About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 5 nights
Sleeps two adults but small so ideal for one guest. 1 Bedroom. 1 Bathroom.
Private, detached, furnished guesthouse off 4th Ave, blocks from the University of Arizona & downtown. Simple, clean, and tiny, it stays booked near solid because of the low price for the location. Its diminutive size makes it best suited for solo travelers without a lot of baggage, or couples for short stays. I have just recently started listing here on VRBO, but I've been hosting since 2008 and I'm one of the most established and highly rated hosts in Tucson on other popular rental sites.
- Small, clean, detached furnished studio
- Its diminutive size makes it best suited for solo travelers without a lot of baggage, or couples for short stays
- Recently updated: comfortable Queen bed with ventilated foam mattress topper
- Linens, towels, small desk, dresser, bookshelf, and 3/4 bath (toilet, sink & shower)
- Free 40Mbps wifi Internet, TV with USB port (no cable- major networks and local channels only, although cable can be arranged for longer stays if necessary). I have a large selection of movies to borrow from.
- Mini-fridge with tiny freezer, microwave, toaster oven, coffee-maker, steamer/rice cooker, blender, dishes and a nice gas grill w/side burner outside on the deck
- AC with remote, heat & ceiling fan
- Nice courtyard with table & chairs
- Hot tub privileges for responsible guests
- Self-service laundry $2 per load (soap/bleach included)
- Please no smoking- we used to accommodate smoking outside on the deck, but have discovered that frequent smokers coming right back in afterward still bring in enough smoke odor that it's sometimes been noticeable by the next guest despite a thorough cleaning. Thank you for understanding.
- Please note this guesthouse is TINY: it's just a small bedroom (just large enough to fit all the above) & an attached bath (separated by a curtain). But it has vaulted ceilings and clerestory windows (on the north - great light for an artist) that make it bright & airy. See pictures :)
- Check-in time is generally after 5:30, but contact me to let me know when you'll arrive in Tucson, and we might be able to arrange a different time
- Check-out time is 11 AM
- Sorry but no pets :( I know- I have my own (that's actually been the issue)
- HUGE bonus: free bicycle to use while staying here, with basket for groceries from numerous close markets*
a really nice place with a quiet and secluded feel in a friendly neighborhood that's blocks from the University and right down the street from the shops, restaurants, and fun of 4th Avenue.
Feel free to contact me for reduced rates for extended stays. This depends on season, but starts at $300/week (+35 for additional guest), and $750/month (+85 for additional guest). If your stay is a bit shorter than a week or month, but the seasonal extended stay pricing works out to be lower, you can pay the lower price of course. Finally, note that during the International Gem Show (generally the first 2 weeks of February), rates increase to $80/night, $450/week, or $1150 for any month-long stay involving those dates.
IMPORTANT: I don't like to charge the cleaning fees so many other places charge, instead offering you the option of cleaning yourself to avoid a fee. I used to collect a cleaning 'deposit' in cash from each guest, but since the vast majority of guests opt to clean the small space to avoid paying the fee, it's become a bit of a hassle constantly making sure I'm available at both guest check-in and check-out to collect and return the cleaning deposit. So please note the new policy: a cleaning fee of up to $50 will be withheld from the $300 overall 'damage' deposit, if you don't want to clean the property to the very same clean condition as when you arrived. You definitely don't have to clean if you don't want to be bothered with it, you just have the option of saving up to $50 (pretty easily) if you want. You don't have to do the laundry to get your deposit back, but please make the bed with the spare linens and make sure the place is totally clean and 100% ready to go for the next guest, who may be arriving right after you leave. Please make sure you wipe dry the shower, not just rinse it, so there aren't any water spots. Cleaning products are above the shower, and more are under the sink in the laundry if you run out. And if you miss something, don't worry- I'm not going to charge you the entire $50 to clean one thing. This is just an option to avoid extra cleaning fees if you're like me, and tend to leave places cleaner than you found them :)
Note that Maude, a small rescued poodle mix, lives in my house in front of the studio, and she has access through a pet door to the patio/backyard area. She does not have access inside the guesthouse of course, and is so rarely outside you'll likely never see her. In the unlikely event she happens to be outside when you arrive, she may bark, but she is a sweetheart scaredy-cat and will no doubt then run into my house. But do please make sure you close the gate behind you, or she may later decide to go on a neighborhood walk by herself :)
* Also please note the bike is an old single-speed cruiser that's seen younger and better days. Please understand the bike is available for use only at your own risk, and you should examine it thoroughly before each ride to make sure you are comfortable using it. I don't make any effort to inspect the bike regularly, I do not warrant its availability, serviceability, or safety, and I disclaim any and all responsibility for any injury sustained while using it, even in the event of bicycle part failure. All that said, Ol' Bailey may not be beautiful but has been a workhorse for years. (ps I'm clearly not a lawyer. If you are feel free to help with the legal-speak! :)
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
I'm an avid traveler and I've been hosting guests from all over the world in my guesthouse since 2008. I absolutely love to travel and my favorite experiences of all have always been meeting and staying with locals. So when I bought this place with a small guesthouse, I thought, why not host fellow travelers?
Michael purchased this Cottage in 2008
Why Michael chose Feldman's
Super great location walkable to the University of Arizona and the shops and fun of 4th Avenue, for a super great rate
What makes this Cottage unique
Free bike to use (see listing for details :)
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 5:30 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Simply the best deal in Tucson!
Very reasonably priced. Convenient to the best part of downtown, Old Tucson (Easily walk into town and do the Turquoise Trail), and the Univ. of Arizona. Clean, simple accommodations in a pleasant neighborhood. If you’re considering ‘small house living’ come try it out and you’ll be surprised at how much living can be found in a small footprint. Great hosts. We’ll be back.
Great little spot
Very convenient location, definitely a tight space, but does the trick. Michael was great and we would certainly visit again.
Tiny, but mighty
Michael is a delightful host. His place is tiny, but has everything necessary for a short stay. Its only drawback for me was that there was only one eye-level window. The neighborhood is quiet, very close to the University and the Tucson Art Museum, etc.
charming, convenient location, great rate
Central location helped my husband and I familiarize ourselves with Tucson. Small, yes, but my 6 ' 5 " husband and I managed. Michael gave us some good food and sightseeing advice and we were able to easily park street-side in this quiet historic neighborhood, yet quickly access major roads to visit UA or explore out of town. We appreciated resting up in a comfortable bed after several busy days. Would stay here again when next we visit Tucson.
Return Stay Was Great
Love the location and the hospitality of the host!
Nice little place.
We just wanted a place to sleep and this one fit the bill. Although very small it was perfect for my husband and me for two nights. My husband especially liked the comfy bed. The landlord was working on the shower and as a result we were delayed getting into the house the first day, but there was a bottle of wine in our fridge! Thank you.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Please note the cleaning deposit (instead of fee), described in detail in the listing :)