This charming waterfront cottage on 6.5 private acres sits among swans and eagles on Marylands beautiful Eastern Shore. This professionally decorated cottage is packed with modern ammenities and charm. Waterfront Pool, Dock with seating boat slip with and water and electric; 1 canoe and 3 two person kayaks, woodburning fireplace and outdoor firepit with firewood supplied, tv's in each bedroom, A/C, covered deck with grill and arbor, dvd with large selection of movies, Wii entertainment system, private sandy beach, Hamocks and crab traps.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
Cottage, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 9)
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Jun 17, 2018
About Brian Harlan
My background includes custom home building, real estate brokerage and hotel management. I have taken great pride in setting Cedar Point up to be the perfect destination for your family.
Brian Harlan purchased this Cottage in 2002
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
The house is very well maintained. Great little beach for young ones to play in the sand and wade in the water. We caught fish and crabs off the dock every day. The pool is an added bonus. Lots of lawn space for running around and playing too. Beautiful sunsets! Would highly recommend.
Great week on the Chesapeake
We spent a great week on the water. Four of us and our dog. We used the pool every day. The dog was in the Chesapeake every day. We had only 10 minutes of light rain the whole week -- couldn't have been better. Fishing and crabbing from the dock. No giant fish - but fun and relaxing. Bald eagles were flying overhead! Grilling and campfires every night. Flying kites in the large yard. Kayaking and canoeing every day. Long bike rides to Cambridge. We planned our vacation somewhat late and spontaneously. Brian was very flexible and accommodating enabling our vacation to happen. He communicated almost immediately to my emails - making the whole process quite smooth. The house was set up perfectly. We'll remember this fondly for a long time.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful home with us! We spent a nice long weekend relaxing by the water, fishing, kayaking, and making smores ! We loved every minute of being there and did not want to leave!
In my opinion this is the perfect place to stay on the eastern shore. During our stay it was rainy and sunny. On the rainy days we lit a fire in the amazing oversized fireplace inside and played games and cooked. The inside design of the house is perfect for this type of fellowship. On the other days, we caught sunrises, sunsets, fish and crabs! I enjoyed reading on the beach while others kayaked and fished. The fire pit was perfect for conversation and s'mores.
Would love to stay here every year, twice a year!
Still smiling - possibly our best shore vacation, EVER
We had THE. BEST. VACATION. EVER at Cedar Point and I can’t thank Brian and family enough for the chance to experience the amazing people, seafood, and life of Church creek. We vacation on the shore regularly, but this one was special. So relaxing, so friendly, and a house so perfectly set up to do what you need to do on vacation, and that is RELAX. There were so many incredible experiences in one week that I can’t name them all, but I will try to - and include some suggestions for anyone else staying there, as follows:
- Crabbing - yes, yes, yes! So easy and so much fun - crab from the dock and enjoy the fruits of your labor that same day
- On the water - the kids swam in Church Creek EVERY DAY. No jellies, amazingly enough. They also kayaked (we brought some little sit-on-tops) and I have a SUP that I paddled around - if you haven’t tried SUP, it’s very relaxing. Unless kids are with you, then it’s less so
- In the water. The kids spent all day in swimsuits. They were either on the creek, in the creek, or in the pool - so lovely
- Emily’s - we shopped there almost every day. GREAT suggestion to try it - super fresh farm food - and the bacon. Mmmm, the bacon. Oh, and the honey. And the corn. Mmmm, mmm.
- Soft and Salty - Jo Ann down at Ragged Point!!! - the BEST crab cakes in the area - AND SHE HAS SMITH ISLAND CAKE!!
- Jet-skis! We rented from Blackwater at the Hyatt - $65 for 30 mins, but worth it to tick it off the bucket list. vroom, vroom
- Fishing - the highlight of the week was going out on the Bay for an afternoon/evening of tubing and fishing. We all had an incredible time - caught 4 rockfish which we ate the next evening with Jo Ann’s crab cakes and Emily’s corn. It was a feast fit for a king. Combined with RAR beer (from Cambridge - great microbrewery). Also awesome.
- Fine dining - we ate at Bistro Poplar on Sunday when they do tapas - amazing tapas, perfect for a nice dinner out - would highly recommend it
We love the house, the location, and the people of that area. We had a flat tire while driving around and everyone stopped to see if we were ok. Then we went to the garage in Cambridge where they wouldn’t take any money for detecting a small hole but realizing that the tire was mush. We were there 45 mins - no fee. And they told us about Smith Island cake. Talk about good people.
Fabulous Vacation Home!
I never write reviews, but feel compelled to share my thoughts on this wonderful vacation property. The home was extremely clean, up to date, and very welcoming. I felt comfortable the moment I walked through the door. As we pulled up to the property upon arrival, my family spontaneously gasped in awe at the beauty of the house and waterfront that came into view. I was amazed that the property and home precisely matched the on-line description. We spent the week relaxing, swimming in the pool, kayaking, and fishing off the dock. It never got old! There is not much to do in the surrounding area, which was fine with us, since my husband and I, along with our 3 young adult children and our nephew wanted a quiet hideaway. I contacted Brian twice with questions and he responded quickly. He also called me on our first day, to alert me of a minor issue which was quickly resolved. I must admit that I am a homebody, and by the end of a vacation I usually look forward to going home. However, this was not the case during our week, as I would have loved to stay longer. I would certainly return to Cedar Point in the future. Thank you, Brian, for sharing you home!