Shiosai - pronounced: She - O - Sigh
- Shiosai means excitement at the ebb and flow of the tide
- Often translated as: "sound of the waves"
Let the ocean lull you to sleep under a canopy of stars - The ideal get-away for the creative artist or writer – just steps away from Cooks Beach. A simply spectacular house designed by Ralph Matheson with a view from every room.
This two-bedroom, two-bath, home has floor-to-ceiling, glass cornered windows that bring white-water views of the ocean, Cook’s Beach and The Fishrocks into every room. An arched skylight the entire length of the structure fills the home with light and gives new meaning to sleeping under the stars (and the moon) at night.
The master suite offers a full bath and dressing room with walk-in closet and glass block shower. The kitchen features a large breakfast bar, gas-stove, all built-in appliances and imported German cabinets. It opens out to the dining and living rooms allowing for an ideal open entertainment area featuring custom Italian designed furniture. Radiant floor heating provides the ultimate in comfort. A wood-burning fireplace in the sunken living room and a wood-burning stove in the master bedroom provide ambiance and warmth for the cool nights on the coast. A full guest bedroom suite with full-bath on the second level provides personal privacy away from the main floor. The detached office/studio/game room allows space and privacy away from the living quarters while over-looking the ocean and open space. A 2-person hot-tub tucked in a cozy corner of the deck provides an ideal way to watch the moon rise and finish out a day of creative writing, sculpting or painting. A full double garage, enclosed decks and entry complete the package.
1.65 acres in the heart of the “banana belt” located midway between Gualala and Anchor Bay. Within 2 miles of 3 grocery stores, a gym, restaurants, shops and within 15 minutes from the Point Arena movie house. On an island of land between Coast Hwy 1 and Old State Hwy, it offers breathtaking views of Cook’s Beach, Bourn’s Landing and The Fishrocks.
- Shio - the extension of waves in Japanese: waves, wave sounds, smell of sea wind
- Sai - reminds one of the excitement people feel when they stay with a lover. Or get excited for something good.
- Therefore, we imagine from Shiosai: beautiful sea, wind, excitement to stay with loved ones
- Click the "Email Owner" for availability, reservations, payments, rentals terms and to arrange a personal 1/1 discussion with the owner.
Please note: the house is not "child-friendly" so unfortunately we can rent to adults only
- On your way to or from Shiosai, be sure to visit Sonoma County wine country: Russian River Valley, Dry Creek Valley, Alexander Valley or downtown Healdsburg. Go to wineroad.com website for information
- Some of our favorites: Mueller, Amphora, Simoncini.
Keywords: House below