4-bedroom deluxe property completely renovated in 2008/2009. Four bedrooms with queen-sized beds; 1 additional full sofa beds. Beautifully re-done kitchen with all new appliances. Separate wet bar on lower level with beverage center and ice maker in game room with gaming table and billiard/ping-pong table. Game room opens to den with 42' Hitachi TV and sitting area by wood-burning fireplace. Walk out of lower level to large back yard for games. Three full baths--2 with tiled showers and 1 with tiled shower/tub. Upstairs great room includes kitchen with island bar, dining area and living room with wood-burning fireplace. Also TV's in kitchen & all bedrooms. Three bedrooms on upper level, one on lower level plus sleeper sofas in den.
Lakefront property includes 150' shoreline with private dock and gazebo. Five-person Jacuzzi on lower patio. Chaise lounges, eating table and gas grill on upper deck.
Feedback from Past Renters: 1. Private boat ramp was big plus--little tykes could wade into the water to splash; big tykes could wade in, board their floaties and not spill their drinks. N.B. Most Lake Norman properties' shorelines are lined with large rocks, relegating swimming to jumping off the dock (which you may do on this property also).
2. Large, flat back yard was great for family participation in badminton, volleyball, croquet, boccee ball, etc.
3. Lots of activities available inside at night or on a rainy day: billiards, ping pong, gaming table, darts, TV, stereo, games.
4. Quiet cove location to watch ducks and mallards swim by, yet only 1/4 mile from open water.
5. Owner's attention to decorating detail and cleanliness of house were big plusses. Welcoming fresh flowers and chilled wine were thoughtful.
Near-By Amenities: 1. Array of restaurants from 3 to 7 miles away, including steak/seafood, sports bars/restaurants, sushi, Mexican and Chinese, as well as fast food outlets.
2. New, large, upscale grocery store 5 miles from house. ABC store 2 miles away.
3. Within 7 miles of house: Dick's Sports, WalMart, Walgreen's, CVC, Bed 'n Bath, Best Buy, Staples, Lowe's.
4. Within 2 miles of house: marina for pontoon boat and jet ski rentals; large passenger boat for lake cruises/tours.
5. Antique stores in old downtown area--about 9 miles away.