Serene Hideaway Steps from National Forest
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Appalachian Lady Bug is a 15-year-old home built by local craftsmen. The cabin is adorned with reclaimed barn wood, handcrafted metal work, masonry and woodwork. The result is a true taste of Appalachia, yet it hosts all the conveniences of a modern home. The amount of artistic detail and variety of wood and stone used in the construction of the cabin give it a purely “one of a kind” feel. The cabin is newly renovated and decorated in folk art from the area. This property is uniquely nestled in the National Forest which can be observed from the covered porch and an outdoor kitchen area which opens into a large patio and fire pit.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 960 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Need a weekend away from the hustle and bustle? Come watch the sunset over the ridge and sit on the porch listening to the creek. Come see how the stars look and how the mountain air smells when you get away from suburbia. I welcome you to an unforgettable stay in one of the most serene places on earth, a place we have come to call the Appalachian Lady Bug. The cabin is ideally suited for two couples with kids or a small group. Hunters, anglers, bikers, hikers and horse riders will find this an ideal base camp for sporting activities. It has two bedrooms, each with a sleeper loft and independent full bath. The kitchen is fully equipped and the living area is appealing and cozy. Most of your time, however, will probably be spent outside on the spacious deck or patio....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 - Mar 31, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $50
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Cleaning Fee $85
Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
The location of the cabin offers seclusion, yet is easily accessible to active vacationers. It is located only 4 miles from Amicolola State Park, 12 miles from Dahlonega, and 15 miles from Dawsonville. The immediate area offers a myriad of outdoor activities including hiking, hunting, horseback riding, and fishing, but is also a great place to just sit and read a book.
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: Hi folks! Thank you for your interest in my cabin. A bit about me... I am a native Georgia girl, a mom, a wife and a librarian (no bun and glasses for me, though!) My husband and I live 30 minutes from the cabin with our 2 children and our crazy dog Mangus.
Why the Owner Chose Dahlonega, GA, USA:
This house is near and dear to me, and I lived here for 12 years. After re-marrying, my husband and I wanted to keep the place and thought it would be great to fix it up and share it with others. It is one of those places that just makes you feel good. While the inside is lovely, I have probably spent more hours on the porch just 'being' than anywhere else. It is cool in the summer, lush in the spring, glorious in fall, and as cozy as can be in the winter.
- Primary: + 404-731-4565
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front porch with custom folk art.
Cozy kitchen with custom cabinetry and woodwork.
View of loft in upper bedroom.
Huge custom-tiled shower in upper bedroom.
Sleeper loft with full bed. Great for the kids.
Huge custom tiled shower in lower bath.
Small path leading to fire pit.
All the comforts of home with plenty of storage and cooking needs.
Serene upper bedroom.
Twin loft, best view in the house.
Downstairs bedroom with queen bed
Office nook in lower bedroom.
View upon arrival.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 04, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.