ENJOY SPECTACULAR VIEWS of Lake Tahoe
We have just opened up our Summer 2019 booking. Peak summer stays are one week, Fri-Fri, $279 per night + clean/tax for the week. EXCELLENT SUMMER RATES !!
Enjoy walking down the amazing NEW paved path to Meeks Bay beach!!
Perfect beach for families, calm blue waters, white sand!
Winter? Ski/board resorts are Homewood (nearby), alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley. Winter bookings open now!
Get away from the crowds and enjoy the amazing cobalt blue lake and the special, spectacular west shore of Lake Tahoe. The West Shore is the best shore.
Come and relax at our 4 bedroom two bath home with gorgeous views of Lake Tahoe. Our house is your house, perfect for your family and friends to spend time together! We have an open kitchen and living room area with two large decks overlooking the lake. The layout makes for a great place to relax with your whole family. (We are NOT a party house if you are looking for a big bash place) We have soft, quiet wall-to-wall carpeting throughout the home; comfortable beds (new king and queen beds!) all with down comforters and soft cotton sheets. Two story with stairs, bring your baby gate if you have very young children.
LOCATION: Our house is in a quiet residential neighborhood where some residents live year-round. We are near the entrance to Meeks Bay Beach and Resort, open to public. We are above Emerald Bay Road/89, which is the only road that wraps around the entire lake. It hugs the shore of Lake Tahoe all the way around. NOTE: Most all of the homes here that are within walking distance of the lake and have a close view do experience some road noise from Emerald Bay Road due to the close proximity to the lake.
In the warm seasons, you can walk, or drive right to lakeside, to the best white sand beach on the lake. In the winter you can ski/snowboard at nearby resorts.
We are across the street from the paved bicycle/walking/jogging trail that goes from Meeks Bay all the way to Tahoe City.
We are near the Sugar Pine Point state park and the entrance to Desolation wilderness trail. In winter enjoy amazing snowy views and nearby ski and sledding areas.
We always wish we could stay longer. This is truly a home you can settle into. We sure have...our father built the cabin in 1977 and it has been in our family ever since. We rent only to help us with maintenance and upkeep costs.
**Please read INTERNET disclaimer below: item #22**
Are you wondering about how to find additional reviews of our place???
OUR GUESTBOOK REVIEWS here in this website are copied verbatim directly from our guestbook at the cabin. The HomeAway website recently changed procedures and does not post an owner's submitted guestbook reviews in the "reviews" or "review count" section anymore. :(
We have ALL-EXCELLENT REVIEWS for years in our cabin guestbook.
HOW TO READ THEM: Scroll down on this main HomeAway page about our home go to the little box that says "Monica"
--> click on "about Monica", that is where HomeAway has put all of our guestbook reviews
BY BOOKING YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING CONTRACT CONDITIONS:
MEEKS BAY CABIN: EL DORADO CO. PERMIT #1505
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. PST AND CHECK OUT IS 11 AM. PST.
2. This is a NON SMOKING cabin. The NON SMOKING prohibition includes anywhere on the real property (High Fire Danger).
3. Pets are not permitted.
4. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult over 25 yrs of age or guardian/parent.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $500 is required.
However----your reservation is not held until receipt of $500 deposit. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is not applied toward rent.
The balance is refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to cabin or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All keys are returned.
d. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
e. No linens are lost or damaged.
f. No Early check-in or late check out.
6. PAYMENT An advance payment equal to 100% of the rental rate is required 60 days before arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the room rent.
for nightly rentals less than a one month stay – There is no cancellation permitted 60 days or less prior to your stay. If 60 days or less prior to stay, there is no refund. SEE HOMEAWAY SITE FOR DETAILS
8. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS – Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty (120) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per cabin is limited to EIGHT (8) persons, INCLUDING INFANTS/CHILDREN
THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
10. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than two days, the guest will be charged the two-night rate.
11. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
12. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included. We suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabins.
13. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
14. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
15. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
16. Parking – Parking is limited to four (4) vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only.
Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
17. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. The county roads are well maintained, however we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
18. Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
The Owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
19. Cleaning: you are to leave the property in the same overall condition that you received it and the home is generally ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized by our cleaning team.
If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $50 per hour.
20. Winter snow removal: is done from time to time for general maintenance of driveway access and is NOT done daily. If the renter requests additional snow removal from the local contact it is $60 per service and is taken out of your deposit after your stay. Please inform owners.
21. ALERT: We do not offer refunds or reductions in rent due to unexpected minor household repair issues. Minor fix-its can come up as is the case in all homes. We fix/repair as soon as we possibly can in all cases, this may take time due to scheduling of services available on the West Shore. (We are solo homeowners and not a hotel with 24/7 maintenance) PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY IF ANYTHING IN HOUSE NEEDS ATTENTION.
22. Wireless is available at the cabin however due to the local Tahoe basin wireless provider and weather conditions, it cannot be guaranteed. We do not provide a refund in the event that the wireless service has interruptions which are out of our control. Occasional outages do occur. In the event of an outage, there is wireless available at nearby Meeks Resort (seasonal) and Westside Pizza. More substantial wireless is available at Sunnyside Lodge, Obexers, and in Tahoe City.
-----> PLEASE NOTE: Wireless is satellite provided and is often slow. Wireless is supplied only for use of emails and basic internet activity. Basics do work adequately (unless there is a weather related outage or other satellite interference).
We want you to know before you book that our housing region on the west shore doesn't have any fast, powerful wireless provider available that enables you to do important work i.e. web live conferences/meetings etc.
No streaming of movies etc. This will cause excessive data usage, at a high cost, which will be deducted from the renter's security deposit. Again, staying connected via your email accounts is usually fine (provided there is no weather disruption).
23. We reserve the right to enter the cabin, or have authorized repair person enter, for any necessary vital repair issues if ever needed during your stay.