About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
House, 3 Bedrooms + Loft, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 6-8)
Treat yourself to this modern year round lake house with all the comforts of home -- maybe even more! Just steps from a private Lake Erie beach, we are the second house from the lake, on a quiet road -- closer to the lake than some lakefront homes. Located in North East, PA, we are in the heart of Lake Erie Wine Country and Steelhead Alley. Adults love our decor, furnishings and generously supplied house. Children are delighted here.
We are 18 miles east of downtown Erie in North East, PA. You'll notice a slower pace of life and a small town atmosphere including:
-- miles of Lake Erie coast, wineries, farm stands, vineyards
-- private Woodmere Beach just one house away
-- 11 wineries within 8 miles, open year round
-- quaint town with shops, spas, restaurants, grocery and drug stores just 3 miles
-- the iconic Freeport Restaurant just 1.25 miles
-- world-class fishing: steelhead, bass, walleye, perch, lake trout.
Like us on Facebook - "Clement's Lake Erie Cottages" for latest offers, events and recommendations for things to do. Please check my Facebook page BEFORE you reserve for latest offers and savings suggestions or call me directly at 814-566-4722.
Summer is a popular time for families who come to enjoy Lake Erie beaches and local attractions such as Waldameer Amusement Park & Water World, Presque Isle State Park, Scallywags Pirate Ship, Splash Lagoon Water Park, Peek n Peak Adventure Course and Zip Lines, and the Erie Zoo. See more recommendations at the bottom of this listing.
LADIES! WE LOVE LADIES GETAWAYS!
We are in the heart of Lake Erie Wine Country where wineries are open year round. Bella Day Spa is 3 miles away where you can reserve the party room and bring food and beverages for your ladies to meet up between spa appointments. Ask me about private wine glass painting classes (in-home), spa treatments (in-home) and for other ideas for your weekend.
WORLD CLASS FISHING
Fishermen and guided fishing tours are welcomed. Fishing here is fantastic nearly all year. Late fall and winter fishing for steelhead is world class and we are right between 16 Mile Creek (1.25 miles) & 20 Mile Creeks (1.75 miles), but also close enough to Walnut Creek (27 miles) and Elk Creek (34 miles) -- you can drive to where the fish are hitting. Bring your boat and launch from the North East Marina, 1.4 miles. My brothers are part of a competitive fishing team here. Ask me for Lake Erie fishing charter recommendations or guide recommendations for stream fishing.
Larger groups please see our other listing #336468. We have two vacation rentals on the same street -- just 3 homes apart. Rent BOTH homes to accommodate larger groups. Wonderful lodging for wedding guests. If my calendars are booked for the dates you need, ask me for other recommendations. I am happy to help.
THE LAKE HOUSE
Main Floor: living area, kitchen, eating area, 3 bedrooms (Q, F, 2T) and bathroom with shower/tub unit. We also provide a Queen air mattress with electric blower for inflation.
The fully equipped kitchen includes stainless appliances, large Thermador refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, microwave, Keurig and carafe coffee makers, dishwasher, garbage disposal, blender, mixer, crockpot, cookware, dishes, utensils.
Second Floor Loft: Living area equipped with 42" plasma TV, Blue-ray Disc player, cable channels, comfy sectional sofa, board games and toys. We have lake views from the loft.
- completely renovated home
- professionally decorated
- central air conditioning - a must for hot summer nights
- central heat - warm and cozy in the winter; fully insulated home- not drafty like older cottages. Feel free to set the thermostat to your comfort level.
- ample city water (no well water or low supply)
- public sewer (no septic issues)
- full size washer and dryer are provided in the garage. Washer is 'winterized' from November through April, and cannot be used during those months.
- concrete driveway parking can accommodate up to 4 cars or a boat -- or a game of pick-up basketball - hoop provided in driveway
The home uniquely sits on 2 lots with large grassy areas for playing yard games. Kids love the tree swing. The backyard is private... only the yard and the creek about 15 feet down. We provide a metal fire pit in the backyard or you can enjoy a small camp fire at the beach. Driftwood from the beach is plentiful for a beach fire or the fire pit (no need to bring your own wood).
NEIGHBORHOOD & BEACH
- very private, quiet, dead end road with only 12 homes
- no thru traffic
- very peaceful
- easy beach access
- family environment; not a party neighborhood
- loud parties not welcome here
- private beach for residents/guests only
- we are 1 house away from the beach entrance - closer to beach and easier access than some lakefront homes = great value!
