Spacious view apartment that is the ground floor of a private home on quiet dead end street. Watch the ferries go by from the large private view patio with French doors. It's well known that summers in Seattle are incredible but fall and winter storms can be spectacular to watch from The Lookout as they forge their way across Puget Sound. With it's heated floors and covered patio The Lookout is the perfect place to cozy up and watch the Northwest seasons change.
It is a short walk from The Lookout to the following:
- Buses to downtown Seattle
(Easy access to stadiums for Mariners, Sounders, Seahawks)
- 2 neighborhood restaurants and bakery
- Lincoln Park and outdoor saltwater pool (pool open Memorial Day to Labor Day only)
- Fauntleroy Ferry dock
- Local beach access
Also located in West Seattle within 5 miles of The Lookout:
- Alki Beach - A true beach community with beach volleyball, fire rings, restaurants, great people watching, a passenger ferry to downtown, and the best view of downtown in all Seattle.
- The Alaska Junction - A vast variety of restaurants, brew pubs, deli's, bakeries, and our own Easy Street Records (they sell vinyl and breakfast!)
- The Admiral Junction - Similar to the Alaska Junction but with a flavor all it's own. And a movie theater!
(FYI: these "junctions" are where SW Alaska Street and Admiral Way SW each cross the main West Seattle north-south street, California Ave SW. There is also the smaller, but closer Morgan Junction about 2 miles from The Lookout.)
- Westwood Village Shopping Center - Very near The Lookout with a variety of stores (Target, Marshall's), restaurants (Starbucks, Vatsana's Thai) and other stores for your convenience (QFC, Rite Aid Pharmacy).
- Queen size bed
- Kitchenette (no stove) with sink, refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, & teapot
- Basic cable Xfinity
- Wireless Internet
- Street parking (free)
Apartment is accessed by short garden path and 6 steps down to patio and lawn area.
Sorry but no smoking inside or out, and no pets.
PLEASE NOTE: Seattle is a very progressive (some might say aggressive) recycle-conscious community. Detailed instructions for how to separate waste and receptacles for each type of waste are located in the unit. We understand that it may be a little confusing at first but with just a little effort, and reading, it's actually pretty easy to accomplish. If after your stay we feel an honest attempt hasn't been made to separate the waste we may deduct a portion of your deposit. If we don't separate it we get nasty notes and even fines from the city. Thank you in advance for your efforts!
A separate guest house "The Perch" (sleeps 2, full kitchen, W/D) is also available on this property. Look for #725731. This may be preferable to "The Lookout" if you want a stand-alone unit.