Condo, 2 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths (Sleeps 6)
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 18
Quality furniture and secure
The location is remote but if you like quiet, comfortable with nice beach this is your place. Just note not many places to eat within walking distance so having a car is a good idea.
Un viaje perfecto en familia. Todo muy bueno, lindo apartamiento muy bien cuidado y equipado, con una vista preciosa para la marina. Cerca de la playa la cual se puede ir caminando! Volveremos pronto!!
Muchas gracias por elegirnos, y nos alegra que le haya gustado todo. Nos sentimos muy agradecidos por sus comentarios y siempre a gusto de que nuestros visitantes disfruten de su estadía en ese paradisíaco lugar especial. Los esperamos pronto,
Paradise with just one flaw
This was one of the best holidays ever. The apartment is phantastic, exactly like in the photographs, only better. It is clean and well looked after. The beds are extremely comfortable, the lounge is gorgeous and the kitchen provides all you need. We had four days of solid rain, so the internet was important to us not only for business but also pleasure. It worked like a charm, we watched several movies with no problem whatsoever. There is a lot of staff around, so the gardens and surroundings are immaculate and very secure. The walk to the beach or pool is five minutes at the most. We do recommend a car to drive to the "center comercial" in Punta Cana for shopping, restaurants or just a coffee (a 10 - 15 minutes ride).
So what is the flaw? - As one of the other guests already stated, there is more or less every day music being played on the boats directly in front of the veranda. So we never used the veranda, which was a pity because it really is large and lovely, but we did not want to listen the radio. We wanted - like most of the other guests - peace and quiet, which at times even at night was not available. On one Saturday night there was so much noise from the Tiara Hotel on the north side of the Marina that virtually everybody was up in arms about it. I don't think any of the guests could sleep. Finally the guards drove over by car to get them to turn the music (if you can call is that) down. It is a shame really because on the one hand the place is very peaceful and then it is ruined by some people playing the radio while washing the boat down or cleaning the fish, regardsless of guests in the flats nearby.
Other than that we have no complaints and would recommend this place to friends and family alike. If you are not bothered by the music or can put wax in your ear, there is no better place to be. We wish to come back next year if Johnny will have us and stay again for a month.
I'm sure this property is beautiful but.....
.....we weren't able to stay in this specific rental due to water problems in the condo. Johnny was able to secure another unit which was sufficient for what we needed. On our second day, the owner of the unit, Roger, who has a boat in the marina had just come back from fishing. My husband was out on the deck area and Roger greeted him, asked how things were going and gave us one of the fish he caught. Needless to say, dinner was great. Can't get seafood any fresher than that!!
The marina area is beautiful and quiet which we found great. Vacations are important to us and being able to relax and not stress the quietness of the marina was welcoming. We ate at a couple of the restaurants and the food was tasty. We visited the main lobby and the gentleman at the desk was super helpful. The pool area is pretty much empty and we were ok with that. We did a few excursions at Scape Park and had a blast! Highly recommend visiting the Hoyo Azul (Blue Hole). Absolutely beautiful and refreshing.
I can't say enough about Dorys. She was super helpful. Our first week in the DR we stayed 3 hrs away from Cap Cana. On our drive back to the Punta Cana area our GPS was not working and when I reached out to her she was very responsive. Dorys met us and took us to the condo. During our stay we had a couple of issues in the condo and she was able to have maintenance come out quickly to help us.
We had a great time and will definitely come back!
Lovely, quiet complex but numerous issues detracted significantly from enjoyment of the unit
I introduced a colleague to this part of the DR on a long holiday weekend. For only two people, this large condo is spacious and comfortable. The lovely grounds are well-maintained. We enjoyed the pool and the beach close by. The entire complex was quiet and relaxing. However, the following issues were significant enough that neither of us would choose to stay in this particular unit again.
1) Upon booking through VRBO, there was a minor miscommunication regarding local taxes (18%!), from which we are exempt due to our employment status in the DR. We contacted the owner, who refused to make any adjustment, claiming his hands were tied -- which we have since determined is untrue; an owner can arrange partial or full refunds of payments made through VRBO. Moreover, he almost became irate when this came up (and we were being polite and positive, excited about coming). This was an awkward first encounter, but we decided to continue and absorbed the loss. It did, however, leave an unfortunate taste in our mouth before we even arrived.
2) NO HOT WATER! Throughout, it was tepid at best (it wouldn't even melt butter off a knife my friend tried to rinse in the kitchen; she ended up heating water in the microwave just in order to wash our few dishes). In the unit, the owner has a list of "Condo Rules" which indicate the lack of hot water is to be expected on a Caribbean island. This is a flimsy excuse and simply not true. We both live full-time in the Dominican Republic, travel extensively, and have stayed in all kinds of accommodations. There is hot water everywhere!
3) The listing advertises a fitness center on site, which was a big draw for us. But it does not explain the access hours are quite limited (i.e., 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. only, Sundays and holidays). So much for getting in one's early morning workout before heading out for the day.
4) The WiFi was completely OUT for nearly two of our three-day stay. We called the property manager on Friday afternoon upon arrival, but there didn't appear to be any urgency on her part to fix the issue. We had to wait for a tech twice, and were eventually online by Sunday around noon. This meant no movie watching for a rainy night or even checking email No partial refund or even apology was offered for this lack of service.
5) Loud, banging "house" music from nearby marina *every* night.
6) Lots of mosquitoes and no screens meant lovely large patio was virtually unusable. No screens on sliding doors meant no breezes.
Diana, I apologize for not being able to accomodate your request for a full refund one day prior to your arrival. All guests understand that these properties are booked and reserved in advance to prevent others from booking the same dates. If it wasnt like that it could not be at all fair to them, the same way as it is not fair to the owner to lose a booking at the very last minute.
Some issues have been raised that require my response for fairness to future guests. Hot water has never been lacking in my property. We always inform our guests to let the water run for about 3 minutes to allow the hot water to arrive from our boiling system, unfortunately it seems you were not patient enough to wait. That is really unfortunate.
In regards to your wifi issue, you attempted to connect to the private Cap Cana Marina wifi which is provided to boat owners. Condo owners have our own separate hi speed wifi service with our own password always provided to our guests.
Our staff onsite and myself as the owner have been commended and praised for our outstanding service to our guests. Prove of it is the fact shown on our other 31 reviews listed here where 29 of the 32 reviews are 5 star reviews and the other 2 are 4 stars. It is very unfortunate that your experience did not exceed 2 stars. We will always thrive to provide our guests with 5 star accomodations and amenities as we have done for 5 continuous years. Thank you,
Aquamarina Luxury Residences at Cap Cana
Other Activities: Shopping, Boating, Parasailing, Health/Beauty Spa
Golf: Punta Espada Golf Course, #1 in Caribbean and Mexico
- english, spanish