Erie Pa Wine Country & Lake Erie Beaches(45 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
House, 3 Bedrooms + Loft, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 6-8)
We are 18 miles east of downtown Erie in North East, PA. You'll notice a slower pace of life and a small town atmosphere including:
-- miles of Lake Erie coast, wineries, farm stands, vineyards
-- private Woodmere Beach just one house away
-- 11 wineries within 8 miles, open year round
-- quaint town with shops, spas, restaurants, grocery and drug stores just 3 miles
-- the iconic Freeport Restaurant just 1.25 miles
-- world-class fishing: steelhead, bass, walleye, perch, lake trout.
Like us on Facebook - "Clement's Lake Erie Cottages" for latest offers, events and recommendations for things to do. Please check my Facebook page BEFORE you reserve for latest offers and savings suggestions or call me directly at 814-566-4722.
Summer is a popular time for families who come to enjoy Lake Erie beaches and local attractions such as Waldameer Amusement Park & Water World, Presque Isle State Park, Scallywags Pirate Ship, Splash Lagoon Water Park, Peek n Peak Adventure Course and Zip Lines, and the Erie Zoo. See more recommendations at the bottom of this listing.
LADIES! WE LOVE LADIES GETAWAYS!
We are in the heart of Lake Erie Wine Country where wineries are open year round. Bella Day Spa is 3 miles away where you can reserve the party room and bring food and beverages for your ladies to meet up between spa appointments. Ask me about private wine glass painting classes (in-home), spa treatments (in-home) and for other ideas for your weekend.
WORLD CLASS FISHING
Fishermen and guided fishing tours are welcomed. Fishing here is fantastic nearly all year. Late fall and winter fishing for steelhead is world class and we are right between 16 Mile Creek (1.25 miles) & 20 Mile Creeks (1.75 miles), but also close enough to Walnut Creek (27 miles) and Elk Creek (34 miles) -- you can drive to where the fish are hitting. Bring your boat and launch from the North East Marina, 1.4 miles. My brothers are part of a competitive fishing team here. Ask me for Lake Erie fishing charter recommendations or guide recommendations for stream fishing.
Larger groups please see our other listing #336468. We have two vacation rentals on the same street -- just 3 homes apart. Rent BOTH homes to accommodate larger groups. Wonderful lodging for wedding guests. If my calendars are booked for the dates you need, ask me for other recommendations. I am happy to help.
THE LAKE HOUSE
Main Floor: living area, kitchen, eating area, 3 bedrooms (Q, F, 2T) and bathroom with shower/tub unit. We also provide a Queen air mattress with electric blower for inflation.
The fully equipped kitchen includes stainless appliances, large Thermador refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, microwave, Keurig and carafe coffee makers, dishwasher, garbage disposal, blender, mixer, crockpot, cookware, dishes, utensils.
Second Floor Loft: Living area equipped with 42" plasma TV, Blue-ray Disc player, cable channels, comfy sectional sofa, board games and toys. We have lake views from the loft.
- completely renovated home
- professionally decorated
- central air conditioning - a must for hot summer nights
- central heat - warm and cozy in the winter; fully insulated home- not drafty like older cottages. Feel free to set the thermostat to your comfort level.
- ample city water (no well water or low supply)
- public sewer (no septic issues)
- full size washer and dryer are provided in the garage. Washer is 'winterized' from November through April, and cannot be used during those months.
- concrete driveway parking can accommodate up to 4 cars or a boat -- or a game of pick-up basketball - hoop provided in driveway
The home uniquely sits on 2 lots with large grassy areas for playing yard games. Kids love the tree swing. The backyard is private... only the yard and the creek about 15 feet down. We provide a metal fire pit in the backyard or you can enjoy a small camp fire at the beach. Driftwood from the beach is plentiful for a beach fire or the fire pit (no need to bring your own wood).
NEIGHBORHOOD & BEACH
- very private, quiet, dead end road with only 12 homes
- no thru traffic
- very peaceful
- easy beach access
- family environment; not a party neighborhood
- loud parties not welcome here
- private beach for residents/guests only
- we are 1 house away from the beach entrance - closer to beach and easier access than some lakefront homes = great value!
-- our road runs nearly perpendicular to beach
-- easy walkable beach access (no bluff/cliff/staircase)
- easy access to the beach is unique for the area and important to consider for taking beach chairs, coolers and small watercraft to the beach
- natural Lake Erie shoreline with stones, sand, driftwood (please see photos here and on my other listing #336468). Beach shoes recommended.