-- our road runs nearly perpendicular to beach
-- easy walkable beach access (no bluff/cliff/staircase)
- easy access to the beach is unique for the area and important to consider for taking beach chairs, coolers and small watercraft to the beach
- natural Lake Erie shoreline with stones, sand, driftwood (please see photos here and on my other listing #336468). Beach shoes recommended.
Walk on the shore, look for beach glass and roast marshmallows at the beach as you take in beautiful sunsets. We head to the beach in the evenings with a cup of wine to view the sunset, a different show each evening. Some nights are cloudy with subtle color and some nights are brilliantly colorful. The kids happily play at the shoreline, in the creek, in the lake and warm-up to the campfire as they make s'mores. Treasures abound year round -- beach glass, beach stones, driftwood, and other ordinary objects weathered to 'treasure-status' by water and time. Kids find their imaginations here.
Launch your kayak or sailboard right from the beach, or your jet ski or larger boat from the Marina, 1.4 miles east. We launch our fishing boat from the North East Marina and then anchor it in front of our beach during the day so we can come and go. The marina also has short term space for boats parking or slips.
Bring your bikes. Kids can bike up and down our quiet street. Mature bicyclists can be more adventurous and take advantage of longer bike rides. Cycling tours and maps available at "Lake Country Bike" in North East.
TOWN of NORTH EAST
Town of North East is 3 miles. Erie (State Street/Dobbin's Landing area) is 18 miles. Our quaint Victorian town of North East offers locally-owned businesses such as Boston Bean Cafe coffee shop, Grape Country Marketplace (local products & artisans), Bella Day Spa (massages!), The Cork 1794 restaurant and bar, Sander's Jubilee Grocery, CVS drug store & more. During the summer and fall buy freshly picked produce at one the many roadside farm stands. Mini-golf, trail rides and pony rides nearby.
- Wineries - 0.5 miles+ (open year round!)
- North East Marina - 1.4 miles (launch, slips, bait,fish licenses)
- 16 Mile Creek - 1.5 mi (world class steelhead fishing)
- 20 Mile Creek - 2 mi (world class steelhead fishing)
- Lakeside Golf Course - 3 mi
- North East Lanes (bowling) - 4 mi
- Hot Dog Hut & Putt - 4 mi (Mini Golf, glow golf, concessions)
- Green Meadows Golf Course - 6 mi
- Double DAB Scenic Trail Rides - 10 mi (Horses)
- Grape Discovery Center - Westfield, NY, 13 mi (wine tasting, gift shop, exhibits, educational, events)
- Peek 'n Peak Golf, Ski, Moutain Adventures (zip lines+) - 16 mi
- Sailboat Charter - 18 mi (ask me for contact info)
- Tallship Niagara & Maritime Museum - 18 miles (day sails)
- Dobbin's Landing (Erie's Public Dock) - 18 mi
- Scallywags Pirate Ship - 18 Mi (Dobbin's Landing) Pirate themed cruises for adults only and for children.
- Victorian Princess Cruise - 18 Mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Harbor View Mini Golf - 18 Mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Edward John Perch Fishing Charter - 18 mi (Dobbin's Landing)
- Bicentennial Tower - 18 mi (at Dobbin's Landing)
- Presque Isle Downs & Casino, Erie - 19 mi
- Crossroads Farm & Craft Market-Westfield NY - 19 mi
- Erie Zoo & Botanical Gardens - 20 mi
- Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, Erie - 22 mi
- Waldameer Amusement & Water Park, Erie - 22 mi - new wave pool
- Tom Ridge Environmental Ctr, Erie - 22 mi (great for a rainy day)
- Presque Isle State Park - 23 mi (LOVE THIS)
- Millcreek Mall - 23 mi - no sales tax here on clothing
- Chautauqua Institution, NY - 27 mi
- Grove City Outlet Mall, PA - 90 miles
- Niagara Falls, NY - 99 miles
COLLEGES VISITS - PARENT VISITS - COLLEGE GRADUATIONS
- Mercyhurst University, North East - 3 miles
- Penn State Behrend, Erie - 15 miles
- Gannon University - 17 miles
- Mercyhurst University, Erie - 19 miles
- LECOM - 24 miles (Medical & Pharmacy Schools)
When you call, you will speak to me -- Lynne Clement 814-566-4722. I am the founder/owner. I am always happy to answer your questions and make recommendations or referrals.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 24, 2018
About Lynne Clement
I'm Lynne Clement, a work-from-home soccer/dance/baseball mom. I love managing our rental properties and being a marketing consultant and property manager for other vacation rental owners. I am originally from Erie, PA, a graduate of both Penn State Main and Xavier University (Cincinnati). I worked at Procter & Gamble for 10 years and lived all over the country for 20 years. When our kids became school-aged, we moved back to Erie where they could have a place to call home and have close relationships with extended family.
