Spanish Style, Ensuites, Walk in Closets, Steps to Langosta Beach Tamarindo(26 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, Shaded Patio plus 1300 Sq Ft Private Terrace & Pergola, BBQ
ATTENTION: Inquiries for information or reservations may have delayed responses until after Feb 3rd, 2017. We are sorry for any inconvenience and will be sure to reply to any pending requests at that time.
Welcome to “La Caja de Joyas” or “The Jewel Box”, our family’s private and relaxing vacation property. We are located in the quiet community of Playa Langosta, Tamarindo. Playa Langosta is small charming community associated with Tamarindo that has a variety of shops and services as well as an amazing beach suitable for family swimming and some of the best surfing in the area. You can beach walk for miles or just relax and enjoy the amazing climate and rustic feel of the area. A short walk, 2 minute drive or bus/taxi takes you into the commercial center of Tamarindo where there are many more shops, clubs and restaurants lining the beach. When not at the beach book an adventure tour, enjoy an afternoon/sunset sailing cruise, go turtle watching, take in a fitness class or just relax and enjoy a frozen Mojito, one of our favorite guilty pleasures while watching the evening sunsets from one of the many beach side restaurants. Or enjoy some delicious Costa Rican coffee at one of the specialty shops close by. And be sure to catch the Saturday Feria (market) where local produce and arts and crafts are offered up or take in live music from one of the many local gathering places.
We provide assistance to guests with transportation, tours and a host of other services to get your vacation off to a great start and the area offer activities for the whole family. Our property is a wonderful mix of Spanish style architecture combined with a clean and modern interior. Rental rates include taxes, all utilities and cleaning prior to check in and at check out. Floors are tiled and countertops are granite throughout. The tray ceilings and custom cabinets and doors add additional interest to the overall attractive interior. There is plenty of space in the open concept kitchen/living area with room to relax, entertain or socialize with family and friends. You'll also enjoy a 1300 sq ft private roof terrace with a covered pergola for BBQ'ing, relaxing or enjoying an evening glass of wine under the stars. The entire 2nd floor living area and 3rd floor terrace combine for 2,700 sq ft of private space for you to enjoy.
WHAT MAKES LA CAJA DE JOYAS SPECIAL?
* Very clean, well kept property, upscale furnishings and décor
* Safe lockable ground floor security gate at the access to the stairs that lead to the 2nd floor condo's main entry door
* large security safe
* Fully equipped modern kitchen, including dishwasher, fridge/ice maker, granite, tile, custom cabinets, electric stove and oven, blender, coffee maker, kettle, knife block, rice cooker, toaster, fully equipped utensils, dishes, pots and pans, paper towel, plastic wrap, tin foil, food storage containers, some spices and extras. Cleaning supplies also kept well stocked.
* Clean and comfortable living room furniture, throws, pillows, nicely decorated, custom rosewood tables, raised kitchen bar with stools
* 42” plasma flat screen TV, housed in a custom built entertainment wall unit
* Apple TV router provides access to your Netflix account or other Apple provided free TV services
* Blueray/DVD player and library of over 60 various titles
* Playing cards and board games
* Shelf of paperback books, "leave one, take one"
* upgraded 3 meg high speed wireless internet Wifi included, dual routers for back up, very reliable, capable of streaming video/movies, accessible from the terrace and pool area.
* High tray ceilings, custom lighting, A/C and two fans in living room, A/C and fans in both bedrooms, ceiling fan on patio
* Large 2nd floor outdoor covered patio overlooking the pool area, furnished with custom teak furniture, cushioned teak sofa to relax and read on, cast iron Castelle raised bar table/chairs, ceiling fan and night lighting, shaded during hot daytime hours
* Two spacious master bedroom suites e/w walk in closets & ensuites, tiled glass wall showers, granite counters
* 3rd two piece guest bathroom off the main living room area
* All linens, towels, beach towels provided for your use as well as hand soap and toilet paper
* Hair dryer and iron/Ironing board provided
* Clock radios, iPod docks, music in each bedroom and living area
* Private laundry room e/w washer/dryer & supplies located outside main entry door away from living room and bedrooms
* Large 1300 sq ft private roof top terrace with shaded pergola for private relaxing, BBQ'ing and star gazing at night
* Resident gardener, maintenance and security person on site 24/7
* Smaller development, 9 units total, sharing pool & common areas, ensures a quiet and relaxing stay
* Dedicated and gated off street parking located right in front of our unit.
* Owner operated, supported by local property manager, 14 years in Tamarindo, many personalized services available, personal check in, check out, accessible any time during your visit.
* "Super Langosta" corner grocery store, "Surf Club" sports bar, restaurants and beach access all 1 - 2 short blocks from condo, easy walking on quiet streets
* Over 50 restaurants, clubs, great shops, multiple tour and activity operators, banks/ATM's, all medical, dental and pharmacy services, all a short 20 minute walk or two minute drive/taxi/bus away in the commercial center of Tamarindo.
