About the property
- House3300 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay7 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 4.5 Baths, (Sleeps 12)
Luxurious 4 bedroom, 4 ½ bath beach front home with private swimming pool and jacuzzi. Just completed in the fall of 2009. Professionally decorated offering unique amenities for your stay, exclusive to this property, to make your vacation worry free.
This professionally designed and decorated beach home was 3 years in the making. It was completed the fall of 2009 and is situated on the preferred Gulf of Mexico side of the island. The owners spent considerable effort to insure a comfortable vacation experience for up to 12 guests. Enjoy fabulous water views and fantastic sunsets. 14 foot vaulted ceilings, 9 foot doors, and a state of the art kitchen and dining area with wet bar comprise the main living area on the top floor. The spacious decks and oversize sliding doors meld the outdoor living spaces with the inside on all floors. All bedrooms have in suite baths. 3 master suites with king beds and a bunk room with 6 twin beds.
* 3 private king size master suites with sliding doors to balconies and in suite baths featuring rain head showers and his and hers vanities. Dual shower heads in 3rd floor master suite. Spa toiletry products included.
* Bunk room with six custom built bunk beds as seen in Traditional Home Magazine. Includes individual lighting units for reading and nooks for iPods, cell phone chargers, etc. In suite bath features 3 hand painted sinks and separate stool, tub and shower room.
* Flat screen televisions throughout with high definition direct satellite TV. Blu Ray & HD DVD players.
* Full surround sound home theater system. Full house music system complete with the ability to dock your own personal iPod.
* Laundry room with high efficiency front load washer and dryer
* Wireless internet connection, computer and printer/fax machine.
* Unlimited domestic long distance calls.
Fully Equipped Gourmet Kitchen
* Reverse osmosis water filtration system.
* Stainless steel appliances including two dishwashers.
* Convection oven, warming drawer, microwave, & conventional wall oven.
* Top of the line gas cook top offers superior cooking performance.
* Granite counter tops.
* Breakfast bar that seats six.
* Fully equipped with all of the small electrics, pots, pans and baking dishes to tackle any cooking adventure.
* Wii player with games
* Board games, puzzles, & cards. Books for every age range.
* Custom designed and built bunk room sleeps 6. Each child has an individual reading light, storage nook and outlets to charge all of their electronics. 40inch flat screen TV.
* Private bathroom containing 3 custom hand painted sinks. Separate shower, tub and stool room for privacy.
* Designer outdoor furniture on every deck/patio complimenting interior design scheme.
* Main level entertaining area with kitchen, grill, bathroom, hot/cold shower with private heated pool and spa.
* Direct beach access 300 feet away. Beach chairs, umbrellas, towels and toys are provided.
* Included with your rental is a golf cart and bikes for exploring the Island.
* A membership to North Captiva Island Club also comes with the home. The Club has tennis courts, pools, playground, basketball court and more.
* Baby/Kid Package - Access to all things needed to make baby's stay as comfortable as possible. Includes crib, high chair, stroller, swing, and more. Forget the extra suitcase with all the kid's favorite toys & let us take care of their fun for the week. This package includes sand toys, pool toys, boogie boards, skim nets & water wings. For quiet time or rainy days we have a wide array of books, crafts, legos, puzzles, movies & more.
*Boat slip rental
Keywords: beach front vacation rental home with pool and spa
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 18, 2018
About Amanda StClair
Mandy and John St. Clair reside in Indianapolis, Indiana and have two daughters and a golden retriever. They fell in love with North Captiva Island on their first visit and purchased property. They subsequently spent three years designing and building Bluefin Beach House. They built a home that is great for bathing suits and for cocktail parties and dinners, too. It's a house for fun. It's a house that is always filled with extended family and friends. They travel here frequently with their girls who always have friends in tow. North Captiva is very unique and is the perfect place to unwind and come together as a family.
Amanda StClair purchased this House in 2009
Why Amanda StClair chose Jose's Hideaway
North Captiva Island is a unique destination. A private island community that offers you privacy and undiscovered beaches. Part of the Lee Island Coast in Southwest Florida, North Captiva's access is provided by conveniently scheduled public ferries, private water charters and a private airstrip. Golf carts and bikes are the only form of transportation on the island, keeping the environment pristine. The island has 5 miles of white sandy beaches and offers some of the best shelling in the United States. ¾ of the island is an undeveloped 700 acre state land preserve - the perfect way to spend the day. The island also features fine dining, shopping and private club amenities. North Captiva Island is one of the few places left where man can live in complete harmony with nature. This unique island paradise is not for everybody. But then, it was never intended to be. One visit and you'll see why we fell in love and now call this home.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 9:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Ahhhhmazing stay at the Bluefin Beach House!
We had a great time at Bluefin. The accommodations were clean and well maintained. The kids enjoyed the bunk room and I'll have to say, having one of the masters on the top floor is ideal. We didn't hear a peep from our grown kids or our littles. Two additional masters for the adult kids worked out perfectly. There were spaces for coming together (pool, kitchen, living room) yet plenty of places to spread out.
