Lakefront Holiday Hideway(2 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3BR/2BA Lake-Front Home With Private Dock
Let the beautiful expansive views of Lake Santeetlah take you away. This lovely home was remodeled to satisfy the visual senses. Its design is simply stunning. Whether you are inside preparing a gourmet meal in the chef’s kitchen while conversing with family and friends in the open living room or outside on the porch soaking in the panoramic lakes views, you will be impressed with grandeur of your surroundings. This home is ideal for taking in dramatic sunsets, lounging with a good book on the screened in porch or just relaxing inside and enjoying the numerous entertainment amenities the house has to offer. The home has two bedrooms and a bath on the main level as well as another bedroom and bath on the lower level. This is an ideal getaway and refuge from the hectic pace of busy days.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 1248 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- 2 bedrooms on main level and 1 bedroom on lower level
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
In the quiet shadows of layers of mountains, Lake Santeetlah's 76 miles of shoreline are mostly protected as national forest. Enjoy the silence via canoe, sea kayak or stand up paddleboard. ...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $100
- Cleaning Fee $150
- Tax Rate 9.75%
Call us for reservations and inquiries.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 6 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
• Have you memories of a shimmering lake, crisp earth, twinkling stars, and sweet smells of a campfire? They will be revitalized with a visit to Lake Santeetlah. Nestled in the Smokey Mountains of Western North Carolina and surrounded by the Nantahala National Forest, Lake Santeetlah is an unspoiled treasure. With over seventy miles of protected shoreline, Lake Santeetlah's 3,000 acres are a serene reminder of the beauty nature has to offer. A shining example of conservation and stewardship, Lake Santeetlah will remain shielded from the intrusive world for generations to come. Offering year round high levels of refreshing mountain water, due to stringent governmental licensing, Lake Santeetlah provides an ideal place to swim, canoe, kayak, and fish or the perfect backdrop to do nothing at all. A walk through Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest is a journey back in time through a magnificent forest with towering trees as old as 400 years. Some enormous yellow-poplars are over 20 feet in circumference and stand 100 feet tall. The floor is carpeted with a garden of wildflowers, ferns, and moss-covered logs from fallen giants. The only way to see the impressive memorial forest is on foot. The figure-eight Joyce Kilmer National Recreation Trail covers 2 miles and has two loops: the 1¼-mile lower loop passes the Joyce Kilmer Memorial plaque, and the upper ¾-mile loop swings through Poplar Cove, a grove of the largest trees. The trailhead parking area has a flush toilet and picnic tables. No camping or overnight parking is allowed. The memorial forest is beautiful in all seasons. Many wildflower show off their blooms in the spring before tree leaves open and shade the forest floor. Summer is wet, green, and lush -- a time when the forest is noticeably cooler than the parking area. Fall signals the gradual color change from greens to red, orange, yellow, and maroon. Then the leaves fall revealing the 'bones' of the mountains. This 11 mile stretch of Hwy 129 serves as the International meeting place for cycle enthusiast. With more than 318 curves, multiple switchbacks, hills, accentuating some of the most beautiful views this side of Saturn, you're assured of a wonderful time whether you're in a car or a motorcycle. Another riding road is the Cherohala Skyway - Visit in the fall when vibrant vermillion, golden, and orange leaves drape the trees surrounding the Skyway. Or plan a leisurely summer road trip, leaving plenty of time for picnics, hikes, fishing or many of the other activities available on the Cherohala Skyway. With hundreds of miles of hiking trails traversing the national forests, you're bound to find a favorite. Botany lovers will want to whip out their sketchbooks to capture in ink some of the 2,000 native plant species that thrive around the Cherohala Skyway. Catch your breath by pausing to admire the wildflowers sprinkled throughout the landscape in the spring. You can find out why Nantahala National Forest means land of the noonday sun or the Cherokee National Forest is sometimes seen as 'Land of the Waterfalls'. Cheoah River Whitewater Rafting offers some awesome whitewater adventures on this world class river. This Class 4 rapids river will test your paddling skills and you will be guaranteed to get wet. Adventures on this river make life long memories for your family. The highest dam in the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) system, Fontana Dam ranks among the most beautiful in the world. Surrounded by the extraordinary beauty of the Smoky Mountains, the adjacent national forests, and deep river gorges. South of the Smokies on the Appalachian Trail are the long climbs of the Stecoah-Cheoah Mountain area, then the outstanding Nantahala section, with 4,000-foot gaps and 5,000-foot peaks. Cheoah Bald offers panoramic views of western North Carolina. Like much of the A.T. in the deep South, you have a feeling of remoteness, and a sensation of being in deep forests. The variety of forest growth and the beauty of the flowering shrubs, along with the many spectacular views, make this entire section of Trail memorable. The section from the Nantahala River to the Georgia border features the best-graded trail at high elevations anywhere in the Deep South, with a couple of short exceptions. Cherokee history runs deep in these hills. Soldiers, acting under orders from President Andrew Jackson to remove all the Cherokee to Oklahoma, told Indians living in what was known as the Cheoah Valley to gather at a stockade on what is now known as Fort Hill in Robbinsville. A visit to the Junaluska Museum is a must.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Born on a farm on the outskirts of town, lifelong Robbinsville resident, I am very proud of my hometown. While I spent many years as an educator, I tried to instill in my students the importance of dedication to community and appreciation of this area’s natural beauty. I am committed to a standard of excellence, and look forward to helping people find the vacation home of their dreams.
Why the Owner Chose Robbinsville, NC, USA:
My family has owned property on Lake Santeetlah for over 50 years. Multiple generations have spent every summer since “on the lake”. Alot of the children grew up and moved away but continue to return each summer with the great-grandchildren. This is a place of such love and solid memories for our family. So dear to our hearts are the memories of the ladies of the family, after cooking an amazing meal, gathering to “catch up” on all the happenings. They would sit and watch the sun set over the lake while the kids took the last swim of the day. And the men either played cards or prepared to go out for the night, to fish. My son and granddaughter continue on with the memory building; eating ice cream as the day ends, jumping off the dock, fishing for “sunnies”, jet skiing, and catching fireflies! I am so grateful for Lake Santeetlah and the simple summer days where my family has learned so much about life and nature!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our favorite time of the day is sitting on the deck watching the colors of the sunset play on the lake while listening to the ducks chatter about their day's activities. And as we sit there, we notice that our cares of the day have slipped away.
- Primary: +1 8287350924
View from Dock
Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances
Comfortable Seating to Enjoy the Lake Views
Bedroom 2 with 2 Twin Beds
Lower Level Bedroom Sitting Area
Lower Level Shower
Walkway to Screened Porch
Livingroom with Screened Porch overlooking Lake Santeetlah
Enjoy Family Meals on Screened Porch overlooking lake Santeetlah
Bedroom 1 with Queen Bed
Upper Level Bathroom
Lower Level Bedroom with Queen Bed
Lower Level Bathroom with Shower
Lake Santeetlah Cabin Rental 3BR/2BA with Screened Porch and Private Dock
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 10, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.