Extraordinary Loft Retreat Waterside on St. Peters Bay, Prince Edward Island(15 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Sleeps 2 in separate sleeping alcove. 1 Bathroom
**McK·fol·ly, n. The McKenzie's - and - your whimsical and extravagant ... structure ... for diversion or amusement ... one's indulgence.
People from everywhere are attracted to Prince Edward Island, Canada. This special place is accessible, uncrowded and unhurried. What you seek is here - relaxed pace, fresh air and temperate climate, red country roads and endless shores, outdoor recreation opportunities, fresh seafood and farm-gate fare, artisans, music and song, dance and theatre.
If you are a couple, two friends, or an independent traveller on this Island, our McKfolly Studio Loft is where you’ll want to stay. Enjoy the polished style and creature comforts we offer while experiencing PEI's superb coastal life.
The McKfolly Studio Loft is a great place for one or two people to rest, have peace and quiet, to do creative work, explore nature and enjoy outdoor activities, or to seek out the Island's artisans, entertainment and dining venues. The daytime and moonlit views of the Bay, and starry night time skies, are outstanding from the loft and grounds. Situated waterside on the south shore of St. Peters Bay, there is on-site launching for your canoe or kayak, shore walking/combing and bird watching. (Note: on-site swimming is feasible but not ideal - shallow water, pebbly bottom. Outstanding white sand beaches suitable for swimming are just ten minutes away.) The rolled stone-dust Confederation Trail for walking, running or cycling, and birding, is at the top of the driveway. PEI National Park - Greenwich site, our superb North shore gulf and bay beaches, top-rated golf courses, and the retail services and entertainment you will want for pleasure and comfort are just minutes away.
When you stay at McKfolly, your independence and privacy is as important as ours. A stand of trees and forest garden separate the loft accommodation from our cottage home - we are nearby but far enough away. If you have questions or there's something you need in a pinch - we are available. We're happy to share whatever knowledge we have to make your stay all you want it to be. But above all, this is your holiday - your way.
Not yet convinced? Check out the details that follow, and then let us know you want to make McKfolly your 'home base' while here on holiday.
• Built in 2012, private second floor studio loft is in a separate building, completely independent from the Owner's home on the property.
• Accommodation has its own exterior stair access, with generous screened ground floor porch, open upper deck and landscaped grounds from which to enjoy the spectacular views.
• 50 m2 (540 sf) open plan, central air-conditioned space provides a living/eating/kitchen area, separate sleeping alcove for up to two people in king or twin (your choice) beds and a large bath/dressing room with generous walk-in shower, laundry (clothes washer and dryer, iron and board). Bed linens and bath towels are provided.
• Kitchen is fully equipped with premium stainless steel top mount refrigerator/bottom mount freezer, single dishwasher drawer, electric cook top and combination convection/microwave oven, along with an array of small appliances, cooking utensils, dish ware, cutlery and kitchen/dining linens.
• Wall-mount electric fireplace, as well as 81cm (32') flat screen TV with HD satellite service can be enjoyed from both the living and sleeping areas.
• Included land-line (use your own long distance telephone card or cell), wireless internet and a Bluetooth clock-radio-audio unit for iPod, iPhone, iPad and other blue-tooth enabled devices will meet your communication and media needs.
• Exterior furnishings include 2 porch chairs and side tables, 2 deck chairs and bench; and an electric BBQ. There is secure, weatherproof storage for bicycles, kayaks and golf clubs.
• Basic supplies are included: salt, pepper & olive oil for food preparation; kitchen, bath and laundry cleaning products; kitchen and bath paper products.
• McKfolly is smoke free, drug free and pet free accommodation.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 540 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 2
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Bath/dressing room with large walk-in glass shower
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2017 - June
May 27 - Jun 30, 2017
3 night min stay
2017 - July & August
Jul 1 - Sep 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
2017 - September
Sep 2 - Sep 30, 2017
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pre/post cleaning & tax $0.00
In Canadian (CAD) currency or equivalent US currency to "John McKenzie" using Interac e-transfer (in Canada) to: email@example.com OR by personal check or bank draft to: McKfolly Studio Loft, ℅ John McKenzie, P.O. Box 178, MORELL, PE, C0A 1S0 Canada
• 25% non-refundable deposit due within 10 days of Confirmation.
• Final payment due 30 days prior to rental Check-in.
• Seventy-five percent (75%) of the total rental cost for a booking cancelled within 30 days of the check-in date is refundable in the event of illness or urgent situations requiring cancellation.
• The booking is non transferable. Consider purchasing cancellation insurance.
• Payment means you've read & accept the terms & conditions of rental (provided separately)
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Walking, Birding, Watching sunsets and moonlit skies, Stargazing, Dining out and pubbing, Attending live theater and ceilidhs and concerts, visiting artisans of all stripes at their sites.
Just about any activity you prefer can be enjoyed here!
About the owner: Hi. Welcome from John and Bev to PEI and the McKfolly Studio Loft. We are retired Maritime Canadians who chose 'the Island' as home after living elsewhere in Canada during our working lives. We're here on St. Peters Bay for three seasons of the year, and in Charlottetown and off-island for the remainder. We continue to discover and enjoy the natural beauty, many charms and attractions of Prince Edward Island and its residents. At your request, we are happy to share with you what we have learned and enjoy here. Above all else, know this: PEI is a special place that is accessible, uncrowded and unhurried. What you seek is here. Make McKfolly your 'home base' when on the Island.
- Secondary: (902) 892-8157 2 Mar - 30 Apr 2017 - Call anytime.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of McKfolly Studio Loft facing St Peters Bay
Facing the loft building, looking southwest toward the ground floor porch and private stair to upper deck and entry.
View from the McKfolly screened porch to St. Peters Bay
A cozy corner to sit and read ..... or enjoy the view to the Bay
The sleeping alcove with King size bed. Bath/dressing to the left (out of view).
Bath/dressing room (washer & dryer are located here)
The upper deck provides a Weber electric BBQ and two classic Solair chairs for relaxation and enjoyment of the view
From the upper deck looking SW towards Julias Road and the multi-use recreational Confederation Trail
The NE Bay view from the upper deck
June lupins on the property
August wildflowers on the property
Early morning mist on the Bay - seen from the loft upper deck
Aerial view of property (yellow ring) and location of McKfolly (red ring)
Retractable porch screens assure outdoor comfort at all times.
Entry from the upper deck to the loft sitting area with electric fireplace
The dining area and fully equipped kitchen, with distant NW view to the Gulf
The sleeping alcove with (alternative setup) two Twin size beds.
Bath walk-in shower
From the upper deck looking SE across the Bay towards St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church
From the upper deck, looking north towards St. Peter's Bay
From the property towards St. Peters Bay community
July wild roses on the property
Hydrangeas and 'painted lady' pole beans at the loft ground level porch
Early morning mist on the Bay - seen from loft bedside window
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, May 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.