Ca' Vittoria is a flat located in Sestiere Cannaregio. It is furnished with elegance, convenience and taste. In all the details one can note the attention that the owners have had to create a welcoming environment and an apartment equipped with all comforts to make guests feel at home. Ca' Vittoria is on the second floor of an historic building dating back to 1500 and inhabited by the Count Guicciardini. The building is fully restored and is located in a picturesque Venetian alley near the Jewish Museum of Venice, the Ghetto and the Venice Casino. The apartment can accommodate up to 6 people and has a kitchen, living room with a comfortable double sofa bed, two double bedrooms and a bathroom. Ca' Vittoria is ideal for a family who wants to spend a vacation in Venice, or for friends who want to spend an enjoyable weekend.
Ca' Vittoria, Elegant And Modern In One Of The Historical Sestiere Of Venice
Giorgio Di Paolo
- english, french, german, spanish, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Sep 28, 2018
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
We arrived late and the person who was supposed to meet us had been waiting even though we told our contact that we would arrive after 3:00 p.m. and would call when we arrived. The young man, Alessandro, was so rude and insulting that if I had not paid a deposit I would have left him on the street and found a hotel. When he and I arrived, since he would not wait for my 84-year old companion who I had to leave at the foot of a bridge, the place was dirty (I took photos but do not know how to attach them to this review). The kitchen sink had old food in it, the shower stall was moldy and there were dust bunnies around the house. The covers on the furniture in the living room were so dirty we never even sat in there. It was a real disappointment for me and I do not know what someone else would have done who did not speak Italian since the young man was not forthcoming at all. I was very upset with my experience, especially when I returned to the house on our last day, after taking my friend to the train station with her luggage to wait while I returned to get mine and found the cleaning lady in the apartment with the TV blasting away. I couldn't understand why they were so quick to get the place cleaned (it was not yet 11:00 a.m.) when it was so dirty when we arrived. I will be happy to send photos when I figure out how to send them from my tablet.
First of all we cannot be sure that this is a genuine review since we had no arrival scheduled on September 15th.
Assuming it is these are our comments and responses:
- the guest, by her own admission, arrived late. unfortunately the schedule of arrival in Venice in September is frantic, especially this year, and every deviation from the timetable is hard and difficult to accommodate
- we spoke to the agency we use for our meet and greet and there is no recollection of rudeness (they are in the business of being kind with the guests). at any rates, an investigation has been launched to clarify what happened and, pending that, the guy involved has been suspended from duty
- we have a crystal clear record of cleanliness of our apartments as can be verified not only on this site but on every other major vacation rental site over the internet: our guests appreciation speak for us
- this can also be deduced by the very words of the guest on what happened on the day they left, television audio volume notwithstanding
- we have periodic surprise inspections of our apartments to guarantee exactly that, and our maids are very respectful of timetables and check-out times; probably this guest was late in checking-out as she was late in checking-in
- from what we see in our records, the presence of a very senior person was not declared in advance, otherwise we would have adopted a special check-in procedure we use in these cases
- never during the stay of this guest we were made aware of something not up to their expectations, to give us the possibility to intervene and remediate, not directly (phone, txt, email, VRBO site... they had every way) nor thru our agency. this is rather bizarre and unusual because in those very rare cases when something happens, our guests are very vocal and fast in making us aware of the situation, and we act!
- it is strange that for all the rage one can read in this review, it came one full month after the stay, when one assumes that everything went ok and facts and recollections of facts are difficult to assemble.
We are of course very sorry that our guest expectations were not satisfied, we will go to the bottom of this as much as we can in the spirit of not repeating this kind of mishap. At the same time we would recommend this guest to be quicker and more forthcoming with their hosts when something is wrong: protesting after one month is seldom useful to us and to them, unless the review is to bully us into reimbursement.
Very nice place to stay in Venice, off the tourist path but close to everything
We had a good time at the apartment. Checking in and leaving were a little obnoxious, though. We missed an important appointment because our check-in person made us wait an hour at a boat station. Then, before we were supposed to leave, men came in and started shoving things around to remove all the bed linen and towels. It was hard to pack up with them pushing things around.
Other than that, the place itself is well situated and very nice. It's quiet, on the end of an alley right on a quiet canal.
thanks for your kind words about ca' Vittoria.
sorry that that check-in and check-out were less than satisfying; usually these work much better and we very seldom receive criticisms. only mitigating circumstance i can think of is that august-september is frantic in Venice and we have people coming and going continuously so we have to be very strict with check-out time to be able to reset the apartment for incoming guests.
I will pass your observations to our meet&greet people in Venice and I am sure they will try their best to correct the situation.
thanks again giorgio
Stayed at the apartment 2 nights and was in a harry to leave…
Stayed at the apartment 2 nights and was in a harry to leave…
We arrived to Venice before checked in time and was promised to meet with assistant who will guide us to the apartment to drop of luggage earlier … assistant was late for 1hr... not a good start for the day…
Considering we are 2 families with 16 years old daughters and apartment was listed as 2 bedroom sleeps 6 –each bedroom had 1 double bed and in one of the bedroom was 2 foldable beds, but there is no room in the apartment to unfold them!! Our girls has to sleep together on foldable sofa in the leaving room, which was very unsteady and mattress was falling down on the floor on one side of the sofa at the middle of the night. In addition after assistant left we realized that for 2 foldable beds was only 1 set of linen provided ??
There is no trash can in the bathroom and no shower caddy or shelf in shower, so get ready to hold your soup in one hand while taking shower with other. In addition do not forget to bring trash can liner with you (only one provided when you arrive in the kitchen).
Same with the keys - only 1 set for all.
Despite it’s good location, this place should be better prepared for the travelers.