A unique beachfront house with amazing views just a few steps from the sea in El Portillo, Las Terrenas, Samana in Dominican Republic. A stream runs under this beautiful house which features 3 bedrooms with the following setup:
• 1 Master bedroom with one king size bed, A/C, ceiling fan and a bathroom.
• 2 Guests rooms with two(2) queen size beds each and A/C, ceiling fan and a bathroom.
With an organic arquitecture, this house was inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater House. It's high ceilings, large windows and open interior leads you to a breathtaking sea view, while the sound of the stream is present around the house.
This property is made of wood with a cluster type construction, where the social areas and the bedrooms are completely separate.
The interior design of the house is very simple according to the nature surroundings with white and sand tones, providing a peaceful and tranquil environment.
Casa del Rio is inside the private gated community of El Portillo Beach Club & Spa that provides 24 hrs security and a Beach Club with a pool.
The picturesque town of Las Terrenas is just 3 miles away where you will find seaside restaurants, bars, grocery stores, supermarkets, pharmacy, ice cream shops, french bakeries, coffee shops, banks and different convenient stores.
You can get around by bike, quads or taxi. All types of transportation rentals are available in Las Terrenas and can be arranged with your local host.
Transportation is available to/from the airport upon request at an additional cost.
Holidays require more than 3 nights of stay. Christmas and New Years a min. of 10 nights.
Please read carefully the following house rules and important information about our property:
▪ The maximum capacity of the house is 6 guests; no additional person or child is permitted.
▪ Casa del Rio has 2 staff members that will be with you in the house from 8:15am to 4:00pm daily to help you around and make more pleasant your stay. No other staff is allowed in the house including maids or nannies.
▪ If you would like to keep the staff after 4:00 pm and no later than 9:00pm, you must pay them directly an extra of US$5.00 per night to each one for transportation.
▪ Jacqueline and Nelson will help you with the following:
o To set up the dining table for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
o To help you in the kitchen with food provided by the guest.
o To clean the rooms and bathrooms and make the beds every day.
o Drinking water will be supplied in the bedrooms every night.
o Linens (sheets and towels) will be replaced or changed every 3 days.
o To clean and organize the property every day.
o To have the chaise lounges and beach chairs ready for you in the beach.
o To serve you drinks, snack or food provided by the guest.
o To help you slide the bedroom's a/c panels for your comfort. Our 3 bedrooms have air conditioning with sliding plastic panels that will allow you to have a view of the outside while keeping the room cool if you choose. The a/c is included only to use at night, any further use will be billed additionally.
o Jacqueline is available to prepare and cook for you under your request and with the food you provide them at the following additional costs: US$6.00 per lunch and US$10.00 per dinner. *Payment should be made directly to them in cash daily.
▪Towels, bed sheets, soap, shampoo, toilet paper, hair dryer, iron, and beach towels are provided.
▪ As the house is inside a residential community you must obey with the following:
o No parties or high volume music that disrupt neighbors.
o Using other parking spots than the ones assigned to the house.
o Litter or use glass bottles in the beach.
o No pets.
o Inappropriate conduct.
▪ Guest is responsible of inspecting the house upon arrival. Any loss or damage caused to the property during your stay must be covered or replaced before your check out.
▪ No smoking inside the rooms.
▪ No pets allowed
▪ Check-in time: 3pm
Check-out time: 12 noon