Roomy Casual Comfort Near Downtown, Beach! Walk to Restaurants, Bars, Shem Creek(132 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-5 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
In 'Old Mount Pleasant' near Downtown Charleston, Shem Creek, Beach: 3 BR, 2 BA
OUR GUESTS SAY IT BEST:
"...knowing the area, I selected Vincent & Pearl...wonderful decision."—March 2016
"...super charming and it is a HOME...extra comforts...impeccably clean."—March 2015
"...second time...always clean, comfortable and spacious."—Nov 2016
"...perfect...clean, roomy, just as advertised."—Nov 2016
"...going to book again for my other son's wedding."—Sept 2016
"...quiet, central, clean neighborhood."—Jan 2016
"...home was extremely clean."—Nov 2015
"...clean, cozy, quiet and left nothing to be desired."—August 2015
"...affordable and worth every penny!!"—June 2015
"...spacious, quiet, did I mention CLEAN!!"—July 2015
"...everything you need in an awesome location."—Feb 2015
"...my father in law decided quickly that it's the best place he'd stayed ever!"—Dec 2014
"...perfect place for my family my parents, children…booked again for our next trip."—Dec 2014
"...owner beyond accommodating when traveling from all over the country."—Oct 2014
"...convenient to anything you could possibly need!"—July 2014
"...ample cotton linens, super fresh."—March 2015
"...spacious, cozy and accommodating!"—Sept 2014
"...beds were super comfy."—Nov 2014
"...referring to it as 'home' soon after arriving!" —Jan 2015
"...such a relaxing place for us after a very long day of bridesmaids' dress shopping."—Jan 2015
"...the only one I can easily give 5 stars to."—Oct 2014
"Luckily, we stumbled on Vincent & Pearl!"—March 2015
RELAXING, ALL-ON-ONE-LEVEL RANCH HOME
CASUAL AND ROOMY INSIDE AND OUT:
• Lots of couches and chairs create a variety of seating areas
• Low fuss decor with eclectic art on the walls
• Kitchen is open to living, dining and TV areas so you're never left out of the conversation.
• Hardwood/tile floors throughout
• Ceiling fans throughout
• Hall door to living area closes to create 3-bedroom suite (including bathrooms) for privacy
• Patio with tables and chairs, propane grill, screened porch with table and chairs
• Detached garage
• Beach gear
The house has an easy flow. When morning light streams into the common areas you feel the Lowcountry calling! Later, relax outside in the evening breezes while Shem Creek sounds of nature surround you beneath the massive live oak and stars.
THREE BEDROOMS AND OTHER SLEEP OPTIONS:
• Queen bedroom w/private bathroom (queen bed)
• Double bedroom (double or "full" bed)
• Twin room (two twin beds)
• Common area (one twin bed)
• Also: two twin and two queen air mattresses, one compact foldout ottoman & Pack n'Play can be set up by guests (linens provided)
• Freshly laundered linens with each guest turnover (mattress covers, pillow jackets, cotton sheets, cotton pillowcases)
WE'RE IN OLD MOUNT PLEASANT, "EAST OF THE COOPER"
THE BEST OF ALL WORLDS:
• Historic Downtown Charleston: Take a short car, taxi, uber or bus ride (or walk or cycle) over the soaring Cooper River Ravenel Bridge with panoramic harbor and ocean views
• Beaches: Turn left on Coleman Boulevard, cross the Intracoastal Waterway on the beautiful Ben Sawyer causeway swing bridge (with bike path) and you're on Sullivans Island where you'll find beaches, restaurant row, history and the road over Breach Inlet to Isle of Palms.
EAST OF THE COOPER RIVER:
Our Shem Creek neighborhood is minutes from Historic Downtown Charleston and Atlantic beaches. This part of Charleston is an outdoor enthusiast's paradise and a history buff's dream. You'll just scratch the surface on your first visit and it's no wonder our Town of Mount Pleasant says, "Come On Over!"