The kitchen was well equipped with everything we needed. Two dishwashers? Yes! Yes! I didn't realize how important that would be. I also loved that there was a trash compactor. We hadn't used one previously, but all of the island houses should be required to have them. We literally had two bags of trash the whole trip! Seems silly, but I know trash hauling is expensive. Having a grill on the same floor as the kitchen was also very convenient. This was the first time we didn't have to haul everything up and down stairs for cooking.
I think the highlights for us were the sound system and the pool area. Plenty of room for lounging or taking a dip. Loved the hammock and outdoor furniture in the shade. Having an outdoor kitchen/bar and a bathroom was super convenient. The last house we stayed out required a three-floor hike for any of those things. Playing music throughout the house was a huge bonus.
We played board games and spent time on the porch swing. Ate most of our meals outside on the screened in porch. Evening trips to the beach for the gorgeous sunsets. The week was flawless from check-in to check-out. Jason (the caretaker) was very personable and very responsive when we had questions. CJ carried all of our groceries and suitcases up for us. All we had to do was unpack, pour a drink and start our vacation.
Everyone was shocked at how quick the time went by. We are planning another trip in October. We will, of course, be staying at the Bluefin Beach House!
Met all expectations!!!
I can't add much to the owners description... all spot on. We took too many. Clothes and too much food, but better too much than too little. 300 ft from beach. Great location
Beautiful home made for a beautiful vacation!
The Bluefin Beach House was absolutely wonderful! The home was a perfect set up for our family (6 adults and 6 kids) and featured everything we could ever need! The pictures of this home do not do it justice! This was a great "get away from it all" vacation.
All of the bedrooms are incredibly spacious. The 3 master bedrooms allowed privacy for the adults while the kids room set-up was just so "cool". All the beds were comfortable with great bedding. The kitchen had everything you could ever need. And there was a ton of activities/games for the kids when they needed a break from the sun. The family room furniture was super comfortable for watching a movie in the evening.
The pool area was perfect. The pool itself stayed shaded most of the day while the pool deck was drenched in sun. This was great as the pool was cool and refreshing! There is also an outdoor shower by the pool to wash off all the sand from the beach!
The decks on the home are gorgeous with comfortable furniture and fantastic views! The small details that are taken care of in this home make it the perfect place to vacation!
Provisioning is a must when heading to the island, and the Island Club is great to work with and can accommodate all of your belongings! We drove to Florida and brought a few coolers with us. We went shopping on Saturday morning, loaded the coolers with food and dry ice and took the afternoon ferry to the house.
Jason, the home's caretaker, met us at the dock and was terrific to work with. We hope to return someday soon!!
The Bluefin house was amazing! It had all the amenities. The living space and bedrooms were spacious and thoughtfully decorated. The outdoor pool/patio was great for kids and adults alike. Short distance from the beach. Beautiful sunsets. The caretaker and owners were very helpful. We would definitely stay here again.
The Blue Fin Beach house is an awesome retreat for family gathering to spend a fabulous time enjoying family time in an incredible home on North Captiva
Our family of grandparents and 3 daughters with their families (12) spent a week in paradise with absolutely wonderful memories
Amanda was such a thoughtful and caring person in ensuring we had all the information needed to to maximize our time at Blue Fin
She was very accommodating in allowing for our family to enjoy her absolutely beautiful home...Jason was extremely easy and efficient in guaranteeing any question was answered immediately
The home is absolutely INCREDIBLE...from the architecture (architect daughter took many notes and photos) to the furnishings...to the large gathering room and gourmet kitchen that allowed for plenty of room for all of us to enjoy meals and fun time....unbelievable views from porches and gigantic windows...master suites(3)...no arguing over choice as all were magnificent...kids bunk room was amazing in design and furnishings and provided all electronic needs for 5....kids absolutely had a blast...outdoor pool/spa and deck area /shower was so relaxing and conducive to chiliing in paradise
Oh...the beach in front of the house was secluded and offered all the wonderful beach exploring/games both kids and adults could possibly want in a beach
ISLAND PARADISE = .BLUE FIN BEACH HOUSE
BlueFin is FABULOUS! Renting this property was easy, the house was wonderful. Full of everything you could need for a beach vacation. Would absolutely return. The photos say it all!
North Captiva Island is a unique destination. A private island community that offers you privacy and undiscovered beaches. Part of the Lee Island Coast in Southwest Florida, North Captiva's access is provided by conveniently scheduled public ferries. Golf carts and bikes are the only form of transportation on the island, keeping the environment pristine. The island has 5 miles of white sandy beaches and offers some of the best shelling in the United States. ¾ of the island is an undeveloped 700 acre state land preserve - the perfect way to spend the day. The island also features dining, shopping and private club amenities. North Captiva Island is one of the few places left where man can live in complete harmony with nature.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation confirmed. We rent Saturday to Saturday ONLY. We NEVER allow pets. Contact us for OFF SEASON breakdown rates for 2 people.