Guest receive a full package of information on the property, the area in general, tips and recommendations prior to departure and we enjoy answering questions and helping guests with their trip planning.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2012
- On floor 2
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
There is plenty of space in the open concept kitchen/living area with room to relax, entertain or socialize with family and friends. Furnishings are all new in 2013, custom made in Costa Rica ...moreless
There is assigned off street gated parking for each of the 9 condo units spread across three individual buildings in the overall property along with an additional guest parking area. Room for more....moreless
- Towels Provided:
Private laundry room located right outside the main entry door on the 2nd floor provides convenient washer and dryer away from the living area. Fully stocked cleaning supplies, laundry soap....moreless
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Cooking Utensils: service for 8 Refrigerator: side by side Ice Maker Dishwasher Ceramic Stove Top Electric Oven Stainless appliances Granite counter tops Microwave Coffee Maker Blender Toaster ...moreless
Deck / Patio:
A large patio accessible from the living area or master bedroom overlooks the pool so you can enjoy the outdoors from the 2nd floor while staying in close touch with anyone using the pool area. ...moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 1 - Nov 30, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $23 per night, per additional guest
Dec 20 - Jan 2, 2018
7 night min stay
Jan 3 - Apr 14, 2018
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $30 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
NOTE: RATES ON THE TABLE CAN BE DISPLAYED IN US OR CANADIAN CURRENCY. Currency selectable, top right corner of table. Please inquire for monthly rates.
Holiday season Christmas & New Years, $1,950.00 US per week, 1 week minimum, 5 persons maximum. Please inquire for Canadian rates.
Rates include in-person check in/out between 8am-5pm, taxes, all utilities and cleaning. No additional/hidden charges. A $500 US security deposit (cash or credit card) is due before check in, returned after check out.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Almost limitless options for shopping, restaurants, tours, activities of all sorts. Tamarindo is well developed but retains a very rustic non commercial feel. Beaches are amazing, weather in this spot on the Nicoya Peninsula is some of the driest, nicest weather in all of Central America. It is what attracted so many to this location after the International Airport was opened in Liberia, about 45 minutes from Tamarindo.
Year Purchased: 2013
About: We are a retired couple who enjoy our second home in Costa Rica and are happy to share it with others when we are not there. Our objective is to provide the most relaxing and enjoyable experience we can in the same manor that we enjoy Tamarindo/Playa Langosta. We stay in close touch with our guests and have a friend and property manager who lives in Tamarindo that will support your stay as well. He can be reached at any time and provides many additional personalized services to the very few properties he manages. As a retired couple we have set the property up as our second home and leave it as we use it for our guests. You will find it very comfortable, clean and well maintained.
Why Playa Langosta, Costa Rica:
This condo it is perfectly located between the pristine, undeveloped white sand beach of Playa Langosta, with its estuary and ocean breezes, sea birds, amazing sunsets, and Tamarindo beach with all its shops, beach side restaurants, services and activities. The community of Playa Langosta has a rustic charm and provides visitors with an amazing Costa Rican experience. Howler monkeys are known to visit our terrace from time to time and are always close by! This is our second home and we travel extensively throughout Costa Rica every year but have never found a place we would rather hang our hats than at La Caja de Joyas in Playa Langosta.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Very safe and secure, locked security gate at ground floor entry to private stairway leading to the 2nd floor condo. Large security safe for storing smaller laptops, tablets, and all your other important items and documents. Roof top is an open terrace with a BBQ, pergola and great for star watching at night. The shaded patio is critical with such warm tropical days. Facing west it remains cool and comfortable for most of the day and is overlooking the pool area so constant contact between the patio and pool area is easy and convenient for any family or group. Our internet/WiFi service is an upgraded version providing higher access speeds and supporting good audio and video/streaming services. We have two modern WiFi routers on site. One Cisco Linksys and one Apple ensuring easy and reliable connections. Costa Rica and this area have experience water shortages in the past. Daytime water has been cut off to the entire area at times. Should this happen our Villa Guapinol complex has a reserve water tank and private water pump which ensures water services are extended during those times. This is an important feature to check when inquiring about properties in the area, especially during the very hot, dry season from Dec - May.
- Primary: +1 587-989-5403
- Secondary: +506 26529302
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Lots of room for families, guests, custom furnishings made in Costa Rica
Custom Made Furnishings, Easy Access to Patio Overlooking the Pool Area
Shaded 2nd fl patio overlooking the pool, teak furniture, lounger, fan, lighting
Private roof top terrace, shade & sun, located directly above 2nd fl living area
Master Bedroom #2, Queen & Twin, Walk in Closet, Ensuite, AC/Fan
Both bedrooms have ensuites and walk in closets, granite counters, shower no tub
Pool very private, sheltered & with lots of light,cleaned multiple times daily
Villa Guapinol Condominiums Roadside View, 9 Units Including La Caja de Joyas
Howler monkeys passing by La Caja de Joyas.
Tamarindo Beach at Sunset, From One of Many Beachside Restaurants
Visitor to Our Patio
Coffee Maker, Blender, Toaster, Kettle, Knife Block, Emergency Lanterns
Private shaded roof top terrace with BBQ, night lighting, relaxing, star gazing
Master Bedroom #1, Queen Bed, patio access, walk in closet, ensuite, AC/Fan
Day Bed, Walk In Closet, Juliet Balcony off Master Bedroom #2
Bathrooms with open style Glass Wall Showers, Granite Counters
BBQ area by pool, La Caja de Joyas has a private gas BBQ on roof terrace.
La Caja de Joyas Security Gate at Stair Entry to 2nd Floor and Roof Terrace
Picture taken on trip to southern Nicoya, green belt beside condo, lots of birds
Playa Langosta - Just Steps Away From Your Door
Playa Langosta at Sunset
Constantly on the hunt, fun to watch.
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Thursday, January 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.