The house is located in the stunning Lecrin Valley near to Granada in Andalucia, Spain and is registered with the Andalucian Tourist Board (No: VTAR/GR/00885)
The things our guests love about the apartment are:
- Spacious and clean - You can read all of the previous reviews of how clean and spacious the apartment is.
- Comfortable beds in a quiet village - Most of our guests comment on the good night's sleep they have.
- Attention to detail – Although we have only been hosting for 2 years, we know from experience that it is important to have good facilities and equipment and we do our best to think of your travelling needs.
Guests also love our guide book and mention it in their reviews.
- The rooftop terrace – Spacious and sunny all day with views over the mountains and a large gas BBQ for a perfect meal and a relaxing glass of wine.
- Ideally situated for visiting Granada and the Alhambra in one direction and the beaches of The Costa Tropical in the other (both 20 minutes away). The start of the Sierra Nevada National Park is just 5 minutes walk from the front door and the Alpujarras “white villages” are just 45 minutes away through beautiful countryside.
- Perfect if you enjoy walking, cycling, skiing, horse riding, photography etc.
What our guests say:
“The apartment is part of a beautifully restored home, occupied for over 200 years and typical of the style of old houses in Andalucia. The house surrounds a Moorish style internal patio, has many of the original features, a wonderful, large rooftop terrace with views over the mountains and all the facilities to make this a wonderful place to stay!”
Pat & Alan C - Hampshire
- Private entrance to your...
- Living area with a very comfortable leather sofa, free Wi-Fi throughout the apartment, TV (with only Spanish channels at the moment), CD player, DVD player (we have a selection of DVD’s for you to choose from), wood burning stove, floor standing fans.
- 2 Bedrooms, each with a double bed, large wardrobe and drawers, views overlooking the old mill and the mountains.
- Bathroom with shower / bath, shaver socket and hairdryer
- Fully equipped kitchen – with electric oven, ceramic hob, kettle, microwave, toaster, food mixer, fridge freezer, washing machine, cooking utensils etc.
- Dining area – with table and chairs, double doors with Juliet balcony, plenty of cutlery, plates, dishes etc.
- Rooftop terrace – with views over the valley and mountains, large dining table, easy chairs, sun - loungers, gas BBQ and plenty of cutlery and utensils.
- Studio with a double bed, single bed, en-suite shower room, fridge, freezer, toaster, microwave and CD player, this room is used when we have 5 or more guests.
Interaction with Guests:
The apartment is part of a 200 year old house; we live on the ground floor and will be available to answer any questions or help you with your plans. You might also find us pottering around tending the plants on the rooftop terrace!
We know that many guests arrive here after the shops have closed, so if you need any items of food or drink to keep you going, then please let us know and we will do our best to get them for you.
The village is situated in the Lecrin Valley and is a mixture of old and new houses. We are within 5 minutes walking distance to Talara (sometimes mistakenly called Lecrin) with small supermarkets, a good butchers, restaurants, bars, banks, garages and a pharmacy.
During the Summer there is also an open air swimming pool only 2 minutes walk away.
- Granada is 20 minutes away by car, with plenty of relatively cheap, safe, parking.
- The coast is 20 minutes in the other direction, with a range of beaches, from large with bars/restaurants on the beach (chiringuito’s), to small secluded coves with crystal clear water.
- The start of the Sierra Nevada National Park is 5 minutes walk from the house and we live in a valley full of orange, lemon, almond, walnut, avocado and pomegranate trees.
- The Alpujarras area with its famous “white villages” is a 30 minute drive away, through winding mountain roads, deep gorges and the remains of Moorish castles.
There are some laminated maps in the apartment to help you plan a day out, or of course you are more than welcome to ask us about any ideas you may have.
Travelling south from Granada in the 7th Century the Moors reached a vast, fertile valley encompassed within a bowl of mountains. The land had everything they prized – good earth, free-flowing rivers and the natural fortification of the sierras. Captivated by its beauty, they named it El Valle de Lecrín – which is commonly interpreted by the locals today as “Valley of Happiness”.
Prices vary depending on the season and the number of guests. The calendar shows the correct prices for 2 people. We are always interested to hear from people who would like to rent for a month or more and quite open to discussing favourable rates.
Check-In at/after 4:00pm
Check-Out at/before 11:00am
Other times are usually no problem and can easily be arranged, please ask.
Please contact us to check dates and tell us a bit about yourselves and your trip BEFORE you request a booking, this will enable you and us to ensure you have a perfect visit.
We try to keep the calendar as accurate as possible, but we might be in communication with other guests.