Mill Valley house description
* Mid-Century 3BR/2BA Home nettled in a Redwood Forest with extensive outdoor living space (both deck and patio)
* Short 10 min walk into downtown Mill Valley (coffee, shopping, restaurants, entertainment)
* Hike/bike from house into Blithedale Canyon and up Mount Tamalpais, and lots more trails.
* 15 minutes drive across the Golden Gate into San Francisco
* Surrounded by majestic redwoods, forest views throughout
* Extensive renovations and entirely new furnishings
* Numerous windows and skylights brings lots of natural light into the home
* Wrap-around gas fireplace in LR and DR
* Fully-equipped and well stocked gourmet kitchen
* Master bedroom with en-suite bath
* Media room with home theater system & Day Bed/Trundle Bed convertible into two additional twin beds
* Free high-speed WiFi
* Parking in driveway for two cars plus street parking
* Housekeeper Optional
* No pets, no smoking on property (indoors or outdoors), no events or receptions
* Sleeps 6-8 (up to 6 adults + 2 children)
VRBO advertised rates are based on 4 guests; add $20.00 per night, per additional guest. These additional guest fees are applied during booking.
There is also a $125 Cleaning Fee added during booking.
This vintage mid-century house has the classic living space of that period – a central wrap around fireplace and chimney that defines the open-beam living room, dining room, and the kitchen, all with an open floor plan, extensive skylights and picture windows that emphasizes the large size of the living spaces. Three bedrooms, all with queen size beds, are in their own wing. There are two bathrooms, one of which is in the master suite. There is a media room with HD TV, Blu Ray DVD, and cable TV. A daybed with trundle bed in the media room can be used as two twin beds for the kids. Also in the media room is a desk for writing or catching-up on your email. Hardwood floors and forced air heating throughout the house. Fast, large washer/dryer are available in the garage.
The private outdoor space is unsurpassed. The beautiful enclosed large deck sits among the redwoods, and the large private back patio is an ideal space for a barbecue-all surrounded by mature redwood trees. All rooms exit out into either the patio or the deck through glass doors.
This property is very tranquil and quiet. The house is nestled in a redwood forest, surrounded by mature redwood trees, a creek, and a truly peaceful, romantic setting. Every room in the house has a window facing the redwoods that circle the home, bringing in natural light. All three bedrooms have sliding glass doors: two face the large front deck and the master suite faces the large patio and garden.
Our residential neighborhood is tranquil and quiet and family-oriented. A ten minute stroll, along the Corte Madera creek and through massive 100+ year-old redwoods of Miller Grove brings you to the center of the quaint village of Mill Valley. Walk 5 minutes the other direction and you are into Blithedale Park and beyond up Mount Tamalpais to its many hiking trails.
Business in downtown Mill Valley include numerous high-end and casual restaurants, a grocery store/deli, a fantastic local bakery and a wide variety of boutiques. There are also many entertainment options: the historic Sweetwater Music Hall, the 142 Throckmorton Comedy Club, and a vintage movie theater. Marin Theatre Company is just a 5 minutes drive away.
Mill Valley has two Whole Foods markets, a Friday Farmer's Market, and organic sections in the historical market and two Safeway Stores.
For hiking, mountain biking, surfing and more, Mount Tamalpais State Park, Muir Woods National Monument, Stinson Beach, and the Marin Headlands are all just minutes away. Sausalito and Tiburon are both tourist destinations and also minutes away. The Napa and Sonoma Wine countries are only an hours drive north. And of course, the world-class city of San Francisco and all it has to offer is only 15 minutes away across the Golden Gate Bridge.
Here is a link to a New York Times article on the city of Mill Valley: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/24/realestate/mill-valley-calif-widespread-charms-and-excellent-schools.html?utm_source=FB&utm_campaign=AudDev&_r=0
Bikers and hikers