|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
We continue to update the house to make it perfect for 1 or 2 families to have a great vacation. We recently upgraded the wifi system and added Wii.
We take great pride in offering this clean, comfortable, newly painted and decorated vacation home set in NH’s Lake Sunapee region. This new home is surrounded by birch trees and provides a peaceful and relaxing getaway for family and friends. With 4 bedrooms and 3 full baths, the house can sleep up to 10 in beds, making it perfect for two families or for extended family or for space within your own family. The house is located in Newbury, NH, about 1 mile from Lake Sunapee – an ideal location for swimming, fishing, and canoeing in the summer and leaf-peeping in the fall. Mt. Sunapee is 5 miles away and provides hiking, biking, and swimming at the state beach. The Mt. Sunapee State Park has much to offer and has recently opened a new Adventure Park with many fun family activities for you and your guests to enjoy. The town of New London, with its great restaurants and shops, is also only 5 miles away. While secluded, the house is easily accessible from the highway (Route 89) and only 90 minutes from Boston, 35 minutes from Dartmouth, and 40 minutes from Concord.
Our home is furnished with everything you need for an enjoyable stay, including towels, linens, a collection of movies, adult and kid’s books, games for all ages, and a well-equipped kitchen. If you want to get away from it all, yet be in the middle of the best the region has to offer, this home is an ideal choice.
Reserve your vacation now – spring, summer and fall key long weekends and weeks are available - pick now to get your top choice.
• New construction - the cape style home was built 2004. Reclaimed wood floors
• On the 2nd floor - Master bedroom has queen, 1 bedroom with a full bed, and 1 with 2 twins. The 4th bedroom is on the first floor and has a full bed and a twin in it. most rooms have brand new mattresses – house just purchased in 2013
• 3 full bathrooms (2 up and 1 down) – showers with tubs in each – The Master Bedroom has its own bathroom attached. Very nice standalone wood vanity with tiled shower/bigger tub combination. Both upstairs bathrooms have radiant floor heat through the tiles and the other two bathrooms have granite sink surrounds.
• Kitchen with stainless steel appliances, island and table large enough to fit 10
• 1 large living room plus a den with a daybed, built in bookcases and Pellet stove
• New 42in flat screen TV with streaming movie/TV service (Netflix) included and dvd player and Wii - plenty of DVDs for all ages and Wii games
• Wireless internet (upgraded in 2016 for 2 modems to handle a lot of devices at same time)
* Nest thermostats put in in 2015
• Full laundry facilities
• Outdoor fire pit
• Exterior deck with outdoor dining area
• New whole house water filtration system
• Many windows providing lots of natural light and great views
• Well trained dogs allowed with an additional deposit
• Lake Sunapee was rated one of the Top 30 Lakes in the U.S. to visit in Budget Magazine and listed in the book “1000 Places to See Before You Die (in the U.S.A and Canada)” by Patricia Schultz. The Lake is one of the most pristine lakes in New Hampshire and one of the State’s best kept secrets
This is our first second home but we have rented many times for our family and dogs so I have researched many places to rent and then to buy so we are trying to offer the best out there for a rental. We hope you will love this place as much as we do. We are a family of 4 - 2 boys 9 and 11 and 2 rescue lab mix dogs. We love the mountains and hiking, skiing, and playing games as a family.
Jen Morrison purchased this house in 2013
We chose this home because it was newly built. Many of the homes (we looked at over 40) I saw on the market were older, had issues, and smells from their age or location near the lake. This home is very clean and has no bad odors that would offend my son with allergies. We also love its location, the privacy yet proximity to all of the attractions and the highway yet it's so quiet and removed from any busy road. We also chose it for its size - to have 4 bedrooms and 3 full baths meant that we could easily have friends and family staying with us while we are there. We have done that many times now and the house has never felt crowded even with 11 people there at the same time.
This home had the right mix of location and good bones so all we had to do was decorate. We chose calming, fun colors and kept everything uncluttered so guests can feel very relaxed on their vacation. We don't have a lot of clutter just neatly put away books, games, dvds and some toys - den has built in bookcases.
