South Boston is a great place to base yourself because of the proximity to the heart of the City while maintaining its own identity and neighborhood feel. South Boston is easily accessible by public transportation with subway and bus stops only minutes from the condo. Only 10 minute cab ride to/from Logan Airport. Only 10 minute walk to Boston Convention Center!! Short walk to Downtown/Financial District, Seaport District and other area amenities. Very comfortable, modern unit. Granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances; Master Bedroom with queen size Temperpedic mattress. Flat screen TVs with cable; sleeps 4 to 6.
Ideal location to base yourself if in town for business or vacation.
- english, french, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Nov 13, 2018
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Nice place in a nice location
We had a great stay at Gary’s. It was perfect for us and the other couple traveling with us. Gary was attentive to any needs and was kind enough to provide a nice bottle of wine for us to enjoy.
The location for us was good as well. It was close to the heart of Boston without being right in the middle of the business.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time.
The location was close to restaurants, downtown and the airport. BUT!
The unit is cluttered!!
The unit sleeps 4-6 and can only seat 2 people at the kitchen table. The seats at the table have no support and you sink down when sitting.
The master bedroom has nude pictures of women over the bed, which is inappropriate for adults and children.
The toilet in the master bath runs after flushing.
Alarm clock was left on and woke us at 6 am
No closet space for hanging items in master bedroom.
No cable TV as advertised and TV's in bedrooms have no signal.
Balcony did not have amenities as shown in pictures.
The second bedroom has a queen mattress on sofa bed springs and offers no support. The springs are worn which make you roll toward the middle of the bed.We didn't get a good nights sleep the 3 nights we were there.
The picture of the second bedroom on the website doesn't show the total room.
There is a gun safe. desk and chair and other items which make the room small.
I have stayed in over 10 VRBO's/HOME AWAY in the past and this is the most disappointing.
Kevin claims to be disappointed with his stay. Needless to say I am disappointed with his review. Particularly since his complaints appear to be extremely nit picky, and I find his negativity nauseating. Let's go through his complaints one by one shall we.
1. "The unit is cluttered". Quite subjective. Particularly since other than the second bedroom, which has a number of my personal belongings in it, the unit is not really cluttered at all. Unless you call bookshelves full of books and art clutter of course.
2. "The unit sleeps 4-6 people but the kitchen table only has seating for 2"- True. It's a 2 bedroom apartment and I'm a bachelor. Hence the table for 2.
3. "Nude pictures of women over the bed, which is inappropriate for adults and children." Nice mischaracterization Kevin. They are aren't "nude pictures", THEY ARE PAINTINGS. it's called ART. And it's only minor, partial nudity of a female's breasts. Sorry your conservative sensibilities were offended but since the paintings are CLEARLY visible in the photos of the bedroom on my VRBO listing, shame on you for booking my unit.
4. "The toilet in the master bath runs after flushing".- You stayed for 3 nights and NEVER ONCE reached out to me to complain about it. If you had I would have addressed it.
5. "Alarm clock was set for 6am and and woke us up"- And that's my fault?? Maybe you should have checked it before you went to bed?
6. "No closet space for hanging items in master bedroom" FALSE.. While I do have quite a bit of my clothes in the closet, because I live there when it's not rented out, there is PLENTY of space for guests to hang their items.
7. "No cable TV as advertised and TV's in bedrooms have no signal." I guess you didn't read the info I sent you: it CLEARLY stated the TVs in the bedrooms are no longer connected and I do not have cable but a streaming service known as Sling TV, as well as Netflix, for living room TV.
8. "Balcony did not have amenities as shown in pictures" I don't have a balcony. I have a back deck and a roof deck and everything is there except for 2 lounge chairs. Plenty of seating on roof deck for up to 10 people.
9. "The second bedroom has a queen mattress on sofa bed springs and offers no support. We didn't get a good nights sleep the 3 nights we were there." Mattress is 1 year old and have had 0 complaints but yours about it.
And you left my place a mess. Guess you expected a maid to pick up after you. My suggestion to you: Stay in a hotel from now on.
Well located - very nice apartment
Spacious updated apartment was in great shape and the owner/manager did a nice job staying in touch with details to make entry seamless - which is what you want when on vacation. Roof deck was a pleasant bonus.
This charming condo was perfectly located, clean, and stocked. Couldn't have asked for anything better! Gary was a pleasure to work with as a host and we had no issues at all.
A great apartment in a great location. We walked to the local area restaurants, shops and grocery. Close to Boston attractions. The apartment is well appointed with just about anything we needed. Very interesting art, books and tchotchkes in the place. We enjoyed the apartment and if we are in the area again, we would definitely stay there.
Thank you, Gary! The wine was delicious!
Hi Nancy. Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a review. But I have to ask, if you enjoyed it so much, why not 5 stars???
Nice property, disrespectful owner
The apartment had everything we expected that it would. Nothing was exaggerated or understated, the description Gary provides fits the space. Everything was clean and available to us, but many of his personal belongings crowded the apartment. Otherwise, the apartment was very pleasant and we had a comfortable stay. Also, the location truly is excellent. What spoiled the impression of our stay- we would have rated this as a 5 otherwise- was Gary's disrespectful treatment afterward. He called me and angrily accused me of having more people stay in the apartment than I had booked for. Then, after I explained that I had, in fact, booked for the right number of people, he double checked his records, and realized that he was in the wrong. Even after this, he did not apologize. He simply made an excuse for his lack of detail-orientation, and as a customer, I felt disrespected and undervalued.
Aside from the poor communication in general from the guest I find the guest's charaterization of what occurred completely disingenuous. To say I "angrily" accused her of having more than what was reserved for is a complete mischaracterizarion. I did indeed question her on this point by phone as I was a bit put off when I arrived at my home to find the place in complete disarray. Apparently they felt they didn't need to pick up or clean up after themselves per my checkout instructions. The mess looked liked it had been caused by more than the 2 people I mistakenly thought the reservation was for. And on top of it, after I called and realized my mistake I did indeed apologize. Lastly, in regards to my property, it's my homes not an empty, souless apartment. If you are looking for that then there are plenty of stale hotels you can stay at. Finally, people who book homes on short term rental sites are not "customers". You are asking to stay in someone's home and you are expected to treat that home with a great deal of respect
Additional information about rental rates
I expect guests to treat my home as if it were their own. Be neat and clean, considerate, and respectful of both my home and my neighbors. I do my best to meet my guests in person upon arrival. I take that opportunity to give a personal tour of the condo, an overview of the surrounding neighborhood, suggestions on things to do, places to go, where to eat. I'm always available by phone or email.