Enjoy the convenience of staying in one of Washington’s finest and most sought-after neighborhoods. Our Georgetown Gem is a cozy and sunny 100+ year old end-unit row house in Georgetown’s East Village. This 624 square foot home has been thoughtfully renovated and features a new kitchen and marble bath. The granite counters wrap around to form a counter for sitting and dining. French doors open to the brick patio with seating for 4, enjoy a meal or beverage alfresco while you plan your day! Upstairs you will find 2 bedrooms, one with a queen bed and the other with 2 twin beds, and a newly remodeled bath with glassed in shower.
The kitchen has all the essentials you will need to prepare a full meal from the items you pick up at the local farmer’s markets or neighborhood markets.
Walk to the DuPont Metro Station or take one of many buses that ply nearby P, Q or M Streets to downtown, the National Mall or Golden Triangle.
• Keyless entry
• Full kitchen, (no dishwasher) with new appliances, granite counters
• New wall mounted TV
• Strong WIFI and cable
• Under-counter washer/dryer
• Patio with seating
• Neighborhood markets, cafes, restaurants
• Walkability index: 94
• Irresistible charm!
Georgetown is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Washington, DC and because of its prime location on the Potomac River served as a major port and commercial center during colonial times. Among its lovely tree lined streets you will find the stately historic homes of the wealthy merchants who made their fortunes in this former tobacco port. Today, Georgetown is a vibrant community with upscale shopping and restaurants along its cobblestone and brick streets.
The location is marvelous, walk a mere 4 blocks to the wonderful cafes, restaurants and shops that line the main commercial street of Georgetown, M Street. To name just a few diversions, within a short walk you can…
• Visit museums and galleries - Phillips Collection, Anderson House
• Stroll along the C&O Canal or the recently renovated Georgetown Waterfront
• Play or picnic in the park - The Rose Park, Montrose Park, Francis Park, and the historic Old Stone House Garden
• Dine at some of Washington’s finest restaurants– Fiola Mare, 1789, Chez Billy Sud, The Grill Room
• Dine at some of Georgetown’s great neighborhood restaurants
• Pop into a cafe
• Pick up farm-fresh produce at the farmer’s markets – Rose Park & DuPont Circle
• Stroll through fabulous historic gardens – Tudor Place and Dumbarton Oaks
• Enjoy live jazz – Blues Alley
• Pick up a gourmet meal and nice bottle of wine – Dean & Deluca
• Splurge on a cupcake – Georgetown Cupcakes aka DC Cupcakes or Baked & Wired
Walkability Index: 94, Transit Score: 75, Bike Score: 86
You can find numerous city buses plying nearby P, Q and M St to take you where you need to go. Alternatively, you can walk 8 blocks to reach one of 2 Metro stations:
• DuPont Circle Metro Station - Red Line
• Foggy Bottom Metro Station – Blue, Orange, Silver lines
Visit the Metro website Trip Planner to plan your travel throughout the city.
Capitol Bike Share rental racks are throughout the city as well register ahead of time then hop on a bike at the nearby DuPont Circle racks for a one-way rental to the National Mall.
Rental cars are parked throughout Georgetown, register in advance for Car2Go and ZipCar websites.
Uber and Lyft drivers are abundant as well.