Walk on the shore, look for beach glass and roast marshmallows at the beach as you take in beautiful sunsets. We head to the beach in the evenings with a cup of wine to view the sunset, a different show each evening. Some nights are cloudy with subtle color and some nights are brilliantly colorful. The kids happily play at the shoreline, in the creek, in the lake and warm-up to the campfire as they make s'mores. Treasures abound year round -- beach glass, beach stones, driftwood, and other ordinary objects weathered to 'treasure-status' by water and time. Kids find their imaginations here.
Launch your kayak or sailboard right from the beach, or your jet ski or larger boat from the Marina, 1.4 miles east. We launch our fishing boat from the North East Marina and then anchor it in front of our beach during the day so we can come and go. The marina also has short term space for boats parking or slips.
Bring your bikes. Kids can bike up and down our quiet street. Mature bicyclists can be more adventurous and take advantage of longer bike rides. Cycling tours and maps available at "Lake Country Bike" in North East.
TOWN of NORTH EAST
Town of North East is 3 miles. Erie (State Street/Dobbin's Landing area) is 18 miles. Our quaint Victorian town of North East offers locally-owned businesses such as Boston Bean Cafe coffee shop, Grape Country Marketplace (local products & artisans), Bella Day Spa (massages!), The Cork 1794 restaurant and bar, Sander's Jubilee Grocery, CVS drug store & more. During the summer and fall buy freshly picked produce at one the many roadside farm stands. Mini-golf, trail rides and pony rides nearby.
- Wineries - 0.5 miles+ (open year round!)
- North East Marina - 1.4 miles (launch, slips, bait,fish licenses)
- 16 Mile Creek - 1.5 mi (world class steelhead fishing)
- 20 Mile Creek - 2 mi (world class steelhead fishing)
- Lakeside Golf Course - 3 mi
- North East Lanes (bowling) - 4 mi
- Hot Dog Hut & Putt - 4 mi (Mini Golf, glow golf, concessions)
- Green Meadows Golf Course - 6 mi
- Double DAB Scenic Trail Rides - 10 mi (Horses)
- Grape Discovery Center - Westfield, NY, 13 mi (wine tasting, gift shop, exhibits, educational, events)
- Peek 'n Peak Golf, Ski, Moutain Adventures (zip lines+) - 16 mi
- Sailboat Charter - 18 mi (ask me for contact info)
- Tallship Niagara & Maritime Museum - 18 miles (day sails)
- Dobbin's Landing (Erie's Public Dock) - 18 mi
- Scallywags Pirate Ship - 18 Mi (Dobbin's Landing) Pirate themed cruises for adults only and for children.
- Victorian Princess Cruise - 18 Mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Harbor View Mini Golf - 18 Mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Edward John Perch Fishing Charter - 18 mi (Dobbin's Landing)
- Bicentennial Tower - 18 mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Presque Isle Downs & Casino, Erie - 19 mi
- Crossroads Farm & Craft Market-Westfield NY - 19 mi
- Erie Zoo & Botanical Gardens - 20 mi
- Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, Erie - 22 mi
- Waldameer Amusement & Water Park, Erie - 22 mi - new wave pool
- Tom Ridge Environmental Ctr, Erie - 22 mi (great for a rainy day)
- Presque Isle State Park - 23 mi (LOVE THIS)
- Millcreek Mall - 23 mi - no sales tax here on clothing
- Chautauqua Institution, NY - 27 mi
- Grove City Outlet Mall, PA - 90 miles
- Niagara Falls, NY - 99 miles
COLLEGES VISITS - PARENT VISITS - COLLEGE GRADUATIONS
- Mercyhurst University, North East - 3 miles
- Penn State Behrend, Erie - 15 miles
- Gannon University - 17 miles
- Mercyhurst University, Erie - 19 miles
- LECOM - 24 miles (Medical & Pharmacy Schools)
When you call, you will speak to me -- Lynne Clement 814-566-4722. I am the founder/owner. I am always happy to answer your questions and make recommendations or referrals.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
We have children and we welcome children. You will find an assortment of board games, toys, DVDs, outdoor tree swing, basketball hoop and more. Our kids have always loved the loft area in this home. They will pass up an open bed to camp out in the loft and watch movies at night. ...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player:
- Pool Table:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 - Apr 30, 2017
2 night min stay
May 1-June 15
May 1 - Jun 15, 2017
2 night min stay
Summer High Season
Jun 16 - Aug 31, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Exit Cleaning $75 + tax
- Tax Rate 6%
Summer rentals arrive on Saturday at 4pm and depart on Saturday at 10am.
