Historic Renovated Rosedale Ghost Town House in Magdalena, Nm, Horse Friendly
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
The Casa Javelina is located in Magdalena NM, 6500 ft, gateway to the Cibola and Gila National Forests. It was originally located in Rosedale, a silver mining town in the San Mateo Mountains about 20 miles away from its current location. The house has been fully renovated. This is a perfect base to explore the Socorro Valley to the east and the high plains to the west.
2 Bedrooms, 1 bath, fully functional kitchen w/ gas stove and oven, microwave, coffee maker, full size fridge, washer/dryer. Native plant landscaped yard, outdoor table. gas grill. The master bedroom has a queen, the small second bedroom has a full size pull out, and another futon can be pulled out in the living room. Linens, blankets, and pillows for the pull outs are available.
A horse pen big enough for 3 horses adjoins the backyard. Bring your horse! Many fabulous rides are possible in the Magdalena area. A day on horseback in the high plains is sure to make you feel like you are in an old western movie!
An aspen wood swing in the backyard aspen grove is a great place to watch the sunset paint the nearby 10000 ft Magdalena Mountains.
Walk 100 yards to the Golden Spur bar to mingle with local Spanish folks, Navajos from the nearby Alamo Reservation, or ranchers from the country all around.
Day trip to the Bosque Del Apache Wildlife refuge (35 miles) or to the Very Large Array Radio Telescope (15 miles).
Or explore three ghost towns (Kelly, Riley and Rosedale) all located within 30 miles of Magdalena.
Hiking and Mountain Biking opportunities abound around Magdalena. Pick up/ drop off services for day trips can be arranged with the owner.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Member since: 2015
- 900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- a second couch/pull out futon is in the living room
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Magdalena is a gateway to Outdoor Recreation. Beautiful, wild country, far from the maddening crowd surrounds us . The owner of the Javelina House, has been exploring the country around Magdalena for 25 years. We can help you set up your own adventure! Pick up/drop off services for hikers and mountain bikers are available to allow cool one way trips! We'll be happy to share information about our favorite trails and areas. Local National Forest and topographic maps are in stock and for sale at the Javelina House, as well as on display on the walls of the small bedroom in the house. Snowshoeing and cross country skiing are possible in big snow winters. The Casa Javelina makes a great hunting base. Hunting opportunities near Magdalena include Mule Deer, Coues Deer, Elk, Antelope, three species of Quail, and more. Birdwatching and Wildlife Viewing opportunities are plentiful, both in the Magdalena High Country and in the Rio Grande Valley below. Ask the owner for ideas! ...moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $15 + tax
- Tax Rate 7%
Rates are subject to change until a booking is confirmed.
The basic rates are for 2 adults. Additional guests (over 12) will be charged $10 per night.
Children (12 and under) stay free.
Horses in the pen will cost $15 per night per horse.
Pets require a $50 refundable deposit per pet.
Please keep pets off the furniture.
Monthly rentals require a $300 refundable damage deposit and $100 refundable per pet
Weekly rate $375 for 2 adults, Monthly rate $1075 for 2 adults.
Contact the owner for weekly or longer rentals, or if you are bringing pets or horses.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 1993
About the owner: Magdalena Resident for 20 + years, I love the country and the people here. Taught 15 years at Mid and High school on the nearby Alamo Navajo Reservation. Now owner of Nanise Native Plants, a landscaping company.
Why the Owner Chose Magdalena, NM, USA:
Got an amazing deal on it back in the 90's. Historic charm.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The renovation work was a lot of fun. The old historic place is now comfortable and funky.
- Primary: +1 5754187737
Links to more information:
Welcome to the Old West!
horse pen view
horse pen view
snowshoeing in the Magdalena Mountains
street viem of the Magdalena Mountains
Hiking Water Canyon - 10 miles from the Casa Javelina!
Cross Country Skiing in the San Mateos - 20 miles away
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.