Studio 5 Blocks to 4th, 7 to Ua. Please Be Sure to Read Details :)(9 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Hotel
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Sleeps two but small so ideal for one guest. 1 Bedroom. 1 Bathroom.
- Small, clean, detached furnished studio
- Recently updated: comfortable Queen bed with ventilated foam mattress topper
- A real comfort bonus is I have a large selection of quality pillows of various materials/firmness/sleep styles. Down & feather is standard in medium loft, but high loft (side sleeper) and low loft (stomach sleeper) is available upon request, as are 2 different types of memory foam, polyester (down alternative) in soft and firm, and buckwheat hull (Asian style).
- Free 40Mbps WiFi Internet, TV with USB port (no cable- major networks and local channels only, although cable can be arranged for longer stays if necessary). I have a very large selection of movies to borrow from.
- Mini-fridge with tiny freezer, microwave, toaster oven, coffee-maker, electric griddle, steamer/rice cooker, blender, dishes and a nice gas grill w/side burner outside on the deck
- AC, heat & ceiling fan
- Lovely courtyard with table & chairs
- Hot tub privileges for responsible guests
- Self-service laundry $2 per load (soap/bleach included)
- Please no smoking- we used to accommodate smoking outside on the deck, but have discovered that frequent smokers coming right back in afterward still bring in enough smoke odor that it's sometimes been noticeable by the next guest despite a thorough cleaning. Thank you for understanding.
- Please note this guesthouse is TINY: it's just a small bedroom (just large enough to fit all the above) & an attached bath (separated by a curtain). But it has vaulted ceilings and clerestory windows (on the north - great light for an artist) that make it bright & airy.
- Check-in time is generally after 5:30, but contact me to let me know when you'll arrive in Tucson, and we might be able to arrange a different time.
- Check-out times vary due to my work schedule (I need time to do the laundry for the guest coming in the day you leave, before I go into work):
Noon on Sat & Sun, 11am on Tues & Thurs, 10 am on Mon, Wed & Fri
- Sorry but no pets :( I know- I have my own (that's actually been the issue)
- HUGE bonus: free bicycle to use while staying here, with basket for groceries from numerous close markets*
a really nice place with a quiet and secluded feel in a friendly neighborhood that's blocks from the University and right down the street from the shops, restaurants, and fun of 4th Avenue
$55/night for 1st guest, two night minimum stay, $5/night for additional guests
$300/week for 1st guest, $35/week for additional guests
Note that during select local events like the gem show (early Feb), rates increase to $80/night and $450/week.
IMPORTANT: I don't like to charge the cleaning fees so many other places charge, instead offering you the option of cleaning yourself to avoid a fee. We used to collect a cleaning 'deposit' in cash from each guest, but since the vast majority of guests opt to clean the small space to avoid paying the fee, it's become a bit of a hassle constantly making sure we're available at both guest check-in and check-out to collect and return the cleaning deposit. So PLEASE NOTE our new policy: a cleaning fee of up to $50 will be withheld from the $300 overall 'damage' deposit, if you don't want to clean the property to the very same clean condition as when you arrived. You definitely don't have to clean if you don't want to be bothered with it, you just have the option of saving up to $50 (pretty easily) if you want. You do NOT have to do the laundry. We'll launder the bedding & towels so you don't even have to worry about making the bed. Please make sure you wipe down the shower, not just rinse it, so there aren't any water spots. Cleaning products are above the shower, and we have plenty others available if you run out. And if you miss something, don't worry- we're not going to charge you the entire $50 to clean one thing. This is just an option to avoid extra cleaning fees if you're guests like us, leaving places clean for the next folks anyway :)
Contact me for latest availability - it changes daily. Two small dogs live here (miniature greyhound, poodle mix) and 1 cat, and they have access through a pet door to the patio/backyard area. They do not have access inside the guesthouse of course.
* Please note the bike is an old single-speed cruiser that's seen younger and better days. Please understand the bike is available for use at your own risk, and you should examine it thoroughly before each ride to make sure you are comfortable using it. We don't make any effort to inspect the bike regularly, and we do not warrant its availability, serviceability, or safety, and we hereby disclaim any and all responsibility for any injury sustained while using it, even in the event of bicycle part failure. All that said, Ol' Bailey may not be beautiful but has been a workhorse for years. (We're not lawyers- if you are please feel free to help us with our legal-speak! :)
Member since: 2014
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Non Smoking Only:
Please no smoking- we used to accommodate smoking outside on the deck, but have discovered that frequent smokers coming right back in afterward still bring in enough smoke odor that it's sometimes been noticeable by the next guest despite a thorough cleaning. Thank you for understanding....moreless
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
Please note that because the studio is so small, the dining area is outside on the deck. There are some foldable tables in the unit if you need to eat inside, but the table outside is more spacious....moreless
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 27 - Feb 12, 2017
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 1 guests; add $5 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 1 guests; add $5 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Taxes Not included
Please note the cleaning deposit (instead of fee), described in detail in the listing :)
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: I'm an avid traveler and I've been hosting guests from all over the world in my guesthouse since 2008. I absolutely love to travel and my favorite experiences of all have always been meeting and staying with locals. So when I bought this place with a small guesthouse, I thought, why not host fellow travelers?
Why the Owner Chose Feldman's, Tucson, AZ, USA:
Super great location walkable to University of Arizona and the shops and fun of 4th Avenue, for a super great rate
The Unique Benefits at this Hotel:
Free bike to use (see listing for details :)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, January 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.