My homes are very clean and neat. This is not a party house.
We provide bed linens, towels, WIFI, central air/heat, cable tv, gas grill, dishwasher.
Max 8 guests. NO Parties. Must be 25+ years of age to rent. Proof of age will be asked for when reserving.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover payments - no added convenience fee is charged.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
North East is Erie, PA's Wine Country. It is a small, Great Lakes town with beaches, vineyards, farms, and a quaint downtown shopping and dining area. Winery tasting and tours are offered year round. Summers feature festivals and weekly free concerts in the vineyards, and recreation on Lake Erie. Fall is an exciting time to visit starting with the ripening of the grapes and the incredible aroma that wafts through our area and followed by wine and harvest festivals.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: I'm Lynne Clement, a work-from-home soccer/dance/baseball mom. I love managing our rental properties and being a marketing consultant and property manager for other vacation rental owners. I am originally from Erie, PA, a graduate of both Penn State Main and Xavier University (Cincinnati). I worked at Procter & Gamble for 10 years and lived all over the country for 20 years. When our kids became school-aged, we moved back to Erie where they could have a place to call home and have close relationships with extended family.
Why the Owner Chose North East, Pennsylvania, United States of America:
As a child, my favorite memories were of visiting this special beach community. My dad's best friend owned this little slice of heaven where kids could be kids enjoying nature, and adults were always in a good mood as they relaxed, recharged and enjoyed good company in a peaceful place. The tug of good memories was so strong that eventually my parents bought the house next door AND years later, my husband and I bought the other next door home so that we could provide happy traditions and memories for our kids! I have been coming to this place for 40+ years!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I wanted my kids to grow up enjoying the same memories I had... swimming at the beach, combing the shore for beach glass, outdoor bbqs, gathering driftwood for bonfires and s'mores, catching minnows and crayfish in the creek behind our house, walking barefoot on a dirt roads to the beach, skipping stones, floating on rafts, painting beach stones and building teepees from fallen tree branches. As an adult, I appreciate getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and entertaining friends or family and their kids just like I remember from those days as a child. Creating memories... it's what we help you do!
- Primary: (814) 566-4722 (Pennsylvania, USA)
- Secondary: (513) 509-3886
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - photos, descriptions and blog for Clement's Lake Erie Cottages
- CLICK HERE - North East Chamber Calendar of Events
- CLICK HERE - Lake Erie Lifestyles Article with Recommendation & Photos of this Home
- CLICK HERE - Lake Erie Wine Country Events & Info
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Stylish, cozy year round lake house. We are on the Lake Erie Wine Trail.
Driveway parking. Quiet, peaceful setting. Basketball hoop in driveway.
Clean, modern bathroom with shower-tub combo. Towels provided.
2 twin beds.
Dishwasher, double sink, garb disposal, Keurig and carafe style coffee makers
Well stocked kitchen for cooking and dining. Microwave, crockpot, mixer, blender, and more!
Loft: board games, 42" tv, movies, xtra sleeping space. View the lake from here
Spacious backyard bordered by creek. 10 ft picnic table, fire pit, yard games, gas grill.
Cottage living in Lake Erie's Wine Country, North East, PA.
Private beach for residents/ guests only... means more treasures for you!
Steelhead, Lake Trout, Walleye, Bass, Perch… World class fishing right here!
Gather at the beach to watch the evening sunset show.
My home is your home and I've truly furnished it for your comfort and enjoyment!
One of two living areas. A comfy place to read, relax, or socialize.
Master bedroom with Queen bed.
5-burner gas cooktop, LARGE refrigerator with ice maker, microwave
Heading up to the loft -- a fun place to hang out.
Kids love the tree swing, beach glass hunting, beach stone painting and the loft
Backyard: If you're looking for peace and relaxation, you will find it here.
1 House Away! No cliffs or stairs - can even drop off with car if needed.
A quick and easy walk, just one house from the beach.
11 wineries within 8 miles. Wine tasting year round - ask for my itinerary.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Sunday, January 15, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.