Located in downtown Dundee – the heart of Willamette Valley’s renowned wine country – with numerous vineyards, tasting rooms and several popular restaurants within a ~.3 - 1 mile distance!
Home to many award winning wineries that contribute to this area’s world class standing in the global wine community, Dundee sits ~25 miles southwest of Portland and ~55 miles east of the Oregon Coastline – making it a great central base for visiting some of Oregon’s treasured places, sights and activities.
* No third party property management fees to be added into price structure.
About Our Bed & Breakfast Space:
Sitting at the very center of everything to do with Dundee, our B&B space entails the lower level of our custom home and is fully secluded from the upper level via a locking interior door at the base of the staircase – creating 100% privacy between floors and includes private entry/exit via the back yard which is also dedicated for our guests.
We are avid travelers ourselves, and within our B&B space we’ve strived to create a relaxed and comfortable setting to sink into at the end of a full day.
It offers 2 bedrooms, both with queen beds, quality mattresses and pillows, and 800 thread count sheets and pillow cases. It additionally has a full double-sink bathroom w/tub & shower stocked with luxury cotton towels; and a nicely appointed central area with a gas fireplace, Italian leather sectional, casual dinette area (no cooking/sink facilities), mini-fridge, wine cooler, microwave oven, and plenty of tableware, wine glasses, etc. And we have a truly exceptional housekeeper that keeps the place sparkling clean.
The back yard has an open seating area and an outdoor dining area, both with slight views toward the southeast hills. (The sun hits the open seating area in the morning and falls behind it late afternoon which coordinates with a.m. coffee & p.m. relaxation times. At night this area is illuminated by ground lights, making for an ongoing comfortable setting.)
* Breakfast includes assorted Keurig coffees and teas, pastries, yogurt, granola, and chilled water to have on your own as a jump start to your day.
* Popcorn and soft blankets are provided for evening downtime. (Along with some board games, TV includes all major movie channels and is accompanied by an assortment of DVD’s.)
And while our B&B space is a private setting for guests to unwind on their own, we are always available for anything you might need assistance with.
We often have guests comment our place is a nice setting for those that enjoy the ability to walk to town yet also enjoy the quietness that comes with being a few blocks away from Hwy 99, and plan on dining at our neighborhood restaurants as part of their in-town experience. We share this feedback in the spirit of helping others assess their needs.
For guidance toward wineries and restaurants to visit:
The Willamette Valley is home to ~500 wineries segmented into five distinct wine growing regions: Dundee Hills; Yamhill-Carlton; Eola-Amity Hills; McMinnville; Ribbon Ridge; and Chehalem Mountains. We provide a handout covering what we and our friends humbly suggest is a “preferred ~30 starter plan” that includes all five of these regions, and along with tasting facilities, also entails some vineyards and wine production facilities. This list considers wine quality/value, views/scenery, and overall potential for a fun visit. Six entries on this list are within 1.5 miles from us. (We also provide an information binder that notes local restaurants, convenience stores, etc., and we’re happy to offer suggestions toward any other aspect of your visit.)
Other things to note:
* Our place is a pretty quiet setting (no kids or dogs) though we do have a couple cats, so it’s possible you might hear some little paws on the move once in a while.
* Housekeeping: During your stay we only enter the space to replace tableware and replenish breakfast items. All other housekeeping needs are left to our guests’ personal efforts which are greatly appreciated. (In the spirit of water conservation we don’t change out bedding sheets, bath towels, etc., though additional related items are available.)
* While we note check-in time is from 4p.m. and on; we are often able to accommodate earlier arrival needs though this requires advanced confirmation.
* Several days prior to your arrival you’ll receive a message covering parking and entry access. And inside the space there will be a welcome letter with brief notes to help you settle in.
* Parking: There’s parking for two vehicles on an extended private driveway.
* Lastly, all photos have been taken from phone cameras and we hope to exceed expectations based on them. (We’re continually updating the overall décor and hence professional photos at this time stand a chance of becoming obsolete.)
(Regarding instant booking settings: Please note we have ‘instant booking’ set up only for reservations seven plus days out simply because we can’t guarantee next-day availability, though we’re usually able to accommodate reservation requests with 48 hours lead time.)
Surrounded by vineyards, our location sits right up the street from the center of town – and perhaps its greatest amenity is its “walkability factor” to the neighborhood restaurants and wine tasting rooms. (As outlined in the following section.)
It’s also a nice neighborhood for walks among the residential streets with some viewpoints of the southeast hills – which on clear days include views of Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, and the nearby Parrett Mountain hillside. (This might be particularly attractive for anyone who may wish to start or finish their day with some quick exercise.)
And there’s deer – quite a few of them – walking our streets on a daily basis; so you have a fair chance of coming across them at any time. They are friendly and used to hanging out in our neighborhood!
As earlier noted, with the vast amount of wineries throughout the Willamette Valley, there’s endless journeys one can organize, though this requires vehicle transportation as Dundee does not have public transit. (For those looking to cover a lot of ground, there are helicopter-based wine tours that may be worth exploring.)
You can learn more about the five distinct wine growing regions and all the wineries involved by visiting the websites for “Willamette Wines” and “Oregon Wine Press.” The “Willamette Wines” site also has a page that covers tours/drivers throughout the area.
Meanwhile, in total there are ~22 tasting rooms (some include vineyards/wine production facilities) and 8 popular restaurants within 1.5 miles from our location:
.4 miles: Antica Terra, Domaine Trouvere, Methven Family / .5 miles: Argyle, Chapter 24, Fox Farm, Alit, Dobbs Family Estate / .6 miles: Hawkins Cellars, Zerba Cellars / .7 miles: Cameron / .8 miles: Evening Land, Le Cadeau, Domaine Roy, Tertulia Cellars, Purple Hands, Angela Estate / .9 miles: Furioso, Four Graces / 1.1 miles: Dusty Goose / 1.3 miles: Hyland Estates / 1.4 miles: Winderlea
.4 miles: Red Hills Market, Dundee Bistro, Dundee Bistro Wine & Bubble Bar, Tina’s / .5 miles: Red Hills Provincial, La Sierra Grill / .8 miles: Babica Hen Cafe, Chan’s.
Beyond these places, and beyond the world of wine, greater Dundee and the Willamette Valley offer a vast array of restaurants, events, and sights to take in. Also from our location, downtown Newberg is just 2.8 miles and it has some nice restaurants, shops, and wine tasting rooms. And ~12 miles in the opposite direction lie the cities of McMinnville and Carlton – offering more restaurants, shops, wine tasting, breweries, etc., … making for further great places to walk around!