Nestled on a hill just outside of Historic Marietta, PA (15 minutes from Historic Downtown Lancaster), this 3,600 square foot, Italianate style ironmaster residence sits on a meticulously landscaped one acre lot. Located two miles from Route 30, the home is centrally located to Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Hershey Park (20 miles) as well as the entire Lancaster County experience.
The entire home has been carefully restored and decorated with an eclectic mix of antiques and art. Features include:
* Spacious rooms with 10+ foot ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing for ample amounts of natural light
* Elaborate woodwork
* Restored original grain painting throughout
* Original plank floors with Persian area rugs throughout
* Streaming music throughout first floor
* High speed WIFI throughout house and grounds
* Central Air Conditioning
* Hundreds of books of all types located throughout the home
The home's exterior features include:
* Three porches, including a forty foot long front porch with elaborate cast iron façade and small dining area, perfect for al fresco dining
* Multiple outdoor seating/dining areas, including one located north of the house with seating for six and a charcoal grill
* Herb garden, located outside the kitchen, for your culinary use
* Nearly an acre of exquisitely landscaped gardens
* Mature trees, including redwood, chestnut, tulip poplar, magnolia, weeping copper beech and many others
* Plenty of parking on the property
First floor highlights include:
* A large, 450 square foot “stainless steel and granite” gourmet kitchen, including all the essentials.
* Coffee burr grinder/french press, traditional coffee maker, and a Nespresso Machine with milk frother for cappuccino/espresso
* Dining room with a 12 foot long table that comfortably seats 10 people
* “Entertainment room” with leather seating and 55” 4K Ultra-HD Smart TV with Hi-Definition Cable, various streaming services (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sling TV, Pandora, Spotify, etc.), Blu Ray DVD player, and state of the art surround sound
* Formal living room with grand piano
The home’s second floor includes:
* Three bedrooms, with a total of five beds: a king-sized bed, two queen-sized beds, a double bed, and a rollaway bed. One of the bedrooms is a 700 square foot, two-room master suite.
* 300 thread count, 100% cotton sateen linens
* Pillows, down comforters and feather beds by Pacific Coast Feather
* Soaps, Shampoo and Conditioner by Tarocco
* Two full bathrooms, including a Master Bath with a large marble walk-in shower, front-loading, high-capacity washer/dryer and marble vanity, and a second bath, which includes a clawfoot tub/shower and period details
* Hairdryer, iron & ironing board
* Second floor porch, accessible from hallway
* Many restored original details, including unique interior tri-fold shutters which fold into the wall when fully closed
This home is located just outside Marietta PA, across the road from the Susquehanna River and Susquehanna River Trail, which connects the historic river towns and villages of Columbia, Marietta, Bainbridge, and Falmouth. Cross the street and you're in the historic river town of Marietta, which features a nice selection of restaurants and taverns and loads of charm.
Guests have access to the entire home and outdoor areas. Please see the photos for some highlights.
The owner will always be immediately reachable to address any and all questions.
Plenty of parking on the property. 5 minute walk to public transit. 25 minute drive to Harrisburg International Airport. 80 minute drive to Baltimore/Washington International Airport. 90 minute drive to Philadelphia International Airport.
I simply expect our guests to treat the home as they would their own. We do not allow pets and the home is non-smoking.
(Photography by Casadei Photography)