Lynne Clement purchased this House in 2005
Why Lynne Clement chose Erie County
As a child, my favorite memories were of visiting this special beach community. My dad's best friend owned this little slice of heaven where kids could be kids enjoying nature, and adults were always in a good mood as they relaxed, recharged and enjoyed good company in a peaceful place. The tug of good memories was so strong that eventually my parents bought the house next door AND years later, my husband and I bought the other next door home so that we could provide happy traditions and memories for our kids! I have been coming to this place for 40+ years!
What makes this House unique
I wanted my kids to grow up enjoying the same memories I had... swimming at the beach, combing the shore for beach glass, outdoor bbqs, gathering driftwood for bonfires and s'mores, catching minnows and crayfish in the creek behind our house, walking barefoot on a dirt roads to the beach, skipping stones, floating on rafts, painting beach stones and building teepees from fallen tree branches. As an adult, I appreciate getting away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and entertaining friends or family and their kids just like I remember from those days as a child. Creating memories... it's what we help you do!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Lovely Girls Get-Away
This cottage is the perfect retreat for any girls get-away! The cute and cozy decor makes you feel right at home. We enjoyed dinner at The Cork and Morning Donuts at The Little Shop of Donuts. Also, minutes away from tons of local wineries. Book today for a relaxing stay!
Quaint, relaxed, and very nice
Highly recommend this rental house, it is located in a small quiet community and the neighbors are extremely friendly to visitors. The house itself is beautiful, very clean and fully accommodating to all of your needs. And it is large enough to fit a group of eight. Which was our case. The owners are great people and fully understanding of your needs. We came up for a yearly fishing trip in early November. And after becoming tired of staying in hotels we decided to stay away from the city. It is located in beautiful Erie county wine country and there is something to do for everyone. The small town of northeast is beautiful and the small family owned businesses are refreshing to experience. Not to mention the excellent steelhead fishing not three miles from the house in either direction. This place is great and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an awesome vacation getaway. I know we will certainly be coming back next year and for many to come.
Great place to stay if you like the lake and wine!
Beautiful home. Well cared for. Needs some light bulbs replaced. Would definitely recommend it.
Amazing waterfront cottage
Great cabin by the water
Our yearly fishing
We had a great time as always, we caught lots of fish and found some beach glass even though the water was high. We are looking forward to coming back next year.
This was a perfect little getaway for us and the kids to unplug and enjoy some time together and make memories to last throughout their lives! We hiked in the creek, watched beautiful sunsets on the lake every night, had campfires at the cottage and on the beach, played basketball, and painted rocks for the collection under the tree. The cottage is beautiful and well cared after. The neighborhood kitty (who we nicknamed Drifter - Drifty for short) was the first to greet us and visited each day. Well maintained dirt roads were like stepping back in time and were great for walks together. Presque Isle is close by and has beautiful sand beaches. We can't wait to visit again!
North East is Erie, PA's Wine Country. It is a small, Great Lakes town with beaches, vineyards, farms, and a quaint downtown shopping and dining area. Winery tasting and tours are offered year round. Summers feature festivals and weekly free concerts in the vineyards, and recreation on Lake Erie. Fall is an exciting time to visit starting with the ripening of the grapes and the incredible aroma that wafts through our area and followed by wine and harvest festivals.
Additional information about rental rates
Summer rentals arrive on Saturday at 4pm and depart on Saturday at 10am. My homes are very clean and neat. This is not a party house. We provide bed linens, towels, WIFI, central air/heat, cable tv, gas grill, dishwasher. Max 8 guests. NO Parties. Must be 25+ years of age to rent. Proof of age will be asked for when reserving. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover payments - no added convenience fee is charged.