JUST OFF PEDESTRIAN AND BIKE FRIENDLY COLEMAN BOULEVARD:
• Walk to award-winning restaurants, casual dining, coffee shops, music, bars, shopping
• Located two blocks from bike/pedestrian friendly Coleman Boulevard on a shady, flat, grassy lot in quiet, established single-family Shem Creek neighborhood
Coleman Boulevard, the heart of "Old Mount Pleasant", really is THE Boulevard. Whether to the beach or downtown, Coleman Boulevard takes you right where you want to go. And when you get back home to Vincent & Pearl, the livin' is easy in this part of town.
HOW FAR IS IT TO?
• Red Drum, Americano, Black Sheep, The Southern Bar & Grill, Mozzo Deli, Verde, Starbucks, Kudzu Bakery, Dunkin' Donuts, more: 2 blocks
• Bistro Toulouse, Art's, Page's Okra Grill, Vickery's, Shem Creek Bar and Grill, RBs, Tavern and Table, Water's Edge, Finz, Shelter, Americano, Taziki's, Mustard Seed and MANY, MANY more are just a few blocks farther!
• Sullivan's Island restaurant row (Dunleavy's, Obstinate Daughter, Poe's, Station 22, Salt, more): 3 miles
• We provide a list of convenient restaurants before you check in.
• Groceries: Harris Teeter, Publix & BiLo 1 mile or so, Whole Foods 2.1 miles, Trader Joe's 2.3 miles
• Seasonal Farmers Market: 4 blocks (Tuesdays April-September)
• Boone Hall Plantation market: 6.6 miles
• We provide a list of convenient groceries before you check in.
We're minutes from: Historic Downtown Charleston, Shem Creek's hopping Shrimp Boat Lane with watersports, nightlife and dining; Mount Pleasant's historic Old Village, Charleston Harbor and Intracoastal Waterway, Sullivans Island and the Cooper River Ravenel Bridge to downtown Charleston.
• See our gogobot Insider Guide to the Charleston area •
Click on "View Guide powered by gogobot" (find the link below the Location Map listings).
TRANSPORTATION TO HISTORIC DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON:
• Bus #41 to downtown: pick up 2 blocks from house at Starbucks (See ridecarta.com)
• Seasonal Water Taxi from Patriots Point to downtown: pick up 3 miles from house
• Cab/car services available to call
• Pickett Bridge Recreation Area on Historic Pitt St.: kayak launch, walking and fishing pier on the Intracoastal Waterway (4 mile round trip walk into the Old Village or a 5 minute drive)
• Cooper River Ravenel Bridge with walk/bike path to Charleston: 2.5 miles to bridge
• Tip: A super short stroll from our front door takes you to a Shem Creek vista (once the site of an ancient tide powered mill). It makes a great daily leg stretch with constant tidal changes and incredible sunsets to reward you!
OTHER RECREATION/FITNESS/BOAT LAUNCHES:
• Battery2Beach bike path (2 blocks)
• Bike rental (Mikes Bikes): 2 blocks
• Golf: Patriot's Point Links on Charleston Harbor: 3 miles
• Sullivans Island beach: walk, bike, drive 3.5 miles
• Isle of Palms beach, surfing and kiteboarding: bike, drive 5 miles
• Kayak trail launch: Pickett Bridge Recreation Area: 1.9 miles
• Kayak trail launch: Harry Hallman public boat launch: 1 mile
• Shem Creek kayaking, deep sea fishing, paddle boarding: 1.2 miles
• Fishing pier, Charleston Harbor at Ravenel bridge: 2.5 miles
• Haddrells Point Bait & Tackle: .5 miles
• Harry Hallman public boat launch: 1 mile (Mill St./Shem Creek)
• Remley's Point public boat launch: 4.2 miles (Wando River/harbor)
• Community playground w/restrooms at historic Alhambra Hall: 2 miles (Old Village on the harbor)
• Yoga: 2 blocks (Gaea), .8 mi (Serenity Now), 1.8 mi (Jivamukti)
• Coastal Climbing Gym 5.6 mi
• Swim facilities within 3-5 miles
A FEW OF THE MANY SITES TO TOUR:
• Historic Downtown Charleston: 7 miles
• Historic Old Village Mount Pleasant: Colonial and antebellum homes: a few blocks
• Fort Moultrie: Revolutionary War through WWII, African Passages Exhibit: 4 miles
• Fort Sumter: via Harbor tour from Patriots Point, 3 miles
• The Yorktown and Medal of Honor Memorial Museum at Patriots Point: 3 miles
• South Carolina Aquarium Wharf: 6.4 miles (downtown on the harbor) or take the seasonal Water Taxi from Patriot's Point
• Scenic Shem Creek overlook: 1 block
• Shem Creek boardwalk over the marsh at the Waterfront Park: 1.2 miles
• Historic Pitt St. Pickett Bridge Recreation Area: harbor and marsh view promenade: 2 miles
• Charleston Harbor: 2 miles
