Venture off the grid and into the great outdoors as you stay at 'Dreamtime Cabin,' a 3-bedroom, 2-bath vacation rental house that sleeps 6 in Ponderosa. Perched high above at 7,000 feet, this cozy log house is a true mountain escape, hidden away in the pines of the Sequoia National Forest. Whether you're here for a secluded writer's retreat or an annual family vacation, or even for trout fishing or snowmobiling, you'll find all you need and more at this dreamy cabin-like home.
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Twin-over-Twin Bunk Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Living Room: Full Futon | Additional Sleeping: Twin Daybed
Leave those dusty hiking boots behind and take time to relax after a long day of exploration. Kick back on the living room couches under the large windows, where the sunshine warms your shoulders and the wood-burning stove thaws your frozen toes.
While you relax downstairs, the kids can retreat upstairs to the loft. This space is equipped with board games, books, a keyboard, and a flat-screen TV with a DVD player to keep the little ones entertained during leisurely afternoons spent inside.
Refuel your fellow adventurers with a hearty home-cooked meal each evening. Send the grillmasters outside to fire up the catch-of-the-day on the gas grill, while side dishes are prepared inside the fully equipped kitchen. Set out appetizers for friends at the breakfast bar until the main course is served at the adjacent 4-person dining table.
Bring a bottle of California red outside on the wraparound deck, as the sunset peeks through the pine trees - signaling the end to another day in paradise. When the evening air grows cold, venture back inside to rest upon a queen bed in the first bedroom, or on a twin-over-twin bunk bed in the second bedroom, while others head upstairs to sleep on the queen bed in the third bedroom.
'Dreamtime Cabin' sits right in the heart of the Golden Trout Wilderness Area. Bring along the bait and tackle for unbeatable fishing conditions along the many creeks and rivers that call the Kern Plateau home. You'll find various small streams within walking distance from the home, and entry into Kern River just a 40-minute drive away.
A day of adventure awaits you, right outside your door! Spend the day trekking across the many Ponderosa hiking trails, brimming with giant Sequoia groves and rocky mountaintop vistas. If you're visiting in the winter, bring the snowmobiles along to cruise the snow-packed trails in style!
If you're visiting to see the sights, you'll find the heart of Sequoia National Park just 2 hours away, and Kings Canyon National Park just an hour further. Visit Sequoia Park to see General Sherman and the John Muir Trail, or venture to Kings Canyon to experience crystal clear mountain lakes and the beautiful Roaring River Falls!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, a flat-screen TV with DVD Player, wood-burning stove, wraparound balcony, gas grill, built-in room wall heaters, electric blankets, on-site parking for 4 vehicles, and much more!
- Beautiful Ponderosa location - Nestled in the Sequoia National Forest with trout streams, hiking trails, and snowmobiling routes surrounding!
- Nearest International Airport: Fresno Yosemite International Airport, 5175 E Clinton Way, Fresno, CA 93727 (~ 114 miles away from the property)
- Nearest Domestic Airport: Visalia Municipal Airport, 9501 W Airport Dr, Visalia, CA 93277 (~ 74.6 miles away from the property)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that 4-wheel drive or all-wheel drive is necessary in the winter months to access the property
- Please note that the property does not have cell phone service. Cell phone service is available in Springville, found an hour away from the property. There is a landline at the property for emergencies. Cell phones may work if they have WiFi calling enabled
- This property can comfortably sleep 6 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 9 guests with prior homeowner approval (please inquire with Evolve)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in