All around great place. It's obvious that someone actually lived here at some point- everything works. The kitchen has tools/pots/pans. Some random things you may need are around as well (tools in the basement, etc)Very nice layout with 3 bedrooms upstairs and 1 downstairs. Lots of toys and games for the kids for rainy days (though there was only one). Great eat-in kitchen that opens up to great deck, that opens up to a great yard with an inviting woods. There is a small BBQ for cooking, but a larger fire pit for sitting by. Near by is a very nice walking park (with natural and man made art/attractions). Of course all the Sunapee stuff is near by, but for kids the local library and few playgrounds should not be forgotten- but beaches, and hikes are more important. Supply shopping and restaurants are only a short drive. Grade A place.
No skiing at Mt. Sunapee :( But that didn't stop us from having a GREAT Family gathering.
We played family games, put together a HUGE puzzle, cooked and ate Lots of good food.
The grandchildren enjoyed the outside swing set and the fire pit for cooking marshmallows.
We also hiked the Fells, just a stone- throw away, two days in a row. We hope to be back
next year. Wonderful location and HOME!! Wally(our grand dog) loved it too!
Rented this for our extended family for a Winter weekend away. We had a wonderful time. Used the firepit every night even though there was snow. The house was very clean and organized and owners are very accomodating.
I stayed at this beautiful home for two nights and I couldn't be happier. It was a cozy and well kept home. The place was very kid friendly with plenty of boardgames and books to keep the little ones busy. I would definitely stay again!
Loved this house. Everybody slept well, the location is still close enough to the lake and New London but on a dead-end street so was very quiet. Bathrooms and kitchen were well updated, plenty of space for everybody, and the deck was nice as well. Will be back!
Stayed at this location for one week in July 2015 with 4 adults and 2 children plus our golden retriever. The house was roomy enough so as to not get into each other's way. We were definitely able to spread out, even the kids found separate places to hung out away from each other when needed. The location of this house was close enough to all of our plans that we made for the week, even a trip to Ben & Jerry's in VT. The house had ample cooking supplies and we even utilized the grill a couple of times. We did not use the fire pit but we regret not doing so. We set up badminton in the front and had plenty of room to get a good game going. Owner was helpful and quick to reply before and during our stay. The house worked out great for our group. It was clean & spacious with a decent yard.
The house is located in a very private, secluded area in the mountains yet it is not far from New London - 5 miles - and Newbury and Sunapee 3 or 5 miles - so there are many great restaurants and awesome things to do.
• Great trails at John Hay Park “The Fells” right down road off 103a and you can park there or on the side of the road for a great hiking trail that is across the street from the entrance to the Park
• We like Bubba’s Restaurant in Newbury Harbor. Ice cream is great too
• Marzelli’s Deli as you enter Newbury is also good for pizza, sandwiches and small grocery items – little pricy though but good food.
• Big grocery store is in New London. There is also a hardware and liquor store there. Turn left from Ramblewood onto 103a North and go straight a few miles until you get to a rotary then those stores on your left. The hardware store is Clarke’s Hardware 257 Newport Road New London 603-526-2800 Hannaford Supermarket (603) 526-6951 295 Newport Rd, New London, NH
• Good restaurants in New London too. Like Peter Christianson’s – Tavern - 195 North Main Street New London, New Hampshire - 603-526-4042 Monday - Thursday 11am - 8:30pm Friday & Saturday 11am - 9pm Sunday 10am - 4pm Now serving brunch on Sundays http://www.peterchristianstavernllc.com
• There is a town dock in Newbury and Sunapee with beaches there and one at the State Park at the opposite end of the rotary that goes to Mt. Sunapee. That park has a lot to offer – great beach and swimming, kayak rental, playground, food services and changing areas/restrooms.
• Mt Sunapee has a ton to offer in the summer. Adventure park, minigolf, dinner series, & much more http://www.mountsunapee.com/mtsunapeewinter/index.asp
• There is also a playground that you can go to for free by the Newbury town Library on 103.
• http://www.lake-sunapee-living.com great site for info on the area
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
We do not rent this house for the winter season as we use it ourselves during that time for the skiing at Mt Sunapee. We usually offer a few weeks in Dec and the week of MLK holiday. Please look at the calendar for availability. For the other 3 seasons we would be open to longer term rentals and will adjust the rate to benefit you. Please give us at least 3 days notice of a request to stay. Holiday weekends are 3 night minimum stays regardless of season. Thank you!
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.