• Historic Old Village Mt. Pleasant: 10 min or so walk, less than a mile, historic houses, markers, cemeteries
• Patriots Point/USS Yorktown/military museum: 3 miles
• Visitors Center, Waterfront Memorial Park, Sweetgrass Pavilion, Armed Services Memorial: 2.5 miles
• Cottage on the Creek: 1.3 mi Shem Creek wedding venue
• Alhambra Hall: in Old Village on the harbor 2 miles
• Boone Hall Plantation, a working plantation: 7 miles
• Middleton Plantation (oldest formal garden in the U.S.) and Magnolia Plantation on the Ashley River: 23 miles
• Mepkin Abbey (gorgeous grounds overlooking the Cooper River, site of a Trappist monastery but shared with the public, a lovely 37 mile drive)
• Brookgreen Gardens (in Murrells Inlet 75 miles, a day trip worth taking if you're interested in sculpture, gardens, regional history, has great restaurant for lunch)
OR… STAY CLOSER TO HOME AND SHEM CREEK
STROLL TO RESTAURANTS, SHOPPING, WATERSPORTS, ENTERTAINMENT:
The location is perfect even if you never go far from Vincent & Pearl.
Our street skims the Shem Creek bank and is a favorite for runners, walkers, cyclists, rollerbladers and families with strollers. Enjoy the variety of folks making their way past beautiful Shem Creek while you sit back and take it all in. Or, walk up to Starbucks, grab a cup of coffee and get yourself moving!
NOTE: TO PREVENT DOUBLE BOOKING, WE ONLY HOLD DATES SECURED BY DOWNPAYMENT
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 1488 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Pets Not Allowed:
"Pets not allowed" = No dogs regardless of size, No caged animals such as birds, hamsters or squirrels, No birds on a perch, No bottled animals such as guppies, No cats, No aquariums, boxes or bags with turtles, lizards, fish, frogs, snakes or iguanas. No pocket pets. No Pets. No matter how well behaved. By the way, this applies to our family pets, as well. It also applies to any wildlife guests may round up while on vacation. Thank you!...moreless
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
- There are three bedrooms: one with a queen bed, one with a double bed, and one with two twin beds. There is an additional twin bed in the common area. Freshly laundered linens with each guest turnover (mattress covers, pillow jackets, cotton sheets, cotton pillowcases) • Packn'Play for infant/toddler for set up by guest (bottom sheet only provided). • Air mattresses: Two queen and two twin air mattress are available for setup by guests (sheets, mattress covers provided). • One foldout compact ottoman twin suitable for petite person is available for setup by guests (sheets provided) • All bedrooms have ceiling fans, closets....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- • Off-street parking for several cars/boat trailer. • One-car garage to stow gear or park a car, if needed. • New large washer and dryer, detergent provided. • We provide 12 beach chairs, 8 beach towels, 2 umbrellas, a cooler. • There are local rentals for outdoor activities (bikes, paddle boards, etc.). ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 23 - Mar 30, 2017
3 night min stay
Cooper River Bridge Run
Mar 31 - Apr 1, 2017
2 night min stay
Apr 2 - Apr 25, 2017
2 night min stay
Apr 26 - May 25, 2017
3 night min stay
May 26 - Jun 10, 2017
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat
Jun 11 - Jul 6, 2017
2 night min stay
Jul 7 - Sep 4, 2017
5 night min stay
Sep 5 - Nov 21, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 22 - Jan 1, 2018
3 night min stay
Jan 2 - Apr 30, 2018
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning/linens $125 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Tax Rate 12.5%
HOMEAWAY CALCULATES A SERVICE FEE AND ATTACHES IT TO ALL HOMEAWAY QUOTES:
"The service fee is a charge paid by the traveler to HomeAway for HomeAway's services. It is not paid to the owner for the rental of the accommodation."—HomeAway/VRBO February 2016
Posted rates are subject to change but rates locked in by a confirmed booking will not change.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Car: Not Necessary
NEAR HISTORIC SITES AND BEAUTIFUL BEACHES
Our house is located two blocks off Coleman Blvd. midway between 'Shrimp Boat Lane' at Shem Creek and the Intracoastal Waterway.
