Merritt in the Landing: Summer 2017 at 2016 Prices----Book & Enjoy Anticipating!
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-4 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Location: Bald Head Island, Southern Coast, Coastal, North Carolina, USA (Killegray Ridge, 1 Mile from Point; Wilmington 35 miles)
Accommodations: Beach House, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths (sleeps 5)
Tired of arriving at your vacation destination only to find:
• towels are missing and you just stepped out of the shower?
• the springs in the chair sink to the ground and you were hoping for a cozy read?
• the hot water is cold and you’re covered with sand and shells?
• the freon has drained dry in the air conditioning unit and it’s 99+ and sunny INside?
• the kitchen equipment you took camping exceeded what you find in the cabinets?
• the promised transportation doesn’t work and your feet are tired?
20 Keeper's Landing, MERRITT IN THE LANDING, offers:
• Freedom from the “oh, no” of disappointments mentioned above
• A cheerful, meticulously maintained, well equipped island cottage for families/friends looking for a quiet, relaxing, care-free vacation rental.
• Across the street from the front porch enjoy a 200+ foot dock stretching into the marsh.....enjoy the stars at night, the peaceful warmth and views of the maritime forest, or try your hand at crabbing and/or fishing!
• Hardwood floors, freshly painted walls, colorful dinnerware, games, books, and more…..
• Home with inverted floor plan: UPPER floor with 1 BR (master w/queen and TV, bathroom including tub-shower), living/dining and kitchen; LOWER lever with bedroom with bunks and trundle, chest of drawers, TV and small sofa; small sitting room w/stuffed chaise and washer/dryer
• Porta-crib and high chair for your little one.
• Kitchen well equipped with spices, new appliances, hot pot holders, pizza pan, cook books and other items to enjoy during your stay.
• Outdoor, secluded patio with charcoal grill and shower
• One 4 person golf cart available (year round maintenance agreement)
* Hi speed INTERNET, secure sign on
• Two cruiser bikes for PAVED road use ONLY, 'as is' condition
* Experienced, private, caring housekeeper whose goal it is to help us insure that your rental is of gold standard quality
• East Beach, Maritime Market, BHI Club with access to golf, tennis and swimming pool and Shoal's Club each a bike ride or golf cart ride away
• 14 miles of running on the beach, roads for biking beneath trees in the forest or along the coast
• Temporary membership at one club is available to purchase (w/opportunity for golfing, tennis, croquet, swimming, exercise room and fine dining) if guests choose to include
Keywords: island cottage in maritime forest
Member since: 2008
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Merritt in the Landing is ACROSS the Street from Lovely Marsh.....100 Yard Dock Extends Into the Water...Great for Crabbing, Fishing, Watching Stars and Birds! Bicycle/helmet Rental, Golf Cart Rental, Surf Board Rental, Kayak Rental, Beach Chair/Umbrella Rental all available Call 910-457-6844 or 910-457-4944; Deep Point Ferry brochure available at www.baldheadisland.com/media/pdf/DeepPointBrochure.pdf...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 17 - May 19, 2017
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- departure clean $160 + tax
- Tax Rate 12.75%
Contracts AND Payment/Security Refund managed by privately hired accountant. NO associated FEES.
To RESERVE: 25 yr minimum age to rent; Deposit and half of total rental required, remaining amount due 45 days prior to arrival. CANCELLATIONS: forfeit deposit & if less than 45 days require re-rental to secure refund of monies paid toward rental! Encourage travel insurance.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 2 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Bald Head Island Conservancy Has an Educational Museum and Summer Programs Available! Bald Head Island Sailing Club Offers Sailing Lessons!
Bicycle/helmet Rental, Golf Cart Rental, Surf Board Rental, Kayak Rental, Beach Chair/Umbrella Rental all available Call 910-457-6844 or 910-457-4944.
Merritt in the Landing...affordable, comfortable, convenient to East/South Bch!
Old Baldy greets guest as your ferry arrives in the marina~~step off & enjoy!
Inverted floor plan w/master, living, dining, kitchen upstairs and....
View from kitchen past dining and into iiving area~~books, games, serene space!
Master Bedroom upper floor, queen bed, w adjacent closet & bath to left
Cozy sitting area: read? write? nap? dream?
1st floor bath w/large tile shower and sitting bench
Patio outside bedroom; rinsing shower, charcoal grill, table & chairs
Pier affords hours of fun & is steps from your front door~~nature surrounds you!
Standing on the pier~~enjoy high tide, fishing, kayaking and more~~across street
Bring the binoculars...boundless places to enjoy winged visitors!
Visit Old Baldy, climb to the top and admire the Island from on high!
Board the ferry, journey to Merritt in the Landing and your holiday begins...
Keeper's Landing, quiet respite nestled along salt marsh & minutes to East Beach
Dining and Kitchen adjacent to living area!
Everything you need to prepare meals, snacks and enjoy dining in if you choose!
1st floor w/rocking chairs on porch, sitting area for reading/napping, BR & bath
Twin bunks with trundle, love seat, play area on carpet, light and sunny~~
Stroll across the street: crab, fish, bird watch, star gaze and smell the sea!
Path abutting dock~~
Another treasure: Spectacular sunsets from pier and shore!
No better place to enjoy treasures of the sea AND maritime forest!
Island Treasures: explore all including BHI Village Chapel
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees