2 Bedroom 1 Bath Cozy Cabin with Private Stream Access, A Heavily Wooded Lot, and Mountain Views!.
Streamside is an authentic log cabin nestled in the deep woods right beside it's own stream. There are beautiful paths along the stream or you can enjoy the sound of the rushing stream right from the deck. The views of the mountains to the North and East are beautiful. The home is decorated tastefully with cabin decor. It has all the modern conveniences but is surrounded by natural beauty. It's far enough away from the crowd to be secluded and private but close enough to get to the skiing, sites, restaurants, supplies, etc. nearby. The spacious living room has seating for 6 and has a cozy gas stove. There are two bedrooms. One has a queen bed and the other has bunk beds and a full size bed.
In winter, (4 wheel drive is recommended), there's Breckenridge world class skiing within 25 minutes. Numerous other ski venues (Copper Mtn., Keystone, Vail, Monarch, Ski Cooper) are within another 1/2 an hour. Other winter activities nearby include cross country skiing, snow-mobiling. During the summer, there's white water rafting, hiking, ATV trails, biking, fishing, hunting, and camping. You can relax and just enjoy the natural beauty or head out to the nearby towns/resorts/parks, and enjoy the unlimited winter and summer activities the area has to offer.
In the summer you will be in the center of all activities including old mine ruins, Montgomery Reservoir, Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Bross, Mt. Quandry and many more. Fairplay (just 10 miles away) is the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include hiking, mountain climbing, horseback riding, ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more. Alma is only 5 minutes away and offers dining, shopping, and entrances to some of the most beautiful drives in Colorado such as Kite Lake, Bristlecone Pines, and Mosquito Pass.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great home to call your "Base Camp".
This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. The access is easy and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity in the summer but is recommended in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* In Subdivision... Access to National Forest/ large lots for plenty of seclusion
* Breckenridge ... ski, snowmobile, fish, ride, golf - 20 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 45 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeeping, rafting - 30 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 10 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 15 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 50 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 1.5 hours SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 1.5 hours SE
You will enjoy the flexibility of being able to explore all of the exciting areas in the heart of the Rockies by being in the center of all the activities. You will be able to enjoy a luxurious home but you won't have to put up with all of the traffic in Breckenridge and along I-70.