We are perfectly situated for The Cooper River Bridge Run, Charleston Race Week, fishing tournaments, golfing tournaments, you name it. We're near it!
Take Coleman Blvd. to the amazing Ravenel Bridge (great walking bridge) toward Charleston or head the other direction to the historic Ben Sawyer swing bridge (over the Intracoastal) to Sullivan's Island's beaches.
There you can watch the flow of marine traffic headed in and out of Charleston Harbor. Or, take a left on Sullivan's Island at Dunleavy's bar and restaurant. Cross historic Breach Inlet (where the Americans held off the British during the Revolutionary War) to Isle of Palms.
On the Islands you'll find stunning white beaches and rolling dunes. Surf shops and restaurants are clustered at the other end of Isle of Palms near the IOP connector.
Stop for a sunset cocktail at the Boathouse at Breach Inlet on your return to Mt. Pleasant. Or head on back and hit the more laid-back Shark open air bar upstairs behind Vickery's on Shem Creek. You'll catch a fabulous sunset over the marshes, the harbor and the steeples of 'The Holy City', Charleston. And you're close to home!
From the house at Vincent & Pearl you'll easily stroll to restaurants, coffee shops, bars and shopping. Walk, drive or bike to Old Village, Shem Creek attractions, the beach and Charleston.
Walk across Coleman Blvd. into the beautiful, historic Old Village and take your time exploring cemeteries and houses and reading the historical markers. Head toward the harbor and walk the streets where Revolutionary War officers plotted their moves.
Take morning and sunset walks on Vincent Drive past beautiful Shem Creek where you'll see the Cooper River Ravenel Bridge shining beyond Shem Creek's marshes. It's a walk worth taking several times a day just to check the tide! And keep an eye out for the egrets hunting in the tidal wash that approaches Vincent Drive just across the street from our house.
Or take the Water Taxi across the Charleston Harbor from Patriots Point to downtown Charleston. The water taxi is seasonal, so check ahead but it's a great way to take an inexpensive roundtrip harbor tour or go dolphin sighting, even if you don't jump off in Charleston.
If you take the water taxi out of the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina at Patriot's Point, be sure to stop in at the Reel Bar in the hotel. Again, fabulous sunset views and you'll be surrounded by angler history, artifacts and photos. Beautiful! And the food's great, too.
Bike rentals, kayaking, kite surfing rentals up on Coleman Blvd., at Shem Creek, on Sullivan's and Isle of Palms.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Tennesseans and Californians by birth, we now call Lake Norman, North Carolina and New York City home. However, we have spent so much time in Mt. Pleasant that we decided to buy a house here and continue to savor the salt air and sea. We enjoy fishing and sailboat racing, when possible, but even walking Shem Creek, Charleston Harbor and the beach really does make us happy to be here!
Why the Owner Chose Mount Pleasant, SC, USA:
We were intrigued by this area and spent lots of time here over many years. When this house became available from the original owners, we decided it would be a great location for us. We also fell in love with the majestic live oak growing by the back door. We're a casual bunch and wanted a no-nonsense house in this very easy town to enjoy. We spend as much time as possible here and love hosting our far-flung family down in the Lowcountry!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The location of this property just gets better and better! We continue to be impressed at the beauty of the vistas, the history, the restaurants and people. And, whether to the Atlantic beaches or downtown Charleston, we're almost there. Our quiet family neighborhood is just a two block walk from revitalized Coleman Boulevard, the pedestrian friendly 'Main Street' of Mt. Pleasant. A short stroll in the other direction promises amazing sunsets over Shem Creek's ever changing tidal marsh with the Cooper River Bridge in the distance! We keep it simple at Vincent and Pearl. As second owners we improved the layout of the house while honoring the original feel. For instance, we opened up the kitchen to the rest of the living area but kept cabinets built by the original owner. How do we know the first owner built them? We reconfigured the cabinets for the dishwasher and found (and preserved) the original owner's hidden inscription!
- Primary: +01 7042390064
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
BIKE OR DRIVE TO SULLIVAN'S ISLAND AND ISLE OF PALMS BEACHES. Photo/Lynn Strange
LARGE DINING TABLE SEATS SIX.
ANOTHER VIEW OF THE TV ROOM, CONVENIENT TO THE KITCHEN AND DINING AREAS.
HARDWOOD FLOORS: OPEN KITCHEN AND LIVING AREAS ARE DEFINED BY RAISED THRESHOLDS.
QUEEN BEDROOM. THE QUEEN AND DOUBLE ARE CORNER ROOMS.
DOUBLE BEDROOM. BEDROOMS & BATHS CAN BE SEPARATED FROM LIVING AREA BY HALL DOOR.
TWIN ROOM HAS A LARGE CLOSET W/SHELVES, MIRROR, SUITCASE STANDS.
SAFETY BARS IN BOTH BATHROOMS AT TOILETS AND SHOWERS.
SCREENED PORCH CATCHES EVENING BREEZES AND NATURE SOUNDS OF NEARBY SHEM CREEK.
OUR SHADY CORNER LOT HAS PLENTY OF OFF STREET PARKING AND A ONE CAR GARAGE.
NEAR LOVELY SHEM CREEK AND MT. PLEASANT RESTAURANTS: 10 MINUTES FROM DOWNTOWN.
SHEM CREEK SHRIMP FLEET BRINGS SEAFOOD TO CHARLESTON CHEFS. Photo/Treez Decker
MORNING LIGHT STREAMS INTO THE LIVING AREAS. THE LOWCOUNTRY IS CALLING!
CABLE TV CONVENIENT TO KITCHEN, DINING, LIVING AREAS.
THE FLOOR PLAN IS BRIGHT, OPEN AND AIRY.
STANDARD TWIN DAYBED IS GREAT FOR NAPPING, RELAXING CONVERSATION OR SLEEPING.
QUEEN BEDROOM HAS A BATHROOM WITH WALK-IN SHOWER.
TWIN ROOM HAS TWO DOORS: ONE TO KITCHEN AND ONE TO CENTRAL HALL TO BATHROOM.
FULLY TILED MAIN BATHROOM W/TUB/SHOWER IS IN CENTRAL HALL NEAR ALL BEDROOMS.
NEW FULL-SIZED W/D IN LAUNDRY. HANGING ROD FOR DRYING.
GRILL ON THE EXPANSIVE PATIO UNDER THE LIVE OAK AND THE STARS.
SHEM CREEK FROM THE SHARK OPEN AIR BAR AT VICKERY'S. Photo/Jim Jones
A FEW MINUTES FROM SULLIVANS ISLAND HISTORY, RESTAURANTS, BEACHES, ISLE OF PALMS
SHEM CREEK VISTAS: A ONE MINUTE STROLL FROM VINCENT & PEARL. Photo/Treez Decker
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.