This 2 bedroom, fully furnished condominium is located in the Truman Annex, a gated community of private homes and condominiums. Freshly painted and upgraded with custom bedspreads, new key west style furniture, outdoor grill, all flat screen televisions, comfortable outdoor furniture,queen bed with two twin beds that are easily converted to a king sleeper, a sofa sleeper, full kitchen,living room, new washer/dryer and two private balconies one overlooking the swimming pool. Free assigned parking spot and Free Wi-fi. Steps from famous Duval Street, sunset celebration and all the downtown action one desires.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay5 - 7 nights
2 bedroom with Pool View
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Aug 15, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
You cannot stay at a better location in Key West. 5 minutes away from Duval street in a charming condominium complex. The condo has everything you need (however there are no beach chairs or umbrellas so you might want to bring those if you are driving). Very close to truman Annex (beach entry is 2.50 a person). There is a lovely pool right out your door, complex is quiet and clean and bed is very confortable.
Perfect spot for us!
Cute and well nicely appointed apartment. The condo is a short walk to the center of Key West. It's also a short bike ride to Zachery Taylor park. Great restaurants are all around. We loved it. The pool was right across from condo and well maintained. Well be back.
Great time in n Key West.
Nice, clean condo. Steps from the pool and Duval is just a short walk away. Easy check in and check out. We would stay again.
Nice Location with Great Pool View
Nice location and great pool view from the second floor balcony. After a bumpy start the rest of the stay went well. Small, but was find for the four of us. A few issues or needed improvements:
1. The directions for getting the key changed after we booked super early. The property manager and VRBO did not change (update) the instructions, even what we received a week before arrival. Therefore we went to the wrong location and didn't find the key. Had to call the property manager who thought she had sent us the new instructions, but apparently it wasn't changed in VRBO. After a early morning flight and a long drive in from Fort Lauderdale, we were tired and didn't need this confusion. Property manager spent too much time explaining what she thought she had done instead of taking ownership and sincerely apologizing for what had happened.
2. We thought that we have a security issue with the same key opening the common door and the unit's door. After a day and a half, found out that these were special keys where both unit's keys opened up the common door but would only work on their own unit. Property manager was proactive and had maintenance there the very next morning. But neither property manager nor maintenance knew about the special key situation.
3. Mattresses and linens needed to be upgrade. 3 out of 4 complained about the thinness and lack of firmness on the mattresses that kept from getting a good night's sleep and bothered their backs.
4. Kitchen faucet was about to break. Was told since the unit was going to be remodeled this year, it wouldn't be replaced.
5. Many cracked tiles and a tears on the sofa.
6. Bathroom caddy rusting.
Despite the above, we had a good stay and would recommend it to others with the understanding that it's not pristine and in need of some TLC upgrading.
Thank you for your review. I decided to change the check-in procedure from my office to checking-in directly at the property to make it easier. I notified you twice about this change. The first time was on Sept 17th and the again on 11/30 in which you acknowledge the change. See below text on VRBO.
Mario stated,"Thanks for this additional info. We’ll reach out to you again as we get closer to our week in February to get the latest and see if we have any questions".
Sun 9/17/2017 9:38 PM EDT
I stated, "Thank you Mario. You are set for now. You will check in directly at the property. The address is 620 Thomas Street. The gate code is 0218. The parking spot is 256 and your rental is located by the pool. It is #256 and the lock pad code to the door is 13__.
Enjoy your stay,
Sun 9/17/2017 7:21 PM EDT
I stated, "Thank you for your final payment. You will check in directly at the property. The address is 620 Thomas Street. The gate code is 0218. The parking spot is 256 and your rental is located by the pool. It is #256 and the lock pad code to the door is 13__.
Enjoy your stay,
Thu 11/30/2017 6:09 PM EST
Payment 2 paid
Payment 2 paid
I have a very high rating and just had an Attorney stay at the property for a month in which she never mentioned an issue with the sheets or bed. She has even booked again for next year.
I will check-in on the faucet issue.
Again thank you for your review and I am happy you enjoyed your stay.
Extremely convenient and relaxing location
We enjoyed our stay at the Shipyard Condominiums at the Truman Annex. Our condo was on the second floor and overlooked the pool allowing quick trips to enjoy a swim in the mornings or afternoons. The location is just far enough away from the noise on Duval (5 minutes) but close enough to easily traverse the entire length from Mallory Sqaure (15 minutes) to the Southern Most Point (20 minutes) without the need or expense of a rental car. The interior was clean and well equipped with kitchen utensils, bath towels, etc. All the appliances and electronics were in working order and we enjoyed relaxing on the upper decks for breakfast or evening meals. We did use a Lyft to and from the airport and for a trip to the Key West Golf Club. Each trip was under $20. We also made easy walks to three different beaches during our week stay. There was only one additional item we would pack next time, a collapsible wagon to carry our groceries or beach towels, etc.
Great location. Had everything I needed.
Located inside the Truman Annex just steps from the President Truman's Little White House, Eco Discovery Center and Fort Zachery Taylor Beach. Famous Duval Street short block away. Location, Location, Location