Base Camp! Near Yellowstone Park & Chico Hot Springs. Pet Friendly.(34 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
2 Bdrm-1 Bath, Handicap Accessible. Located directly off pavement!
- This residence is available by the month. No daily/weekly rates.
- An excellent location, convenient to many activities and attractions.
- Single level living. Wheel chair accessible.
- The home has two bedrooms, a large well-appointed bathroom, a large living/dining area, and well-appointed full kitchen, and a utility room with washer/dryer.
- Our tap water comes from a deep glacial well that tests so pure, & drinkable.
- High Speed WiFi internet. Good signal.
- Large, secure dog kennel, attached to the home with interior access.
- Outdoor ground level deck.
- Large private backyard and 3 acre field for privacy.
- Outdoor fire pit for cooking and/or fireside time.
- 30 minutes to Yellowstone Park north entrance. YNP's only year round entrance.
- 5 minutes to 24-hour gas, atm, groceries, saloons, restaurants.
- 5 minutes to hot springs resort and hot springs pool.
- 5 minutes to non-denominational church.
- 15 minutes to Wilderness area and public national forest
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
- Ground level access from parking area to residence. - ADA compliant doorways. - Single level living. - Accessible bedroom. - Ground level deck. - Accessible toilet. - Step-in shower unit with chair and hand held shower head. Note: shower has 12' riser at entry. Assistance may be needed. - Note: Bathroom sink is cabinet mounted....moreless
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- - Some of the best hiking for both yourself, and your pets, is either on premise, or within 5-10 minutes of this rental. - Yellowstone Park's north entrance is only a 30 minutes drive away. - Leave your bottled water at home. Our tap water is from a deep glacial well and has tested very pure. We test the water regularly to ensure purity standards are met. It is delicious! - We also boast the ability to stock your pantry with groceries, fill up your gas tank, wash your vehicle, pick up a local paper, mail your postcard, soak in a natural hot springs, buy a beer or a burger, have a deluxe dining experience, or catch a trout, within 1-to-5 minutes of your rental space!...moreless
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Unspoiled views of the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness area. Views of Chico Peak, Emigrant Pk. & Mill Creek. View of Gallatin Mtns. to the west. View of Mt. Cowan, the tallest peak in Absaroka Range....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
Ample. Parking is right off the pavement. Room for RV's in 3 acre field. Limited RV amenities (water hookup - power by ext. cord. No dump service) Extra fee of $25.00 per day charged for RV's...moreless
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
Refrigerator and freezer. Gas range and oven. Built in full sized microwave oven and fan. Double sink with garbage disposal. Dishwasher. Eat-in area with bar height table-chairs. Seats 4-5....moreless
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
Lawn / Garden:
Large, spacious yard surrounding the residence, providing a privacy buffer to other town residents. Fire pit and wood provided. Residence also looks out onto a 3 acre private field for guest use....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- One-time Cleaning Fee $100
- Pet Fee $60
- Tax Rate 7%
- A $200.00 damage deposit required. Refund is made in the form of payment that was received.
NO REFUND of ANY payments if cancelled less than 60 DAYS from check-in date. We require 60 days as most travelers have made their plans by then and it is difficult to re-book the residence if cancelled less than 60 days from check-in.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- World Famous Chico Hot Springs Resort is 5 minutes away! Offering you a public olympic-sized natural Hot Springs Pool, and so much more, in a beautiful setting!
- Yellowstone Park's north entrance is only a 30 minute drive.
- We also boast world Class Rock Climbing in Mill Creek drainage,15 minutes away. Also provides hiking access to theA-B Wilderness, picnicking, camping, backcountry drives, fishing.
- Gold panning on public land in Emigrant Gulch is 10 minutes away. Head to the cool woods for a picnic and perhaps find a few flakes of gold in the creek!
- Experience Yellowstone Park's finest, only 30 minutes away! Get an early start so you can beat the traffic and see wildlife moving across roadways in the morning hours!
Year Purchased: 1954
Why the Owner Chose Pray, MT, USA:
The Town of Pray, MT has been in Barbara's family since 1954. Her late husband's grandmother and his mother were long-term Postmasters of the Town and ran the country store. Upon losing prominent family members in 2006-7, Barbara felt she needed to move back to Pray in order to rejuvenate the town and preserve the history of the town. Barbara has enjoyed the area immensely and the local residents have expressed their appreciation for her 'bringing the town back.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
- Our single level, wheelchair accessible residence makes it so simple to enjoy for those with limited mobility, and those who just like to whole convenience of not packing groceries up stairs! -Leave your bottled water at home as our tap water comes from a deep glacial well and tests pure with trace minerals that are good for your body. We test it twice a year and file the results with our county sanitarian. - Having a real U.S. Post Office next door makes this a genuine Town! Mail your postcards and get them stamped by our Postmaster from Pray, MT! -We provide a fire pit and firewood for those starry nights when you want to roast a hot dog or sit by a fire. -Our pet friendly atmosphere ensures your beloved pets have a great vacation too! - The views of the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness area from Pray, the proximity to Yellowstone Park, and Chico Hot Springs, and the benefit of being at a cross road location, means you can get to all these places conveniently from the residence. - 30 minute drive to the north entrance of Yellowstone National Park. This is the only year round entrance to the Park, so winter activities abound here also. - 5 minute drive to a world class hot springs resort, several restaurants, gift shops, espresso shop, 24-hr gas, groceries, saloons, churches, bakery, car wash, Yellowstone River. -Being within 15 minutes of over 1,000,000 acres of public land makes it so convenient for outdoor enthusiasts who want to hike, fish, picnic, exercise your pets, over take a leisurely drive through beautiful forested land.
- Secondary: +1 406-224-0435 Barbara's cell phone
Links to more information:
Welcome to the heart of Paradise Valley.
Eat -In kitchen Area and large pantry.
2nd bedroom with Twin bed.
West end entrance to residence. Chico Peak in the background.
Spacious backyard off ground level deck. Views, and direct access to field.
Large open field providing exercise area and personal space.
View looking S.E. Mt. Cowan, tallest peak in Absaroka Range in background.
Chico Hot Springs Resort. 5 minute drive from residence. Pool open until 11 p.m
N.E. end of Paradise Valley, near Livingston.
Yellowstone Park's Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone and the Lower Falls, near Canyon junction. A must see!
Wildlife sighting in Paradise Valley, south of rental property.
Roomy full service kitchen with modern appliances and room to cook.
Roomy bath with custom shower, handicap toilet area. Glass & stone tile work.
Entrance to residence. (Emigrant Peak in background).
Secure, protected dog kennel with access door to interior of the building.
View of Emigrant Peak from deck.
View from rental backyard looking toward Mill Creek & A-B Wilderness area.
Sunset view from rental residence.
Yellowstone river fishing access is 5 minutes away!
Boiling River. Hot water soaking-year round. 30 minute drive from rental property. Bring your water shoes as river rocks can be slick.
Yellowstone Park's Old Faithful. North Entrance is 29 miles south of Pray, MT.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.