Oceanfront Condo at Serene, Uncrowded Gentle Winds Sleeps 6+(22 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5-6 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom, and accommodation for 2 more on 2 queen pullout sofa-bed
-Gentle Winds is one of St Croix's premier condo-resorts. Only 64 units on 66 lush acres. No high-rise. No crowds. (Only about forty units are made available to rent by their owners. The others are used exclusively as vacation homes for their owners.)
-Located centrally on St. Croix's mostly undeveloped scenic North Shore. Gentle Winds is adjacent to Salt River National Park and Ecological Preserve.
-Restaurants, shopping, marina, diving, kayaking,18 hole Robert Trent Jones golf course just minutes away.
-15 minutes from picturesque, historic Christiansted; 20 minutes to Frederiksted
-Gentle Winds has one of the island's most beautiful swim and snorkel beaches and it is virtually private. There is a safety rope demarcating the sandy bottomed swim area. Lounge chairs and tiki huts are numerous and readily available.
-Enjoy one of St Croix's most beautiful pools, an Olympic sized salt water pool (not chlorinated) in a gorgeous setting.
-There are tennis courts, a four hole golf practice green, club house with game room, a tiki bar for drinks and lunch, basketball court and children's play area. Sporting equipment like tennis racquets and golf clubs are available to borrow 24-7 for free!
-Peaceful, friendly ambiance, but lots of exciting activities are available close by.
BE SURE TO READ ON FOR DETAILS AbOUT C-1 ITSELF
* C-1 is a first floor end unit with garden room, and screened porch – a spacious 1520 square feet. C-1 is one of only about a half dozen units with a patio as well.
* Stunning views to pool and sea. You can see the breakers from all the rooms except the bathrooms, and landside bedroom.
* Direct access to the pool area and the beach; just one step down from the patio and a short stroll across the lawn.
* Off-street parking right at the front door
* 2 bedrooms, (1 king, 1 queen) 2 baths, plus queen pull-out sofas in living room and front entry room. Can sleep up to 8.
* Bright, cheerful tropical décor
* Satellite TV, DVD, CD, Roku for streaming thousands of movies, TV programs, sports events, music, etc., Radio, free wireless internet access
* Fully equipped kitchen
* New fridge dispenses ice cubes and crushed ice
* All linens and beach towels provided
* Washer/Dryer in unit
* Ideally sited to capture the refreshing trade winds off the sea. Central A/C if you prefer.
* Ideal accommodations for a romantic hideaway, for families with small children or teenagers, or for seniors.
* Master bath is senior friendly with grab bars for tub and toilet. Also, being a ground floor unit, C-1 has just a few steps)
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2013
- On floor 1
- 1520 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Tucked away between Salt River National Park and Ecological preserve and scenic hillside, Gentle Winds is centrally located for easy access to historic towns and forts, museums, botanical garden, rain forest, numerous other beaches (to visit for a change of scene), Columbus landing site, bio-luminescent waters (one of just seven in the world) and a robust calendar of cultural activities like lectures, plays and concerts. Farmers markets, festivals, agricultural fairs, triathalon, marathon, regattas, etc., (at various times of year)...moreless
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
- Live Theater
- Rain Forests
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Dec 15, 2016
5 night min stay
High Season 2016-2017
Dec 16 - Apr 30, 2017
6 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- Tax Rate 12.5%
25% deposit to hold reservation
Balance due 60 days prior to date of arrival
Your deposit is fully refundable up to 60 days before your arrival date or even later provided the unit can be re-rented.
We will try to match rates for comparable properties. PLEASE INQUIRE!
Refund Policy: more than 60 days prior......Full Refund
Less than 30 days prior............50% Refund
Full Refund if successfully rebooked - Service fee paid to web site however is non-refundable
$100 refundable security deposit to be paid with balance (to cover missing items, accidental damage, etc.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
North central location gives ready access to just about everything on St Croix, which is only 25 miles long and 5 miles wide. Two historic Towns, Christiansted and Frederiksted are just 15 and 20 minutes away with historic churches, forts and museums.There is a marina within walking distance. with kayaking, sailing and a dive center. The world famous 'wall' is just off shore and there are several scuba diving centers to organize dives. A restored Great House is just 15 minutes away and there are so many scenic drives and a robust cultural calendar with concerts, plays, fairs and festivals.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Dr. Evans is a native Cruzan but has lived in Ohio for the last 30 years. We have been visiting St Croix every year and finally found the ideal retirement getaway.
Why the Owner Chose Northcentral, St. Croix, USVI:
C-1 is freshly decorated and has a bright, light, cheerful tropical decor. Gentle Winds is ideally situated in a secure gated community on one of the nicest beaches on one of the loveliest areas of the island, the beautiful North Shore
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
C-1 is special because it is an end unit with a garden room which gives it an expansive feel. It also has a little patio as well as a screened porch (known as a 'gallery' locally) accessible from the living room and the master bedroom. With only nine buildings and a total of 64 units, there is a neighborly atmosphere and every one is friendly yet there is a sense of privacy.
- Primary: +1 6144599125 Mobile: 614 260 9324
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Our olympic size pool filtered by mineral salts, not chlorine. gorgeous setting!
As an end unit with extra garden room C-1 has an open, expansive feel.
A lounging corner with vintage map of the West Indies and shell-filled lamp a
The mirrored bookcase holds an assortment of games and books on St Croix.
Other side of kitchen. Louvered closets conceal pantry and washer-dryer.
Master BRM opens to gallery. Original painting and prints by local artists.
The front room has a queen size sofa-bed for extra guests.
The screened-in porch, known as a "gallery" watch the breakers and hummingbirds
The view from the gallery. See and hear the surf.
Private, uncrowded Gentle Winds beach. Turtles nest at the secluded far ends.
The Community Room/party house w small library, ping-pong table, deck games, etc
"Pirates's lair" children's play area with climbing rope and beach toys
Fantastic views. See and hear the relaxing rhythm of the surf throughout condo
Sunny, cheerful, casual decor in cool, soothing pastels.
Enjoy the view while you dine. Step out to the patio to stroll to beach & pool.
Fully equipped kitchen. Entry and front room w sofabed through arched door.
The newly decorated king-sized master bedroom, pretty blue color scheme
The second bedroom w handy computer desk. Free wi-fi!
Patio off garden room. Very few units have a patio.Step down, cross lawn to beach
Second bath has spacious stall shower
Front of C building with lush landscaping. Parking is directly outside your door
The ever popular Sandy Toes Snack Shack! Gnash and schmooze! Make new friends.
Entrance to Gentle Winds, Royal Palm allee, almost half mile long
Aerial view of Gentle Winds looking East towards Salt River and Buck Island
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM