of the main porch. Fishing, canoeing and bird watching are favorite activities.
- Primary: (704) 236-1009 ((North Carolina, SUA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Thursday, March 16, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.